Its Mark Cuban's fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Mark Cuban's fault

2006 - Dirk Nowitski leads Dallas to the NBA finals. Toronto drafts Andrea Bargnani who is scouted as being the next Dirk Nowitski (yeah how'd that turn out)

2007 - Jason Kapono, a season after being an important part of the Miami heats championship over the Dallas Mavericks, proceeds to win the 3pt shooting competition over Dirk Nowitski. That offseason is then signed by the Toronto Raptors for 4 years at 6 million per. (later considered by many to be one of the worst signings in Toronto's brief history until......)

2009 - Hedo Turkoglu is traded (signed) to the Toronto Raptors, in a complex deal, in part facilitated by the Dallas Mavericks. (somehow the Jason Kapono signing now looks like a steal.....)

2010 - BC attempts to trade Jose Calderon for Tyson Chandler. A final minute change of heart leads to an end to the deal. Tyson Chandler is then traded to the Dallas Mavericks for, what turns out to be, nothing but cap space and helps lead the Mavs to a title. (nice work their Jordan)

2011 - Toronto Raptors end their season with one of their worst records in history. Much discussion is brought up about Andrea Bargnani possibly being traded. He is no longer "untouchable". Head Coach Jay Triano fired. (YES!!!!! the rebuild begins)

- Dallas Mavericks proceed to defeat the Axis of Evil thanks in part due to their defensive minded assistant coach Dwane Casey and the great play of Dirk Nowitski.

Offseason for the Raps since:
    -hire Dwane Casey who is thought to be able to hide Andrea Bargnani like he did Dirk (yeah right)

-build a team "Dallas Mavericks" style, especially defensively (potentially using a lot of zone defense) to facilitate the 'Dirk hiding' (come on now really?)

-draft Jonas V. (not bad) who coach Casey thinks can become the next 'Tyson Chandler' (what?) beside the next 'Dirk Nowitski' (damn it!).

Sigh.........

I now officially hate the Mark Cuban. Everything he touchs makes the Raps drop trou. Wonder if he laughs at us?
    Last edited by GarbageTime; Sun Jun 26, 2011, 08:43 AM.

nice post! way to connect the dots... lol

Year over year cuban has a cap busting salary - he could be taking millions out of his own pocket because he loves the team so much - far and away the best sports owner in any sport. It took a while but he got his championship.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

You forgot to add the fact that Marion (also on the championship winning team) was a part of the three team trade to land Turk-a-poo, which sent him to Dallas.
      Deadallus

Comment

The part that really concerns me is that BC still thinks you can build around Bargnani and even thinks Bargnani is similar to Dirk in skill level.

Dirk's 5th season - 25.1 ppg, 10 reb, (*9.9 reb but we get that is basically 10)
        Bargnani's 5th season - 21.4 ppg, 5.2 reb

Dirk has always been solid on the boards if you look at his career numbers in his prime Dirk averaged more than 8 rebounds a year. I can't remember the last time Bargnani got 8 rebounds in a game.

What I'm trying to say I think is I'd rather build around Jonas V./Ed Davis/Amir Johnson as our frontcourt big men than any combination involving Bargnani. Is it just me or is anyone else frustrated at the "Rebuilding plan" BC keeps talking about.

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
          The part that really concerns me is that BC still thinks you can build around Bargnani and even thinks Bargnani is similar to Dirk in skill level.

Dirk's 5th season - 25.1 ppg, 10 reb, (*9.9 reb but we get that is basically 10)
          Bargnani's 5th season - 21.4 ppg, 5.2 reb

Dirk has always been solid on the boards if you look at his career numbers in his prime Dirk averaged more than 8 rebounds a year. I can't remember the last time Bargnani got 8 rebounds in a game.

What I'm trying to say I think is I'd rather build around Jonas V./Ed Davis/Amir Johnson as our frontcourt big men than any combination involving Bargnani. Is it just me or is anyone else frustrated at the "Rebuilding plan" BC keeps talking about.
          With Calderon and Bargnani still here, yes I have a little frustration. However, patience is required I think.

Looking at the roster there is a lot of positives moving forward especially considering next year's draft.

Comment

Man if you put it that way, us having "the next Dirk Nowitsky" and "the next Tyson Chandler" is just...really sad. But how I wish MLSE were even a quarter as passionate as Cuban is about his team. That article about TO being one of the worst sports cities in terms of giving back to fans is just oh so true.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              With Calderon and Bargnani still here, yes I have a little frustration. However, patience is required I think.

Looking at the roster there is a lot of positives moving forward especially considering next year's draft.
              I think after half a decade of Bargnani patience has run out for most people. I know it has for me.

Comment

You guys all forgot the buyout of Peja and subsequent trade between the Mavs this season. The trade had little meaning to it all but the buyout/signing did. Peja gave them some good minutes at times.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                  I think after half a decade of Bargnani patience has run out for most people. I know it has for me.
                  Patience would be needed to get a CBA resolution to start the off-season and to also lift the BYC from Bargnani's contract so more than $4.25M can be taken back in contract. Come July 1st, it would be $9M - or whenever the offseason begins.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                    Dude, he plays a mean game of tennis.

Comment

Working...
                    X