This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    An interesting question on the unrestricted part and trades. If I'm over the cap, sign a free agent to an one year deal and trade him next in a deal for other players I'll assume I'm trading the contract, meaning he remains unrestricted after the season. Same goes for incoming players; they'll come with the contract they have including, when on one year deals, restricted or unrestricted.
    You can trade players signed over cap but you need to remember that you won't be able to re-sign your own players while over cap and you won't be able to extend a player(if we bring that in) while over cap. You also won't be able to sign your draft picks in the off-season if you're still over cap. Basically the penalty for going over cap is that you are then strictly limited to what's on the wire from there on out until you drop below cap again.

For the other team, they have no right to re-sign that player as is so he's still a rental even if that team is below cap.

But now assume the teammanager I traded him too wants to sign him to a longer deal (is under the cap and has enough FA money left to win a bid), can he drop the player and resign him to a new deal which, because he's under the cap, would either be a longer deal or make him restricted after the season? This is probably (only) limited by the rule that you can't pick up a guy on waivers when you dropped him yourself?
    I don't see a problem with it if he wants to blow his budget doing it. It would beg to question why he would do that when he could have probably just won a bid for him prior to the trade.

Btw, Apollo, did you see that we have a match up in the first week in both the keeper and dynasty league? You'd better get a head start and buy a bag of tissues to get you through that week.
    I'm shaking in my fantasy booties.

Comment

As per the cap submissions: If I am weary on assigning a player(ie Rashard Lewis) to even a one year deal, what happens to him on Friday? Does he become a UFA, and I pick up another player to fill out my roster?

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm doing with Camby. There is no rule stating that you have to sign a draft pick.

Comment

@Kadazzle: your cap total isn't 40 but 36.

Comment

@LilRomeo: you forgot giving Carlos Delfino a contract; for now I have him at 1 year (I'm preparing the spreadsheet), briging your total for 14 players up to 40; I, think, but am not sure this is within the rules for your initial roster, Apollo or Joey might be able to comment on that.
            joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            As I understand it, you need space to sign someone to fill that 15th spot.
            Romeo will need to adjust his numbers accordingly.
            LilRomeo wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure you can do that until Friday. But for now, I just included Delfino on my spreadsheet at 1 year and that makes my overall team at 40. Thanks for reminding.
            @LilRomeo: according to the above post by Commish Joey you still need to make an adjustment today or tomorrow.

Comment

@LilRomeo: according to the above post by Commish Joey you still need to make an adjustment today or tomorrow.
              I was since corrected by Apollo. Haha
              Apparently Romeo can sign guys to the exception 1-year deals; and simply not be able to re-sign them if they happen to blow up.

Comment

Ok, that means only WJF, koncept and me still have to post their contracts. If anyone decides to make any changes, please don't just change it, but post a new comment here or in the groupthread that you changed it; else I might miss it.

Comment

Cap submission deadline

Looks like everyone is in besides WJF. I've sent him an email and a PM reminding him...

Comment

Free Agency Period: October 16th

Your teams will be unlocked some time on Saturday. Then free agency opens on Tuesday. Bidding will be for the one day. There after bidding only takes place on players on waivers(those dropped by other teams).

Comment

Did we make a decision on if we could give a player on our own team an extension? If so what are the rules surrounding that?

Comment

I followed the link and my cap is in.....we should be good to go!
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ok, that means only WJF, koncept and me still have to post their contracts. If anyone decides to make any changes, please don't just change it, but post a new comment here or in the groupthread that you changed it; else I might miss it.
                          Still trying to get a grasp on all that's happening on here lol I am changing Jrue Holiday from 3 to 4, and I am changing Brandon Roy from 1 to 2. That brings me to 39. Let me know if that's ok.

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                            Did we make a decision on if we could give a player on our own team an extension? If so what are the rules surrounding that?
                            No decision yet. It doesn't really become a factor until after the season.

Comment

How does the free agent bidding work?
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

You'll understand once the teams are unlocked and you try to sign someone to your squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X