Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Agreed.

As for the culture shock, if Kleiza isn't amnestied, I'm sure he'll help bridge the gap.
    Good point. That gives BC a legit reason to hold on to him

Comment

• Just to rain on the parade a little...

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony - Twitter
      NBA GMs voting Valanciunas the best international player not in the NBA isn't a great sign for the state of NBA international scouting.
      I guess we're to assume the GMs mean best NBA PROSPECT not in the NBA. AK47 is still 10x better than JV.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        I guess we're to assume the GMs mean best NBA PROSPECT not in the NBA. AK47 is still 10x better than JV.
        But Kirilenko was 3rd in voting for that question. So they're probably not limiting the conversation to prospects alone.

Comment

But Kirilenko was 3rd in voting for that question. So they're probably not limiting the conversation to prospects alone.
          Yeah. what I mean is I think a lot of the GMs didn't read this question the same way. I would like to believe that any GM would say that Kirilenko RIGHT NOW is a better player than JV.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Agreed.

As for the culture shock, if Kleiza isn't amnestied, I'm sure he'll help bridge the gap.
            That is what I thought about with Okur and Kanter. Clearly the Jazz thought differently. Maybe the 1-2 years that Kanter was already in the US made Okur expendable with little need of culture adjustment?

Comment

• maybe there was something to that ESPN rumor and Rytas wouldn't let him out of the deal

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I didn't interpret it that way initially but listening to it again I could see that.

It sucks that we can't hear the question being asked thereby getting the full context.

I initially interpreted it as he has had a bunch of nagging injuries and cold/flu/sickness so he plays well for a stretch, then gets set back by the other things. So the idea of consistent effort was a result of external factors, not JV himself. I hope I am not wrong.

Maybe irgigi can offer insight?
                I understand it as he could not have enough training because of not being always healthy. Other than that, i only hear him working a lot.

Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
                maybe there was something to that ESPN rumor and Rytas wouldn't let him out of the deal
                I don't think that would be a reason. JV was asked a lot of times about moving to NBA as long as lockout finished. And he told he is not thinking about NBA, he's having season in Rytas and there is a lot of job to do here. I think he understands another season outside is not a bad thing to him at that age.
                He has mentioned as well, he is following Raptors performance (i remember someone in RR being curious about it).

Comment

• irgigi wrote: View Post
                  I understand it as he could not have enough training because of not being always healthy. Other than that, i only hear him working a lot.

I don't think that would be a reason. JV was asked a lot of times about moving to NBA as long as lockout finished. And he told he is not thinking about NBA, he's having season in Rytas and there is a lot of job to do here. I think he understands another season outside is not a bad thing to him at that age.
                  He has mentioned as well, he is following Raptors performance (i remember someone in RR being curious about it).

Thanks, irgig.

I always appreciate your insights from Lithuania.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Omg soo much potential!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9c0pBH5dM

JONAS! JONAS! JONAS!
                    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      That is what I thought about with Okur and Kanter. Clearly the Jazz thought differently. Maybe the 1-2 years that Kanter was already in the US made Okur expendable with little need of culture adjustment?
                      Kanter can speak English though.

Comment

• huskies2raps wrote: View Post
                        lol i love this song. This should go platinum

Comment

• huskies2raps wrote: View Post
                          LOL, they should have worked in some real game film instead of that sorry pickup game on an eight foot hoop.

Comment

• 9 pts, 10 boards (6 def), 2 blks, 1 stl, 3 to, 3/4 ft, 3/5 fg, 20:20 min in the 73-80 loss to Nymburk today

Comment

• Jv is deandre jordan with more offense

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Did anyone listen to this interview? Not sure if I understood it right but it doesn't sound like he was speaking that well of JV's work ethic (from the 5:45 point on). Anyone else?
                                Here is a bit from an article on HoopsWorld.com with BC discussing JV. I read this when it originally was put out there but didn't connect your comment/concern with the article until re-reading it today:

BC:
                                I think early on he suffered a minor setback with a calf injury but, it just limited some of his playing time, but we’ve very excited obviously about what his potential is and about where he is as a player and where he’s coming. I think he was a little burned out just from the repeated competition, the back-to-back world championship under nineteen, to the Euro championship and it was something that he had to recover from, emotionally and physically, but I think he is a very bright spot on our future horizon.

Source: HoopsWorld.com
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jan 23, 2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X