GT Grizzlies vs Raptors: Rudy vs Memphis >:( DeMar vs Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Derozan and Gay were absolutely TERRIBLE.

Alan Anderson is proving me wrong about him, he's a solid guy. Landry Fields is going what I expect, he's playing with energy. And Terrence Ross proves me right, I'm not sold on him AT ALL.
    DeRozan is always a no show whenever he gets guarded by physical defender like Allen. I'm used to it now. The guy needs to toughen up plain and simple.

As for your Ross comment, what are you talking about? the guy BARELY played tonight.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      DeRozan is always a no show whenever he gets guarded by physical defender like Allen. I'm used to it now. The guy needs to toughen up plain and simple.

As for your Ross comment, what are you talking about? the guy BARELY played tonight.
      So? In such bare time, he forced his game/shots. He's trying to do to much to warrant playing time. All I would want from him if I was Casey is 3-point shooting - he's been pretty bad recently - and , defensively been getting blown by and makes some stupid decisions like reaching, and jumping on fakes. He's been cringe-worthy since Gay has arrived.

EDIT* I don't think Demar faded away from the physicality of the game. He got to the free throw line, looked to make something happen more often than not, and was very aggressive. But, he was being guarded by one of the best - if not THE best - perimeter defender in the league.
      Last edited by ReubenJRD; Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:36 AM.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Have you been watching the past 10 games? DeMar wasn't defended by nobodies, and Memphis is just that dam good defensively (2nd in the league) nobody could score tonight.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Eh, I'm starting to think packaging Ross w/ Bargnani to get Millsap would be awesome.
          It's still early for me to start thinking about trading Ross.. but who would have traded Ross instead of Davis to Memphis in that Gay deal? If that deal happened today I think I would rather see Ross go.

Comment

• What killed the Raps tonight? No post or inside presence.

This is why BC needs to go and trade for Boozer.

Clearly when the shots arent falling, you need to get to the inside to alleviate the pressure from your perimeter guys. A post player can also open the lane with double teams. If they had Boozer last night, it would have been cutter and curl galore. Gay Lowry and Demar couldnt penetrate because of two hulking big guys in the middle, but if they had Boozer to play back to the basket, one of those guys wouldve been occupied with Boozer and those three couldve gotten into the lane with ease. If it gets too crowded, kickout to either AA or JL3. Simple but effective basketball.

You cant blame Rudy or Demar. I'll give Rudy a pass because its his former team and facing them for the first time of course he'd want to do as much as he can to impress. Demar tried his darndest but Allen is just pesky and he kept running into 2 brick walls in the paint. On paper, it wouldve been logical to put Bargnani and make him camp out on the 3 point lane to make either Gasol or Zbo pop out, but their defensive rotation is just off the charts so they dont mind having the two bigs in the middle and let either Prince or Allen handle the perimeter.

Get Boozer.

Comment

• I don't know, I think the thing that killed them was a lack of ball movement and offensive flow. Don't know if having a post presence would've helped as the passing was abysmal all night. Casey needs to seriously re-organize our offense. I know Memphis is an amazing defensive team, but in general since the trade there is absolutely no method to the offense. Either they spend too much of the shot clock running movement off the ball just to get a jumper for someone, or they do an iso/pick'n'roll with the ballhandler with everyone standing around. This also means that other than the perimeter players, it's damn near impossible for the bigs to get involved now.

Comment

• What we saw tonight was the main reason Rudy Gay has never taken the next step as an elite player: he is unwilling or unable to be a facilitator. Memphis ran bodies at him and he simply wasn't able to, or was unwilling, to make good passes out of those pressure situations in traffic to open teammates. It's been a huge problem of his for years and is reflected, in part, in the low FG% because, rather than pass out of trouble, he ends up taking really tough shots.

