Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message to Raptors Nation!

Dear Brothers and Sisters and Comrades

As we move now from a CB4 era into uncharted waters, let us always remember our place inside the American Sporting Universe. Never has a team or a fan base been so abandoned by the forces of a select group of pricely, pampered princesses. But fear not, for the daybreak will come and the sun shall shine once more in T.O. and the whole of Canadian and American Sport (yes i' m talking to you Cavs).
    I have a simple message, UNITE NOW or BE TORNED APART AGAIN LATER. I am a big Liverpool FC supporter, have been for 10 years (since the 13th birthday when i saw Liverpool beat Man United). We (Reds Fans) are and have been united through heartache and pain. We have lost players, suffered through American business interests, we have seen our friends and family KILLED (seriously look up Liverpool FC riot, if you don't believe me). Yet have our culture and our pride in place. Liverpool lives, and the Raps will live too.
    I say, now we have to unite and put up a united front. Now with a new era in TO RAPS history, we can create a new culture for supporters and stand together against teams on the court. The best way is to have a way of life in Rap land. This website, is a great example of that. i think other ways is to have things like chants, anthems, songs etc at games. As a Liverpool Supporter my go-to song in hard times is "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Liverpool fans sing this every game, before/after games, at rallies and so on)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_cr...os=BtSRovTbMeE. This should give you an idea of the passion I speak of (before you ask, No I'm not in this video). When was the last time you heard the ACC in one single focus?

PASSION, TORONTO PASSION, RAPS PASSION,

If i had a choice of hymns of songs for an unoffical/offical anthem they may include:
    - Forever Young (Bob Dylan) = Great Song, Great and easy to sing
    - Wavin' Flag (K'naan) = Canadian Song at Vancouver Games
    - You'll Never Walk Alone = Get me (us) through some terrible moments
    - Alive (Pearl Jam) = Great Chours
    - Born in The USA (Bruce Springsteen) = LOL kidding, but that feeling
    Please add more (Please no Queen)

All of this is an attempt to instill a passion in Rap Fans that has been missing. Real Passion. This will take time I know, and I know how lackluster North American Sport Fans are. But here we can show Pride and Honour and Commitment.

I hope to have a movement going by the start of this season, and many seasons to come

Please Comment and post new ideas for anthems or chants or hymns

Peace and Love Comrades

PS. To anyone to works at this website and views these forums, sorry if this is a little long, but it needs to be said.
    Last edited by canadiandude2012; Fri Jul 9, 2010, 02:19 AM.
    When you walk through a storm, Keep your head up high, And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of the storm, Is a golden sky, And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, Walk on
    With hope in your heart
    AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

So, for some reason liverpool has a random pop song as its anthem for a random reason, (look it up when you're not on the bandwagon of a team on another continent) and now we should all sing wavin flag for the eight millionth time. You know why it doesn't work here but does in liverpool? uncontrollable drunkenness, which is where traditions like this come from. Not to mention the game-ops crew who are on a mission to eliminate spontaneity and keep us entertained with worse ideas than this one.

Comment

Now I'm not sure this is the case for all Euroleague teams but the atmosphere from this clip is mind blowing to say the least, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAPggIvK2I. The closest thing we have to this is Toronto FC, one of the best stadiums in the MLS in terms of atmosphere. Just imagine something like that happening in the ACC!

Comment

I wouldn't count on any chants, songs or anthems at the ACC... the suits are too busy shoving sushi in their mouths to sing.

Comment

canadiandude2012 wrote: View Post
          Dear Brothers and Sisters and Comrades

As we move now from a CB4 era into uncharted waters, let us always remember our place inside the American Sporting Universe. Never has a team or a fan base been so abandoned by the forces of a select group of pricely, pampered princesses. But fear not, for the daybreak will come and the sun shall shine once more in T.O. and the whole of Canadian and American Sport (yes i' m talking to you Cavs).
          I have a simple message, UNITE NOW or BE TORNED APART AGAIN LATER. I am a big Liverpool FC supporter, have been for 10 years (since the 13th birthday when i saw Liverpool beat Man United). We (Reds Fans) are and have been united through heartache and pain. We have lost players, suffered through American business interests, we have seen our friends and family KILLED (seriously look up Liverpool FC riot, if you don't believe me). Yet have our culture and our pride in place. Liverpool lives, and the Raps will live too.
          I say, now we have to unite and put up a united front. Now with a new era in TO RAPS history, we can create a new culture for supporters and stand together against teams on the court. The best way is to have a way of life in Rap land. This website, is a great example of that. i think other ways is to have things like chants, anthems, songs etc at games. As a Liverpool Supporter my go-to song in hard times is "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Liverpool fans sing this every game, before/after games, at rallies and so on)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_cr...os=BtSRovTbMeE. This should give you an idea of the passion I speak of (before you ask, No I'm not in this video). When was the last time you heard the ACC in one single focus?

