Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    wasn't sure what Iggy's contract was like... so looked it up...

NO. please dear god NO.

He gets paid like basketball royalty when he's upper middle class at best
    This is true, but we would get Vucevic as well, who, if Apollo is right (and I think he is) will be a very servicable rotation big man. And he is very cheap; 1,7 this year with teamoptions for 2 13/14 and 14/15 for 1,7 and 2,7. Iguodala is on the book for this year and can opt out after this year. He might do that if he wants longer term security even if it's for less money (see Richard Jefferson for unexpected opt outs) and get something like 30/40 for 3/4 years. If you think Vucevic is crap look only at Iguodala's salary; otherwise look at the combination.

I don't really mind which way we go, I'm easily satisfied. I do think Iguodala is a better fit with Lowry because of his passing (compared with Deng). I'm actually not minding any talk about the treadmill of mediocrity and stuff; I think there is upside, but more importantly, I'd like to get mediocre for once!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Yup. But they still need a PF (they only have Thad Young and Moultrie) and PG (they only have Holiday).

I wonder if Calderon & Davis would be enough for Iggy, allowing Toronto to upgrade the starting SF position and add veteran leadership, without having to giveup DeRozan. I'd even throw in JJ.
      id be surprised if phili gave up iggy for calderon,davis and JJ..i think they would shop him for picks. If BC can swing iggy for those 3 guys i think we are a legit playoff contender...might even get the 4th or 5th seed

Comment

• Were a deal for Iggy to materialize, would you prefer it to be:

1. Calderon/Davis/JJ

or

2. Calderon/Amir/DD

I would personally like to see Davis stay and develop another few years with the Raps more than I would Derozan.

Comment

• The trade being discussed has about as much ground as this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7o2k39t

Even though BC is in "win-now mode", I don't see him giving up on DeMar anytime soon, and especially not for an injury-prone player on the decline.

Comment

• Alexander wrote: View Post
            Were a deal for Iggy to materialize, would you prefer it to be:

1. Calderon/Davis/JJ

or

2. Calderon/Amir/DD

I would personally like to see Davis stay and develop another few years with the Raps more than I would Derozan.
            My ultimate preference would be for Calderon/Amir/JJ going. I expect Philly would want Davis (younger & cheaper) instead of Amir. After signing Nick Young to backup Evans, I doubt Philly would have as much need for DeRozan (and I'd prefer not to give him up, unless for Gay).

Comment

• Jeepers Cripes! Are you people really that soft for DD? Pack your shit and go! DD will never be an all-star and it`s the right time to get rid of him. We`re getting Iggy for DD.....good deal imo. I don`t care about DD ``upside`` because to me his ceiling is not as high as we think with our Raptors goggles on. I`m tired of this attitude that you have to grow 8 young guys together so that in 7 years we will have a championship calibre team for many years..BS Look at Dallas they aren`t even two full seasons removed and will never see a finals again for years. We are not OKC and were never going to be. The draft luck they had combined with Perkins coming over at the right time is something that might happen to ONE team once in every 2-4 year stretch. No guarantees. If this trade goes down we have a very good team and one that is capable of more than an 8th seed.

Comment

• Bryan and Dwane discussed about Demar getting stronger, his work for USA's select team, and being the eventual closer of games makes me feel Demar isn't getting moved, but this could be a curtain to shield any secret moves BC has in store.

I don't necessarily feel Demar should leave, but if he does, the only one that I wouldn't be upset in gaining is Rudy Gay.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Sheptor wrote: View Post
                  Jeepers Cripes! Are you people really that soft for DD? Pack your shit and go! DD will never be an all-star and it`s the right time to get rid of him. We`re getting Iggy for DD.....good deal imo. I don`t care about DD ``upside`` because to me his ceiling is not as high as we think with our Raptors goggles on. I`m tired of this attitude that you have to grow 8 young guys together so that in 7 years we will have a championship calibre team for many years..BS Look at Dallas they aren`t even two full seasons removed and will never see a finals again for years. We are not OKC and were never going to be. The draft luck they had combined with Perkins coming over at the right time is something that might happen to ONE team once in every 2-4 year stretch. No guarantees. If this trade goes down we have a very good team and one that is capable of more than an 8th seed.
                  Iguodala has reached his peak, he doesn't have any more potential, BC is looking for a future. I just don't see him growing with this team, he may make a big impact player for the team, but with him, he isn't going to get anymore better. He may be an upgrade now, but in 2-3 years, the deal could send us facing mediocrity, while the Sixers (another young core) build together. They have a young team on the rise, while we're trying to get out of the lottery.

Comment

• Philly just agreed to terms w/ Nick Young,.. don't know how that affects this VERY sketchy rumour (dude who said it is a producer of OTR, not an insider) but what i do know is demar and nick young are redundant so i can't see thorn doing this

Comment

• Furthermore,
                      Remember Dwayne Casey stressing the importance of shooters? Iggy can't do that... Remember how bad the Raps offence was? They aren't trading one of their best scorers in Derozan without getting a scorer back.

This is a BS rumour from a wannabe-insider media-type, who probably got this misinformation during a post-blumpkin pillow chat with Landsberg

Comment

• IROR wrote: View Post
                        Furthermore,
                        Remember Dwayne Casey stressing the importance of shooters? Iggy can't do that... Remember how bad the Raps offence was? They aren't trading one of their best scorers in Derozan without getting a scorer back.

This is a BS rumour from a wannabe-insider media-type, who probably got this misinformation during a post-blumpkin pillow chat with Landsberg
                        +1 Iggy is not a very good shooter, James Johnson is a poor-mans Iguodala, with a solid mid ranged jumper.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Yup. But they still need a PF (they only have Thad Young and Moultrie) and PG (they only have Holiday).

I wonder if Calderon & Davis would be enough for Iggy, allowing Toronto to upgrade the starting SF position and add veteran leadership, without having to giveup DeRozan. I'd even throw in JJ.
                          sign me up! might need to throw in a pick if derozan isn't part of it

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Iguodala has reached his peak, he doesn't have any more potential, BC is looking for a future. I just don't see him growing with this team, he may make a big impact player for the team, but with him, he isn't going to get anymore better. He may be an upgrade now, but in 2-3 years, the deal could send us facing mediocrity, while the Sixers (another young core) build together. They have a young team on the rise, while we're trying to get out of the lottery.
                            Completely agree

Comment

• I wonder if the amnestying of Brand could be read as an indication of things to come? Plus as some have already mentioned, pretty much eliminates the possibility of Derozan going out in a trade. Calderon + ED/Amir for Iggy wouldn't be a half bad move, and it would now address both our redundancies AND Phillies holes (the hallmark of any good trade). I'd much rather have someone like Gay, but this would still be an improvement on the current line up.

Lowry, Fields and Iggy would be a very nice defensive backcourt (though I imagine being relegated to 6th man/scorer off the bench would be a tough pill for Demar to swallow).

Pretty hard to get a read on what Philly is doing these days though. As much as I dislike Hollinger, he makes some good points about the craziness of Phillies recent dealings: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...adelphia-76ers

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                We drafted Ross a player almost no one here knows anything about realistically and was drafted in basically the same position as DeRozan. Iggy`s contract is over in 3 years and Bargs might no longer be a raptor then either. It`s about putting a solid lineup out there this year and with iggy we have that. His best days are done but he is still 3 years shy of going Downhill. Get this done and let DD`s bismal shooting be someone else`s problem. Iggy is better in every aspect of the game including dunking!

Comment

Working...
                                X