No announcement yet.

We really need Greg Monroe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily Monroe, but we really need a guy who we can just throw it into the low post to and have him go to work.

It's annoying in end of shot clock situations with this team cause the best we can usually get is a tough long 2 from derozan or a deep 3 from lowry.

Comment

How bout Serge Ibaka.

Comment

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
        Follow
        Coaching sources say Lionel Hollins is a prime target for DET and timing of Cheeks ouster due in part to fact Hollins currently unattached

Chris Haynes ✔ @ChrisBHaynes
        Follow
        Coach Lionel Hollins tells @CSNNW "Of course I'm interested" in the Detroit head coach job. Though he has not communicated with them, yet.

That could be a great move, IMO. A strong leader and identity is what they need.

Dumars coach hiring has been about as poor as his free agent signing. Hollins could be a nice change to that.

Tbh, I don't know why Cheeks was hired in the first place. It seemed like a bad hire from the start, considering other options.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          How bout Serge Ibaka.
          I like Ibaka too. He would be great next to JV, especially if JV gets better offensively which I suspect he will. Ibaka is also improving alot offensively but I don't think he is at the level that most want from a post player offensively. Nonetheless, I would take him for sure, but how on Earth would we convince OKC to let him go?

Comment

Hollins will destroy Jennings watch for them to be looking for a better PG.

Comment

Woj says no Hollins

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
              Follow
              Detroit plans to let John Loyer coach the rest of season, league sources tells Yahoo Sports. Pistons won't be conducting a search now.

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
              Follow
              Tough-minded, defensive coaches are available -- Lionel Hollins, Houston's Kelvin Sampson -- but Gores didn't fire Cheeks w/ anyone in mind.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Hollins will destroy Jennings watch for them to be looking for a better PG.
                Conley developed a ton under Hollins on both ends of the floor, though.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  Conley developed a ton under Hollins on both ends of the floor, though.
                  Conley's a very high character guy though....

Jennings? Not so much....

Comment

Bold prediction: In less than 2 weeks, we'll have a new starting PG and a new starting PF.

Comment

I like Monroe, but he wouldn't have helped us against the Clippers, and I'm assuming this thread was created in response to the loss against the Clips. What the Raptors need is to fast forward a couple of years to when JV is stronger and smarter and knows how to compete against more athletic bigs by punishing them in the low post. He needs to go old school on guys like Jordan and Griffin.
                      Last edited by Mediumcore; Sun Feb 9, 2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Trade Deadline. Ujiri is going to do something.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Bold prediction: In less than 2 weeks, we'll have a new starting PG and a new starting PF.
                          Two weeks is not enough time for MLSE to market big name signings. I look for any big signings to happen in the off season where they can take advantage of marketing and ticket sales. Would love to see it happen this season though.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Conley's a very high character guy though....

Jennings? Not so much....
                            Zach Randolph wasn't known as a high character guy prior to Memphis. Tony Allen had issues.

No two situations are ever exactly the same but this seems a stretch.

Comment

Jennings doesnt have what it takes to run an inside out offense... which you know with Hollins its all going to be about Greg/Smith and Drummond.

Jennings is too trigger happy.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Two weeks is not enough time for MLSE to market big name signings. I look for any big signings to happen in the off season where they can take advantage of marketing and ticket sales. Would love to see it happen this season though.
                                Maybe he many Patpat and Gravy? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X