PASSION, TORONTO PASSION, RAPS PASSION,

If i had a choice of hymns of songs for an unoffical/offical anthem they may include:
          - Forever Young (Bob Dylan) = Great Song, Great and easy to sing
          - Wavin' Flag (K'naan) = Canadian Song at Vancouver Games
          - You'll Never Walk Alone = Get me (us) through some terrible moments
          - Alive (Pearl Jam) = Great Chours
          - Born in The USA (Bruce Springsteen) = LOL kidding, but that feeling
          Please add more (Please no Queen)

All of this is an attempt to instill a passion in Rap Fans that has been missing. Real Passion. This will take time I know, and I know how lackluster North American Sport Fans are. But here we can show Pride and Honour and Commitment.

I hope to have a movement going by the start of this season, and many seasons to come

Please Comment and post new ideas for anthems or chants or hymns

Peace and Love Comrades

PS. To anyone to works at this website and views these forums, sorry if this is a little long, but it needs to be said.

Bro....great post. Lost in the new era of money hungry and self centered players who like flash and money are the fans. The passionate fans who MADE players become icons. WE make players become Icons, franchise faces. I've been saying for a while now that those 3 players on one team means NOTHING if they don't make the playoffs or win a title. What does that say about other teams and other players in the league? Are they now less valuable because you're not Miami? Confidence is key. Fans are key. We need to SUPPORT our future Raptors because we give the team confidence. Cheer like madmen at the games for the Raptors. Show the league what LOYALTY & PASSION means. Bosh is the past. It's about NOW and our FUTURE. We all need to be positive because the team needs that from us. Remember...the season has not started yet..so Miami is NOT the best team yet. Raps All Day!!!!!
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Right on this is how every Raps fan should think. Support our team no matter what! Its more about enjoying the product in motion, rather then the end product anyways. I think our song should be- Oh Canada by Classified.

Comment

long time running-the tragically hip

canadian band, good song

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QLthuvkFpQ
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Time for some power anthems

"I Want It All" by Queen
                  "You Got Another Thing Coming" By Judas Priest
                  "T.N.T." By ACDC

Comment

Agreed. It should be Canadian, Here is one for the win
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZAk...eature=related

Great, Meaningful etc. Up to like 2:30 (until the break)

thoughts?
                    When you walk through a storm, Keep your head up high, And don't be afraid of the dark.

Walk on, Walk on
                    With hope in your heart

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post
                      So, for some reason liverpool has a random pop song as its anthem for a random reason, (look it up when you're not on the bandwagon of a team on another continent) and now we should all sing wavin flag for the eight millionth time. You know why it doesn't work here but does in liverpool? uncontrollable drunkenness, which is where traditions like this come from. Not to mention the game-ops crew who are on a mission to eliminate spontaneity and keep us entertained with worse ideas than this one.
                      I'm well aware of the history of You'll Never Walk Alone. And most fans in the Kop aren't drinking to excess. Besides, think of how a team would Sh*t themselves if they heard 18,000 fans singing before a game and at halftime. We would have the loudest arena in the NBA, and a true 6th man. Not to mention the Euro players on the team (I think there are hundreds of them now) would be comfortable with it, because they grew up with it.

Walk on, Walk on
                      With hope in your heart

Comment

I'd be extremely down to see this happen next year. think about it we can be the pioneers for this in the nba.
                        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

great idea that i'd like to see catch on... but i doubt it would..

people are more interested in playing with their blackberries while the crappy ass 4 Korners crew plays the latest Black Eyed Peas songs

Comment

If College Football Teams in America can do it, why can't we?

Walk on, Walk on
                            With hope in your heart

Comment

I love this idea!

IU know you said no Queen songs, but my football team and fans used to do the "we will rock you" beat walking into stadiums and it was amazing. It's overdone, but easy to sing and makes lots of noise, and pumps people up!

Something up beat would be nice.... Love Neil and The Hip, but you need something catchy that's not wordy

Comment

Working...
                              X