Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching the Raps game tonight in Ottawa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the Raps game tonight in Ottawa?

I'm in ottawa and I don't have cable. With the raps rebuilding I haven't made a lot of time to watch games. I've seen good chucks of a couple, but I don't think I've seen a WHOLE raps game in 2011 for whatever reason I'm jonesing real bad. I know tonights game versus the pistons will probably be brutal but i don't even give a care. I'm planning on watching so if anyone else is interested let me know! I'm working in Kanata today, and I live in the glebe but I have a car so I can make it pretty much anywhere. GO RAPS GO!!! (and by "GO RAPS GO" i mean play hard but lose in the end, because I don't want our 5 place or worse record to be jeopardized!)
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Damn dawg you ain't got cable? It's all good your not gonna be missing that much. I still enjoy watching the young guys on this team put in the effort every night. When I have time I usually watch the game at my place. If your looking for a good sports bar, try going to MacLarens on Elgin downtown. Its a really nice place, it has pool, huge tv's, and good food and drinks. If you can't make it out, and your stuck at home without cable. Try watching it online since you seem to have access to the internet..
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Live in Ottawa and work in Kanata, watch raps, no cable...pretty close to a description of me.

I've got a new baby, so I'm not getting out tonight....but it would be cool to meet up at a pub and watch a raps game from time to time with some Ottawa raps fans.

Anyone else out there?

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
        I've got a new baby, so I'm not getting out tonight....
        I hear babies LOVE bars!

I'd be nice if we could get a few people out a couple times a year and maybe pick a bar that works for most of us. It sucks taking a back seat to sens games everywhere, everytime. it's understandable but if we could get even 10 ppl out on a regular basis i'm sure we could find a bar that would even give us sound!

James Street Pub (Centretown) always will give me a tv for the raps, although depending on what else is going on it is usually a one that is out of the way
        Georgetown Pub (Old Ottawa South) this place is a shithole. HOWEVER last time i tried to watch a raps game had to go try 6 different bars before I found one that had sportsnet 1. Georgetown was that bar!!! After the old guy that was watching curling had too many pints they put on sound.
        Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Mar 16, 2011, 05:35 PM.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I've had good success at James Street...I was about to suggest it.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            Damn dawg you ain't got cable? It's all good your not gonna be missing that much. I still enjoy watching the young guys on this team put in the effort every night. When I have time I usually watch the game at my place. If your looking for a good sports bar, try going to MacLarens on Elgin downtown. Its a really nice place, it has pool, huge tv's, and good food and drinks. If you can't make it out, and your stuck at home without cable. Try watching it online since you seem to have access to the internet..
            thanks for the maclaren's tip, i know it's a good pool bar but i've never tried it for raps games, good to know!

Comment

MacLaren's is good for sports. I live in Gatineau and have watched the odd game at MacLaren's. Food is good too.

Comment

That would be fresh. I'd be willing to find a spot we can all meet up and watch the games every now and then. Maclarens is awesome, It also doesn't hurt that a good friend of mine owns that bar. So i can maybe pull a few strings lol. I've heard good things about the james street pub, i've just never been there. At least i dont remember lol. So yeah lets all add each other since were all from ottawa and work on it from there.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                  Live in Ottawa and work in Kanata, watch raps, no cable...pretty close to a description of me.

I've got a new baby, so I'm not getting out tonight....but it would be cool to meet up at a pub and watch a raps game from time to time with some Ottawa raps fans.

Anyone else out there?
                  *high five's Matt*

I too have a new baby Matt and haven't had time at all over these last couple months to catch up with my Raptors ball. I'm Ottawa native as well and perhaps next season we can get a couple fellas together for some pints and watch some Raptors basketball at a fine Ottawa establishment.

Comment

I read about some RR and TBJ Raps events in Toronto earlier this year and was kind of wishin I could have gone... I think setting up an Ottawa chapter of Raptors Republic is not a bad idea. Personally I live in the East end, and, not wishing to travel to f-ing Kanata, I think James St. or something downtown would be ideal. If this doesn't go down this year, then maybe we should make something happen next season.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                      I read about some RR and TBJ Raps events in Toronto earlier this year and was kind of wishin I could have gone... I think setting up an Ottawa chapter of Raptors Republic is not a bad idea. Personally I live in the East end, and, not wishing to travel to f-ing Kanata, I think James St. or something downtown would be ideal. If this doesn't go down this year, then maybe we should make something happen next season.
                      Yeah that would be sweet. We will have to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X