Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very happy to see no sight of Early.

Comment

• Does anyone know where Inglis is projected to go? Could we get him with 37?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Can KA become a Boris Diaw?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          Does anyone know where Inglis is projected to go? Could we get him with 37?
          Draftexpress has him at 39 right now. NBADraft.net has him undrafted, somehow. No idea where he is on Ford's insider board. He might well be available at 37. I pray he is.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Big Board 11.0: Players in for Workouts

26K.J. McDanielsCOLLEGE: ClemsonHT: 6-6WT: 195POS: SF
            2013-14 STATSPPG 17.1RPG 7.1APG 1.6
            McDaniels still is a sleeper in the eyes of many scouts, but he's been unable to generate any buzz early in the workout process -- including a fairly uninspired workout in front of a host of NBA folks in Southern California a little over a week ago. McDaniels is a great athlete, but teams want to see him shoot the ball better. He has a similar draft range to Grant -- Nos. 16 to 27.
            28Kyle AndersonCOLLEGE: UCLAHT: 6-9WT: 230POS: PF
            2013-14 STATSPPG 14.6RPG 8.8BPG .8
            Anderson's workout in Santa Monica a little over a week ago was just so-so. You can see the skilled part of his game, but running around out there with the likes of Parker and Grant didn't really do him any favors. He remains an acquired taste. I think he starts at No. 17 to the Celtics and could slide out of the first round.
            I was a very big fan of "Slow MO" but his 13.4 Body Fat percentage scared me off. With a summer with Alex McK tht should be brought down to just single digits and with that should help turn him into a better athlete. Combine that with his length and BBall IQ she should turn himself into a defender at worse. That's what really scared me the D. If Hedo was able to have successfully 5 years stretch. I don't see why Kyle Anderson who has great intangibles and has been extremely well coached through his basketball career. Can't see him not being successful at this level as well. Where do I sign?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Big Board 11.0: Players in for Workouts

I was a very big fan of "Slow MO" but his 13.4 Body Fat percentage scared me off. With a summer with Alex McK tht should be brought down to just single digits and with that should help turn him into a better athlete. Combine that with his length and BBall IQ she should turn himself into a defender at worse. That's what really scared me the D. If Hedo was able to have successfully 5 years stretch. I don't see why Kyle Anderson who has great intangibles and has been extremely well coached through his basketball career. Can't see him not being successful at this level as well. Where do I sign?
              He's an interesting prospect but a lack of athletecism in one of the positions which requires the most athletecism is a big negative. How many years was Hedo in the league before he had a successful run in Orlando where the system fit him perfectly? I mean Hedo was around in the days of Chris Webbers Sacramento Kings.

Comment

• Deandre Kane is from the "Moe Howard" school of defence:

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Zero. Jason Kidd in his prime was one of the fastest players with the ball in the open floor and could change directions quicker than anyone. Was also elite on the defensive end. Kyle Anderson is capable of neither of these things (at least not at PG).

I'd compare him more to Diaw or maybe Odom.
                  Really? I've never associated J. Kidd with speed and athletecism, but more with being a great floor general, and high basketball IQ. Those are the aspects I'm curious if Kyle Anderson posseses.

Lamar Odom might be a fair comparison because he could handle a bit of the point forward duties earlier in his career, but I don't know about Diaw. I guess I'm asking if Anderson can be a legit point forward in this league and have any success there.

Comment

• “That’s the main reason why we are taking a look at them,” Tolzman said. “Coach Casey was here and he absolutely has some input on the type of guy that we look to bring in. That’s why Melvin and Khem are both on our board because they are defense-first type players and anything they can give us in addition to that would be icing on the cake. Because of the style of Coach Casey, we kind of gravitate towards players that fit into that naturally and Melvin is a powerful defender on the wing and that goes a long way in the NBA.”

I would be shocked if the Raps draft Anderson because he is a terrible defender.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      He's an interesting prospect but a lack of athletecism in one of the positions which requires the most athletecism is a big negative. How many years was Hedo in the league before he had a successful run in Orlando where the system fit him perfectly? I mean Hedo was around in the days of Chris Webbers Sacramento Kings.
                      Also, the fact that Hedo failed steroid tests twice (both times while with Orlando) probably explains how he found said "system."

Orlando Magic: The only team in the NBA to have 2 players fail wellness exams due to steroid use...

Becoming more athletic isn't as simple as losing body fat and gaining muscle. That may increase overall health, and add stamina, but it won't necessarily make a person more explosive, or faster. Personally, I don't see how "slow-mo" fits the Raptors system at all.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        “That’s the main reason why we are taking a look at them,” Tolzman said. “Coach Casey was here and he absolutely has some input on the type of guy that we look to bring in. That’s why Melvin and Khem are both on our board because they are defense-first type players and anything they can give us in addition to that would be icing on the cake. Because of the style of Coach Casey, we kind of gravitate towards players that fit into that naturally and Melvin is a powerful defender on the wing and that goes a long way in the NBA.”

I would be shocked if the Raps draft Anderson because he is a terrible defender.
                        Who are Melvin and Khem? Full names?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Who are Melvin and Khem? Full names?
                          Melvin Ejim and Khem Birch.

Comment

• I really, really want us to avoid Anderson at all costs. Seems like a nice guy, but the disaster curve there is just too sharp.

Comment

• I don't think that is Toronto.

Comment

• Pretty interesting, I notice that they have Anderson listed as a guard on the Raps site:
                                http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...kouts-june-5th

That's the first that I've seen him listed as a guard during the post-NCAA season period.

Comment

Working...
                                X