Jonas Valanciunas's Ceiling...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Based on his play off performance ( Turn Overs and disappearing from the game) , his ceiling is Gortat right now But who knows, maybe he will come in next season and will dominate against big guys in the league ...
    someone's mistaking ceiling with likely outcome.

a ceiling can only get lower with age.

if you think it's possible for JV to raise his ceiling (no matter how unlikely it is) then that raised ceiling is also his current one.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      someone's mistaking ceiling with likely outcome.

a ceiling can only get lower with age.

if you think it's possible for JV to raise his ceiling (no matter how unlikely it is) then that raised ceiling is also his current one.
      Lol Gortat killed it this year though...
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
        Lol Gortat killed it this year though...
        Contract years! Wooooooo!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Contract years! Wooooooo!
          Fear the contract year.

Washington could be in quite the pickle with big contracts given to Ariza and Gortat only to watch them slide back to career norms... like Webster last season.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Fear the contract year.

Washington could be in quite the pickle with big contracts given to Ariza and Gortat only to watch them slide back to career norms... like Webster last season.
            Then Durant won't go there as they have too much money tied into them to have filled the rest of their roster with a good supporting cast so he'll come here! Woooooo!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Fear the contract year.

It's funny how it seems most people here think that Lowry will continue his stellar play next season even though it was a contract year for him. I wonder if other message boards want to stay clear of him because of that reason like we do with players like Gortat. (Genuinely curious)

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                It's funny how it seems most people here think that Lowry will continue his stellar play next season even though it was a contract year for him. I wonder if other message boards want to stay clear of him because of that reason like we do with players like Gortat. (Genuinely curious)
                I fear Lowry too.

I fear any player that after numerous years in the league finally puts it all together after years of people saying, "this will be his year."

Ariza is one guy who has already done it. Salmons has been notorious for showing up in contract years too, only to disappear a season later.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  I think Lowry just grew up.

Also, he played just as well at the beginning of last year before he was injured as he did this past year.

I'm not worried that his level of play will dip.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Looking back on this thread I thought it would be interesting to bring it back going into JVs contract year

How much would you pay him?

and assuming we give a contract based on his 'potential' where do you see him stacking up in the next few years?

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
                      Looking back on this thread I thought it would be interesting to bring it back going into JVs contract year

How much would you pay him?

and assuming we give a contract based on his 'potential' where do you see him stacking up in the next few years?
                      He'll likely get a max or near max deal and I'm cool with that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        He'll likely get a max or near max deal and I'm cool with that.
                        Steinw as on TSN radio recently and said he expects Jv to get a little less than kanter

So basically a little under the max
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• It's almost a guarantee if JV hits the open market he's getting a max deal. So hopefully we can negotiate with him to sign for a little less than the max. But I don't think it'll happen
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Would be great to sign him to the Kanter deal now.

Comment

• Nah the warlord's gonna lock up JV with a fair deal. the selling point will be he gets to be in the room when MU fires Casey.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Nah the warlord's gonna lock up JV with a fair deal. the selling point will be he gets to be in the room when MU fires Casey.
                                It's not that big a deal, hopefully he signs his extension but even if he doesn't the Raptors can sign a free agent when his cap hold is low then sign him as an RFA. It'll cost more but it isn't my money and after his new deal it'll be hard to find cap space especially with Demar

Comment

Working...
                                X