Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Knicks match whatever offer Houston makes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Knicks match whatever offer Houston makes?

I'm feel like I should argue about this topic in two prospective:

Business prospective: From a business prospective, I feel like the Knicks would be absolutely stupid to not match Houston's offers. Knicks make so much money off Lin that it's ridiculous and we all know how money makes the world go wrong. Anyways, the NBA is a business and business only cares about making maximum profit. They make money off the ticket sales at MSG. With people going to the MSG to watch a Knicks game, people will buy food and drinks from concession stands. There is also the Lin jersey and merchandises that are sold not only in North America but all over the world (especially in China and all over eastern Asia). That's millions of dollars in sales and profit.

Fans prospective: Here is where everyone comes in. Many fans have very mixed feelings about the large contract that Lin will get next year especially since he's only showed a couple weeks of brilliance. For me, I think that Knicks need to match Houston's offer. They don't have a strong enough PG for the future and Lin is the only good enough point guard on the Knicks for the future. I do however agree that he doesn't deserve that much money since he hasn't proven that much yet, but he's still young and he can still continue to grow as a point guard especially with the help of Jason Kidd. Also for some weird reason, I kinda want to watch the Rockets fail at getting Lin when they let go of both Dragic and Lowry. So thoughts?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

my friend is a knicks fan and he's beside himself that they haven't matched yet
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Did you tell him that teams can't start signing free agents till Wednesday? So as of right now, no real formal offers have been made.

Comment

They will match. It will be the worst decision on their part not to. I mean Jason Kidd running the point?

PS> I'm also in the minority of liking the Fields signing. I think they'll regret losing Fields especially in light of Shumpert's injury. I truly believe that LF will do just fine in TO. Oh, and the slight overpayment for his services is offset by Lowry's super reasonable salary. At the end of the day, we need to stop focusing on the money and see what the kid can do on the court.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Did you tell him that teams can't start signing free agents till Wednesday? So as of right now, no real formal offers have been made.
          i said he was a knicks fan right?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            I find it funny how all raptors fans have a couple of dumbass friends who cheer for stupid teams. Like my friend cheers for miami mostly cause his fav player is Lebron and another cheers for the Lakers.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              I find it funny how all raptors fans have a couple of dumbass friends who cheer for stupid teams. Like my friend cheers for miami mostly cause his fav player is Lebron and another cheers for the Lakers.
              I love so many friends that absolutely love the Lakers and Heat it's ridiculous. I feel kinda disgusted that I even have such friends :P

Comment

I'm a Raptors fan first and fore most, but I'm also a superstar team hater, e.g.. Knicks, Heat, Clippers and now Lakers.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I voted no, I don't think Lin will continue to perform at an NBA level and think the smart a basketball money says you only give people contracts they deserve.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    ...and think the smart basketball money says you only give people contracts they deserve.
                    Who the hell runs a team like that. Guys with "potential" would get away on you.

/Remove sarcasm cloaker/

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Who the hell runs a team like that. Guys with "potential" would get away on you.

/Remove sarcasm cloaker/
                      Fair enough, but I don't think Lin is a potential guy. I think it's pretty obvious that he's never going to be an above average point guard in the NBA. By the end of this season other teams will have scouted the shit out of him and nothing will be easy. I'll eat crow if I wrong, but Jeremy Lin is a back up point guard at best after this 3 year contract is up, (EDIT) if not before.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                      X