Not sure it can be changed at this point in his career but it's something Casey has to think about if he is going to simply run the old isolation offence.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  What we saw tonight was the main reason Rudy Gay has never taken the next step as an elite player: he is unwilling or unable to be a facilitator. Memphis ran bodies at him and he simply wasn't able to, or was unwilling, to make good passes out of those pressure situations in traffic to open teammates. It's been a huge problem of his for years and is reflected, in part, in the low FG% because, rather than pass out of trouble, he ends up taking really tough shots.

Not sure it can be changed at this point in his career but it's something Casey has to think about if he is going to simply run the old isolation offence.
                  I agree with you to some extent.

However, he has shown some good court vision and the ability to make the pass. Even last night he had 3 assists.

The big issue last night, I think, is Rudy had a major case of "I'll show you muthaf*ckers." I hope it never becomes an issue again.

A low post threat last night would have been awesome for opening some lanes as well. *cough*BOOZER*cough*

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I agree with you to some extent.

However, he has shown some good court vision and the ability to make the pass. Even last night he had 3 assists.

The big issue last night, I think, is Rudy had a major case of "I'll show you muthaf*ckers." I hope it never becomes an issue again.

A low post threat last night would have been awesome for opening some lanes as well. *cough*BOOZER*cough*
                    Hey, i just said this. hahaha

yeah hopefully its out of his system now.

throw-in the fact that memphis plays stifling defense that the refs were able to hide the non-calls as good defense. some of the hits on Gay were obviously fouls.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I don't know, I think the thing that killed them was a lack of ball movement and offensive flow. Don't know if having a post presence would've helped as the passing was abysmal all night. Casey needs to seriously re-organize our offense. I know Memphis is an amazing defensive team, but in general since the trade there is absolutely no method to the offense. Either they spend too much of the shot clock running movement off the ball just to get a jumper for someone, or they do an iso/pick'n'roll with the ballhandler with everyone standing around. This also means that other than the perimeter players, it's damn near impossible for the bigs to get involved now.
                      i think the main reason why the bigs dont get involved is because the bigs dont play like your typical bigs. Amir has no post moves. JV is still a project and bargnani, well....

when the shots werent falling for memphis, who took over the game? Zbo. He kept bashing his way inside.

Comment

• Passed out after the first quarter, terrible game at least these two enjoyed being reuniting again.

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          What killed the Raps tonight? No post or inside presence.

This is why BC needs to go and trade for Boozer.

Clearly when the shots arent falling, you need to get to the inside to alleviate the pressure from your perimeter guys. A post player can also open the lane with double teams. If they had Boozer last night, it would have been cutter and curl galore. Gay Lowry and Demar couldnt penetrate because of two hulking big guys in the middle, but if they had Boozer to play back to the basket, one of those guys wouldve been occupied with Boozer and those three couldve gotten into the lane with ease. If it gets too crowded, kickout to either AA or JL3. Simple but effective basketball.

You cant blame Rudy or Demar. I'll give Rudy a pass because its his former team and facing them for the first time of course he'd want to do as much as he can to impress. Demar tried his darndest but Allen is just pesky and he kept running into 2 brick walls in the paint. On paper, it wouldve been logical to put Bargnani and make him camp out on the 3 point lane to make either Gasol or Zbo pop out, but their defensive rotation is just off the charts so they dont mind having the two bigs in the middle and let either Prince or Allen handle the perimeter.

Get Boozer.
                          +1. I'm with ya Glove.

Comment

• Tony Allen played pissed off and with a purpose. Whats troubling is that he said he figured out Demar's game in 15 minutes by watching film.
                            @RavNation

Comment

• YYZ wrote: View Post
                              Tony Allen played pissed off and with a purpose. Whats troubling is that he said he figured out Demar's game in 15 minutes by watching film.
                              That would be fifteen minutes of film, put together for him by their video team, which would be about 30 possessions.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                That would be fifteen minutes of film, put together for him by their video team, which would be about 30 possessions.
                                Some more than others. I've underwent a 15 minute film session before practice, and damn it was boring as hell watching 30+ possessions...

Comment

Working...
                                X