Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Heat @ Raptors: Stopping the rolling Heat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of things:

- Raps ALWAYS ends up turning the ball over after a timeout. ALWAYS.
    -Calderon > Lowry. Still not convinced that Lowry is a starting caliber PG in this league. If i'm BC or whoever is the GM next year i would sign Jose to a 2 year deal in the offseason.
    - I would like to see Gay in the post more.
    - I'd like to see the Raps run more post up plays for JV as well.
    - Amir Johnson is a BEAST.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Calderon is NOT better than Lowry lets be real here TRex....

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Couple of things:

- Raps ALWAYS ends up turning the ball over after a timeout. ALWAYS.
        -Calderon > Lowry. Still not convinced that Lowry is a starting caliber PG in this league. If i'm BC or whoever is the GM next year i would sign Jose to a 2 year deal in the offseason.
        - I would like to see Gay in the post more.
        - I'd like to see the Raps run more post up plays for JV as well.
        - Amir Johnson is a BEAST.
        We should get over Calderon. He's gone and it's highly highly unlikely that he comes back, especially for the money we can offer.

I'd like to see JV get more touches in the post as well, just to learn, but that will inevitably lead to lots of turnovers.

Comment

• josh lewenberg ‏@jlew1050

bosh on extending streak vs raps "i definitely dont want to lose in toronto, thats for sure because they'll never let me hear the end of it
          fuck this guy!

Comment

• Terrence Ross' footwork looked baaaad today. That is something he really needs to work on. He was always off balance, going off the wrong foot. He really needs to calm his game down sometimes.

Comment

• I don't understand how you can outrebound a team by so much and still get beatdown like that?

As usual, Raps with a solid 3rd quarter by attacking the rim and drop the ball by going back to their perimeter ways in the 4th.

Amir Johnson is the only play who shows up after the 3rd quarter.
              Last edited by JasonS; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Calderon is NOT better than Lowry lets be real here TRex....
                Seriously? what has Lowry done in his 7 year NBA career? nothing. He's a CAREER backup. And his play this season hasn't changed my opinion that he's nothing more than a backup PG in the NBA.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

fuck this guy!
                  Why, he's right isn't he?

Comment

• Lowry seems so disinterested. He looks like he doesn't give 2 shits about what is going on

Comment

Seriously? what has Lowry done in his 7 year NBA career? nothing. He's a CAREER backup. And his play this season hasn't changed my opinion that he's nothing more than a backup PG in the NBA.
                      ...seriously how many years have we had Calderon on the team to lose us games. Lowry was the startng gurd in Houston to make them a playoff team till he got hurt and wasnt played again due to bad blood with McHale.

Calderon cant handle high pressure games time and time again he folds like a cheap chair, Detroit ince the trade 2-11 need I say more? The games we have won against .500 teams have been largely because of Lowry running the team.

Dont let Lowry laying an egg against the heat make you say he is an awful player etc etc just makes me think you dont watch the games and only read the boxscores, then dish out criticism. Calderon is good but he doesnt impact the game he is soft great guy but soft and when your point guard is soft you aren't going anywhere as a team.

Comment

• excuse me 5-16 since Calderon started in Detroit seems like the same thing he was doing in Toronto these past years. Lowry starting with no Bargnani playing is effectively running a .500 ball team.

Comment

...seriously how many years have we had Calderon on the team to lose us games. Lowry was the startng gurd in Houston to make them a playoff team till he got hurt and wasnt played again due to bad blood with McHale.

Calderon cant handle high pressure games time and time again he folds like a cheap chair, Detroit ince the trade 2-11 need I say more? The games we have won against .500 teams have been largely because of Lowry running the team.

Dont let Lowry laying an egg against the heat make you say he is an awful player etc etc just makes me think you dont watch the games and only read the boxscores, then dish out criticism. Calderon is good but he doesnt impact the game he is soft great guy but soft and when your point guard is soft you aren't going anywhere as a team.
                          So you really think i'm criticizing Lowry now because of his play today? seriously? guess what, i've criticized him ALL SEASON LONG.

Fact is, Lowry makes way too many boneheaded decision offensively and defensively, silly turnovers when the game is on the line, likes to play hero ball. And i'm not sure if you watched today's game but Jack Armstrong has criticized him all game long.

You mentioned Calderon folds in high pressure games. Funny, but have you watched Lowry play in the 4th this year? LOL. Let`s just say, i don`t think he likes pressure.

And did you just say Detroit is 2-11 since the trade? are you really going to go there? LOL you`re grasping here. Detroit before the season started was projected to be one of the worst teams in the league. The Jose trade hasn`t changed that. So with Calderon what exactly are you expecting their record would be? 11-2?
                          Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 05:02 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I know that you are a Pancake fan dude, you flip your opinion more than a Seal flipping pancakes with his flippers. Lowry cant handle pressure??? since when didnt he just hit 2 game winners in the last month? But that isnt all there is to handling pressure... I'll take Lowry's gambling on D over Calderon's matador Defense any day.

Pistons were bad but not that bad as predicted before the trade they were top 10 defensive team now with Calderon they have plummeted to 24th... Calderon isnt as good as you think he is, he really isnt.

Comment

I know that you are a Pancake fan dude, you flip your opinion more than a Seal flipping pancakes with his flippers. Lowry cant handle pressure??? since when didnt he just hit 2 game winners in the last month? But that isnt all there is to handling pressure... I'll take Lowry's gambling on D over Calderon's matador Defense any day.

Pistons were bad but not that bad as predicted before the trade they were top 10 defensive team now with Calderon they have plummeted to 24th... Calderon isnt as good as you think he is, he really isnt.
                              And Lowry isn't as good as you think he is. Problem with Raptors fans like you is that they overhyped their own players like they're the second coming.

Let me guess, I bet you you still wouldn't trade Ross + Lowry for Wall?
                              Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 05:24 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

And Lowry isn't as good as you think he is. Problem with Raptors fans like you is that they overhyped their own players like they're the second coming.

Let me guess, I bet you you still wouldn't trade Ross + Lowry for Wall?
                                I wouldn't. Wall hasn't proven anything yet and Ross looks very promising

Comment

Working...
                                X