Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

One GM told FOX Sports Ohio there is also strong league-wide interest in Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan -- but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan’s current employer to take the plunge.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...99&feedID=8888

awwwwww, what do all these NBA coaches and GMs know? He's nothing but an overpaid, inefficient chucker that can't do anything else. Don't they pay attention to the expertise available at RR?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      awwwwww, what do all these NBA coaches and GMs know? He's nothing but an overpaid, inefficient chucker that can't do anything else. Don't they pay attention to the expertise available at RR?
      "but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan's current employer to take the plunge" is NBA Writer for "they're making lowball offers nobody in their right mind would take."

Comment

Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
          We get it. You don't like Derozan anymore. You've written the exact same comment about a hundred times on every single Derozan related thread in the last 48 hours.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
            "but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan's current employer to take the plunge" is NBA Writer for "they're making lowball offers nobody in their right mind would take."
            Nothing of the kind is being said, but thanks for sharing your simplistic imagination. Here's the thing: low ball or not, league wide interest in a guy who according to many here is overpaid for 4 years to come. You think many GMs are interested in committing $38M just so they can say they "won" with a low ball offer? Or is it more likely they think he's worth the $$$?

Comment

Totally probably not true! I think there might be a long, storied list of SGs who couldn't hit threes, but were important pieces of perennial contending teams! I'm not going to look into it but I'm going to assume that it happens regularly!
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Xixak's sarcasm is being laid on so thick, that people are actually confused as to whether he's a DeRozan fan or not....

Comment

One GM told FOX Sports Ohio there is also strong league-wide interest in Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan -- but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan’s current employer to take the plunge.
                  Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    +1,000,000
                    Watch all the analytics guys lose their mind
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

We used to hear that same thing about Bargnani too, for what that's worth. Until an actual offer is leaked to properly assess interest and value, this is a whole lot of nothing.

At the very least, it does certainly seem that MU is doing his due-diligence with regards to his "wait and see" assessment of his roster, both in terms of on-court performance and as potential trade bait.

Comment

Ross is not ready for prime time yet. Trust MU will know if and when to trade DD .

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.
                          Probably not. Masai is not of the same mould regarding dealing with the media as BC.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            We used to hear that same thing about Bargnani too, for what that's worth. Until an actual offer is leaked to properly assess interest and value, this is a whole lot of nothing.

At the very least, it does certainly seem that MU is doing his due-diligence with regards to his "wait and see" assessment of his roster, both in terms of on-court performance and as potential trade bait.
                            Not entirely true. For the most part, the only person dangling that information about Bargnani was Colangelo (or BC through another person in teh organization leaking it). I can't for the life of me remember a piece of news from outside the Raptors media sphere that said something like "lots of league-wide interest in Bargnani". It was always BC saying something obviously pathetic like "there is a market for him and we have had offers". Essentially trying desperately to drive up his value.

Now, I don't know who the source of this article is, but I can't imagine that if Ujiri wanted to leak something, he'd choose Fox Sports Ohio. It would either be with the Toronto media, or a bigger name south of the border like Stein or Woj.

Comment

The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....

Comment

Working...
                              X