No announcement yet.

Lowry to the Knicks again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a really big fan going into the 2009 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      I'm just saying any trades going forward shouldn't be with a view to make or get further in the playoffs
      Agreed. As a matter of fact, any trades shouldn't involve giving up picks to bolster roster for playoffs. Perfectly content with as is OR an offer that MU CANNOT RESIST (ie. DD or Lowry - with an eye towards the future).
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• i dont know enough about Teague. anyone catch a lot of Hawks games? he certainly has a favorable contract for a starting pg
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          i dont know enough about Teague. anyone catch a lot of Hawks games? he certainly has a favorable contract for a starting pg
          He's been having a bad year so far especially from deep, so if we do trade for Teague, our 3 point shooting will go down...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            @MySportsLegion: Knicks, Raptors and Hawks have discussed a three team trade that would send Kyle Lowry to NY, Jeff Teague to TOR and Iman Shumpert to ATL.
            Due to the source, I passed over this on my original pass through this discussion. I then decided that I would search through Twitter to see if I could figure out where this rumour started, or if it at least had a credible source at one point in the process. Turns out, ESPN NY has an article about this very proposal:

Recent reports have stated the Raptors are no longer willing to deal Lowry, content to see how the rest of the season plays out. Lowry has been one of Toronto's best players, and dealing him would send a bad message to the fan base.

One scenario to keep an eye on, though, is the possibility of a three-team deal involving the Hawks and point guard Jeff Teague. Atlanta has all of its first-round picks in the next four drafts and could conceivably send one to Toronto to satisfy the Raptors' demand for a draft pick.

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary.
            How would people feel about turning an expiring Lowry into Teague, and Atlanta's 2014 First? I would be pleased with a 2014 first, but can't help thinking that New York would need to bleed more to Atlanta than just Shumpert, and could need to add something for us as well. Lowry shouldn't come that cheap to them!

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...pursuing-lowry
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I really don't want Felton - as a player or his contract.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                @MySportsLegion: Knicks, Raptors and Hawks have discussed a three team trade that would send Kyle Lowry to NY, Jeff Teague to TOR and Iman Shumpert to ATL.
                This sounds like a total Knicks rumor. They are turning Shump into Lowry?? While we downgrade at the point?

Don't think it makes us better long term either, which is what Ujiri has his focus on.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  This sounds like a total Knicks rumor. They are turning Shump into Lowry?? While we downgrade at the point?

Don't think it makes us better long term either, which is what Ujiri has his focus on.
                  gotta be picks involved.. may be two.. one for taking on that contract and another for loosing lowry and the 3rd seed..

Comment

• Saw an article that was titled "The One 2014 Deadline Move Each NBA Team's Fanbase Most Wants to See Made"

The one for Toronto said:

"Receive Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Raymond Felton, Toure Murry and a 2018 1st-Round Pick from the New York Knicks for Kyle Lowry and Dwight Buycks"

Any thoughts on that?
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      Saw an article that was titled "The One 2014 Deadline Move Each NBA Team's Fanbase Most Wants to See Made"

"Receive Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Raymond Felton, Toure Murry and a 2018 1st-Round Pick from the New York Knicks for Kyle Lowry and Dwight Buycks"

Any thoughts on that?
                      Was it bleacher report?

Comment

• Thing with bleacher report is you have to look at who actually wrote it now
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          Saw an article that was titled "The One 2014 Deadline Move Each NBA Team's Fanbase Most Wants to See Made"

Any thoughts on that?
                          Throw in Landry fields and it ain't bad at all

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                            Throw in Landry fields and it ain't bad at all

No way the Knicks would take that contract though...

Of course, they are the Knicks
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Personally I don't want to give up on Hardaway Jr. He is going to be a star in this league, and he can be an explosive 6th man for our team. If we don't go for a PF, then I think having a bench of Vasquez, Hardaway Jr, Salmons, Amir (keep Patterson in the starting lineup) and Hayes is solid. We are still deep at the forward/C spots with Hansborough, Novak, Amir, Patterson, JV, and Hayes.

Teague sounds promising, with him being a talented player on a feasible contract. He's been struggling this year, but you know what you are getting with Teague; a talented, young, explosive player with plenty of upside. Our Toronto Kings were struggling before they came to T.O., and with the mentality this team has right now, I don't see why Teague can't do the same.

By getting teague we can then focus on drafting a PF/C or SF/ focus on picking up one in free agency.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                                Personally I don't want to give up on Hardaway Jr. He is going to be a star in this league, and he can be an explosive 6th man for our team. If we don't go for a PF, then I think having a bench of Vasquez, Hardaway Jr, Salmons, Amir (keep Patterson in the starting lineup) and Hayes is solid. We are still deep at the forward/C spots with Hansborough, Novak, Amir, Patterson, JV, and Hayes.

Teague sounds promising, with him being a talented player on a feasible contract. He's been struggling this year, but you know what you are getting with Teague; a talented, young, explosive player with plenty of upside. Our Toronto Kings were struggling before they came to T.O., and with the mentality this team has right now, I don't see why Teague can't do the same.

By getting teague we can then focus on drafting a PF/C or SF/ focus on picking up one in free agency.
                                Chemistry. With 30 games to go. That would be a huge hit to a team that's striving.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X