No announcement yet.

2012 Draft Thursday, June 28th: Raptors select Terence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My one friend is a huge Duke fan and come march madness time is absolutely insufferable in his homerism. He actually gets angry when various Duke players aren't drafted higher since he feels Duke makes the best NBA players.

Anyways, what I'm getting to is he just texted me asking if it was true we were going to draft Rivers (regarding the promise rumour) and I figured he was going to gloat but then he sent:

"Stay the fuck away from Rivers, dude is a cancer. There's a reason coach K hasn't endorsed him in the NBA. Even Plumlee hated him and Plumlee is basically Lenny from Of Mice and Men."

So there that is :/
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Not sure about Waiters, an inefficient college backup! Please stay away from Rivers, and Barnes... they're inefficient as well.

The only person I'm looking forward to is Lillard... or Drummond... yes, Drummond. He can play backup/backup at the 4 and 5. He's only 18 and has the most upside in the draft. He was projected to be number 1 last year. If he falls, they have no choice but to draft him. He wont be ready for 3 years so they can send him to Europe. Lillards 23, imagine Drummond in 4/5 years.

Comment

• What? You can't just send players to Europe all willy nilly.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Heh ... willy nilly.

But no, you cannot. You can, however, send them to the D League if necessary.

Comment

• can't believe the "willy nilly" came out. I know, he's a first rounder, and no agent would agree to that. I just meant you could put him on ice for a few years to develop... and no, I didn't mean to actually put him on ice.

Comment

• Lillard Works Out For Raptors On Tuesday

Raps apparently had him in again... love it!

link

Crossing fingers and hoping this guy falls into our laps.
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

• Waiters, Lillard, Barnes.

We have a very high chance of landing one, except if Drummond falls to #8.

It still would not be the worst case scenario because he is at the very least an agile & athletic 7 footer. I'm sure that more than a few teams picking behind will have serious interest in the kid, which could land us assets in return.

I'm thinking Drummond, because of the freakishly athletic enigma that he is, would draw more interest than say, Lillard, Waiters or Barnes, especially being a centre prospect.

Whatever happens, landing one of Waiters, Lillard, Barnes or Drummond will serve the Raptors well, with the earlier 3 prospects being welcomed in Toronto. (at least in my eyes)
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Sounds like its time for a good old fashioned poll. Lillard vs. Waiters head to head. Who do you take?

Comment

• I think Nash is going to be here and be the starter for the next 3 years. So if you think Waiters can help immediately, you take him. But if you can see Lillard as the PG of the future (with Nash, you'd still have a couple of years to find him), maybe you take him.

I say Waiters. I really like Lillard, and would take him if TO is sticking with Calderon, but I think they're into win-now (or win-sooner, at least) mode if they bring in Nash, so Waiters is the guy.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• speedbag wrote: View Post
                      can't believe the "willy nilly" came out. I know, he's a first rounder, and no agent would agree to that. I just meant you could put him on ice for a few years to develop... and no, I didn't mean to actually put him on ice.
                      Put him "on ice" where? The D-League? That's 5 mil a year to stash away from your own coaches and trainers and hope he gets it while traveling from bus to bus with 30 year old journeymen in South Dakota

But I should say if he's available and Lillard is gone (and Barnes and MKG) then take him, swing for the fences, he's the only guy in Tier 2 that would be available.
                      Last edited by Letter N; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Wolstat says he heard from a dude that's "definitely in the know" that the raps aren't drafting Drummond of he falls to them
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Sounds like its time for a good old fashioned poll. Lillard vs. Waiters head to head. Who do you take?
                          lilard. i think he is the better player of the two. unlike jimmie i think lilard behind nash would be a great combination because it would allow the team to hopefully give nash more minutes of rest with a capable back up. i think that bayless would also be a good back up to nash but lilard is cheaper and will remain so for longer.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            My one friend is a huge Duke fan and come march madness time is absolutely insufferable in his homerism. He actually gets angry when various Duke players aren't drafted higher since he feels Duke makes the best NBA players.

Anyways, what I'm getting to is he just texted me asking if it was true we were going to draft Rivers (regarding the promise rumour) and I figured he was going to gloat but then he sent:

"Stay the fuck away from Rivers, dude is a cancer. There's a reason coach K hasn't endorsed him in the NBA. Even Plumlee hated him and Plumlee is basically Lenny from Of Mice and Men."

So, who should the Raptors believe, your friend the Duke fan, or others?

Chris Broussard, on Twitter:

Austin Rivers & Coach K still speak twice a week. K is very fond of him. Don't mistake on-court swagger for a problem.
                            Ignore talk of Austin Rivers having attitude problem. A top NBA coach said his interview with Rivers in Chicago was 1 of best he's ever had

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              lilard. i think he is the better player of the two. unlike jimmie i think lilard behind nash would be a great combination because it would allow the team to hopefully give nash more minutes of rest with a capable back up. i think that bayless would also be a good back up to nash but lilard is cheaper and will remain so for longer.
                              I really like Lillard, too, and wouldn't be upset if that's who they get. I just think that signing Nash would indicate that they're looking at playoffs and more in the shorter term, so developing a future PG might not be a priority -- for this draft. I think Waiters fills a need right now.

I don't think they can go wrong either way.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                My one friend is a huge Duke fan and come march madness time is absolutely insufferable in his homerism. He actually gets angry when various Duke players aren't drafted higher since he feels Duke makes the best NBA players.

no offense to your buddy but he sounds like an idiot much like most of my friends who think sullinger would go top 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X