Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Amir a top 15 power forward in the NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much agree with everything said on here. Amir is a solid starting PF, but I would love him as the #1 big off the bench getting around 30 mins a game.

Raps primary needs heading into the offseason are a low-post threat and an upgrade in 3pt shooting, IMO

Comment

apparently the Raps are interested in Carl Landry (realgm.com)

The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Carl Landry this offseason if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to a source.
      thoughts?

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
        apparently the Raps are interested in Carl Landry (realgm.com)

thoughts?
        Love his work ethic, but speaking in terms of offensive balance, I don't think he fills the hole we currently have in the front court (although his back-to-the-basket game is better than Amir, Jonas or Gray).

Comment

I would say Amir is the top backup big in the NBA
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            We should run our offense through amir johnson and make him the franchise player then retire his jersey and laugh at vince carter

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              I would say Amir is the top backup big in the NBA
              Hmmmmm. Maybe.

- Landry in GS.
              - Kanter/Favors in Utah.
              - Collison in OKC.

There are a couple more, but can't run off the top of my head. That definitely is a bold statement, but he is definitely right up there, or in the running for it, if not THE best backup big in the league.
              His production and improvement seems to justify it though.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                Is Amir a top 15 power forward in the NBA?
                No.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Amir is a warrior plain and simple. What I find really amazing is that he seems to have stepped his game up since Jose's departure though I don't have any stats to back that up. Amir is one of the players I would have thought would suffer the most with Jose gone.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Amir is a warrior plain and simple. What I find really amazing is that he seems to have stepped his game up since Jose's departure though I don't have any stats to back that up. Amir is one of the players I would have thought would suffer the most with Jose gone.
                    I think guys that suffer the most from Jose's departure are the ones that ran around trying to get open.. like a Terrence Ross. Amir's not getting the lobs he used to get from Jose but he's got other ways of getting his hands on the ball (ie: the ways that Bargnani is unfamiliar with).
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Perhaps another angle we can take is how much you'd be willing to pay Amir Johnson. For a guy making $6M per year, all is fine and dandy because you can ignore some of his shortcomings because he's such a bargain. However, if his agent thinks his client is a top 15 PF, then he'd demand a competitive salary. He'd be asking for around what Bargnani is earning, which is around $11M next year. That's nearly double of what Amir is making and not something I'd be willing to pay.

He seems like a good hustle player that you'd want to keep around, but the question is how much do you pay for a guy that based on this thread so far, you're not sure whether or not he should be a starter. $11M seems like too much.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Perhaps another angle we can take is how much you'd be willing to pay Amir Johnson. For a guy making $6M per year, all is fine and dandy because you can ignore some of his shortcomings because he's such a bargain. However, if his agent thinks his client is a top 15 PF, then he'd demand a competitive salary. He'd be asking for around what Bargnani is earning, which is around $11M next year. That's nearly double of what Amir is making and not something I'd be willing to pay.

He seems like a good hustle player that you'd want to keep around, but the question is how much do you pay for a guy that based on this thread so far, you're not sure whether or not he should be a starter. $11M seems like too much.
                        That's a great approach. I actually think a good comparison could be made between Johnson and Humphries in Brooklyn - great hustle, great rebounders, will put up some points without being real offensive threats, use their fouls and make you work for everything. When making around the MLE they are great values. However, I worry that the same fate awaits Johnson if he were to get a pay raise similar to what Hump got... and look at how fans/experts/etc.. have all turned on him!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          That's a great approach. I actually think a good comparison could be made between Johnson and Humphries in Brooklyn - great hustle, great rebounders, will put up some points without being real offensive threats, use their fouls and make you work for everything. When making around the MLE they are great values. However, I worry that the same fate awaits Johnson if he were to get a pay raise similar to what Hump got... and look at how fans/experts/etc.. have all turned on him!
                          The argument can be made that Hump's downfall is directly related to his off-court "issues".

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            The argument can be made that Hump's downfall is directly related to his off-court "issues".
                            Haha....yeah...it's one thing to have problems (99 of em?) as long as the b**** ain't one..

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Haha....yeah...it's one thing to have problems (99 of em?) as long as the b**** ain't one..
                              lol, Ray-J's sloppy seconds is a bad idea now matter how you look at it....

Comment

I find it funny that the media reacted harshly to the Johnsom deal than they did to the Hump deal. The American media is so damn bias.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X