X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bargs defence is as good as brian scalabrine

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Why does Amir not score as much as Bargs?

Must tryna to be lazyna
      You're avoiding the discussion by trying to change it. And you're trying to bash Amir in response to the criticism of Bargnani. Amir doesn't score as much as Bargnani because he's simply not as talented an offensive player. That and the fact that he attempts less than half as many shots. What Amir does do is find more than one way to help the team. He doesn't score a lot, but he does so very efficiently and he is a good offensive rebounder, so he's valuable on the offensive end. On the other end of the court, he rebounds, defends and hustles.

And, by the way, they are simply quoting Bargnani. If you don't like the quote, then blame Bargnani. He said it.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        You're avoiding the discussion by trying to change it. And you're trying to bash Amir in response to the criticism of Bargnani. Amir doesn't score as much as Bargnani because he's simply not as talented an offensive player. That and the fact that he attempts less than half as many shots. What Amir does do is find more than one way to help the team. He doesn't score a lot, but he does so very efficiently and he is a good offensive rebounder, so he's valuable on the offensive end. On the other end of the court, he rebounds, defends and hustles.

And, by the way, they are simply quoting Bargnani. If you don't like the quote, then blame Bargnani. He said it.
        amir can still improve his offense. But bargnani is a stubborn scrub who just doesn't want to play defense.

Comment

Why does Amir not score as much as Bargs?

Must tryna to be lazyna
          cause he doesn't care just about scoring like bargs, bustani is a one dimensional player, bargs finna be a lazy hack ya feel me ?

Comment

Raptors_ wrote:
            Multipaul is a retard. He can't back up anything he says cause bargnani sucks balls. I don't get why he is so obsessed with bargnani. He is literally the worst defensive player in nba right now. I'd rather be starting Alabi. The funny thing is that if triano had the brains to play alabi or give him a few minutes he would improve into a great defensive player in the paint.
            he already is a better defensive player in the paint than bargs ever was or will be.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote:
              Multipaul is a *****. He can't back up anything he says cause bargnani *****. I don't get why he is so obsessed with bargnani. He is literally the worst defensive player in nba right now. I'd rather be starting Alabi. The funny thing is that if triano had the brains to play alabi or give him a few minutes he would improve into a great defensive player in the paint.

Raptors_ the above comment is inappropriate and in violation of the terms of use on the forum. Normally this would be a private warning, however, I think it is important for all users to be aware of the issue. I don't necessarily agree with everything every poster puts up on the board but nobody should be called names or insulted for their opinions - whether they are right or wrong. If it gets to the point where after all the facts are laid out - and with Bargnani that has certainly been done ad nauseum many times - and there is still a difference of opinion, take the gentlemanly route and agree to disagree.

As has been said numerous times, this is one of the best Raptors forums on the web. If people wish to hurl insults at others for differing views, go elsewhere where the behaviour is condoned.

Comment

That is subjective. I don't have an effort-meter, just stats.
                Effort and hustle can't be quantified maybe, but they can be plainly observed. The difference in the effort Dwight and Andrea expend on defense isn't even debatable.

Thats like saying "Amir is not as good as Bargs, so we rate him on a lower scale,cuz we dont expect him to be as good, so he gets a B-...but Bargs, he should be rated on a higher scale cuz he's better then everyone else"
                Grades obviously have to be based on context and expectations. This is grading performance, not skill level. Andrea is paid eight figures to be a real cornerstone player; his grade has to reflect that. He hasn't come close to that -- his offensive output is close to negated by his atrocious defense.

Imagine if there was no context in grading. If Lebron and Joel Anthony both put up lines of 15 ppg, 6 reb, and 3 ast this year, you'd give them identical grades?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Raptors_ the above comment is inappropriate and in violation of the terms of use on the forum. Normally this would be a private warning, however, I think it is important for all users to be aware of the issue. I don't necessarily agree with everything every poster puts up on the board but nobody should be called names or insulted for their opinions - whether they are right or wrong. If it gets to the point where after all the facts are laid out - and with Bargnani that has certainly been done ad nauseum many times - and there is still a difference of opinion, take the gentlemanly route and agree to disagree.

As has been said numerous times, this is one of the best Raptors forums on the web. If people wish to hurl insults at others for differing views, go elsewhere where the behaviour is condoned.
                  you're right man

Comment

I agree. We all want the same result in the end no matter how it happens. Even if we didn't, there's still no good reason to talk to or about people like that.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      How bout we do it this way.
                      Amir: 24 minutes per game.
                      Andrea: 35 minutes per game.

Amir Offense Rating:
                      Plays within the System, doesn't take "Reggie" shots, shoots a high percentage, cleans up the Offensive Glass.
                      OVERALL: B-

Bargs Offense Rating:
                      Shoots ALOT of shots. Shoots with SOME consistency, and not generally at a very high percentage clip. Scores ALOT of points in a variety of ways.
                      OVERALL: B+

Amir Defense Rating:
                      Hustles, Actually Plays Defense, Guards the Best Big man on the Floor, Rebounds, blocks shots, Fills the Lane, Takes Charges, DOES HIS JOB.
                      OVERALL: B+

Bargs Defense Rating:
                      He's tall.
                      OVERALL: D-

Amir Average: (B-) + (B+)= B
                      Bargs Average: (B+) + (D-) = C

This is how I see it anyway.
                      Well done. And I see mutlipaul questioning the score. The SOB cannot block out, rebound, help D or block shots. How low could this rating be? Is this an A-D kind of scorecard? Cause he deserves the lowest rating possible. If we took a lifesize Barney plush toy and placed it under the basket, it would be more impactful than our real life Barney.
                      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Have you guys really dealt with over 2000 posts this stuff from Multipaul? I hope this type of fanboyism isn't all over the entire forum like this.

Amir, Ed and Demar have been the best Raptors for the season imo, and Bargs, Jose and Barbosa have moments. Leandro is a great 6th man. Now if we just gotta win the lottery and get Kyrie Irving and we will have something here.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                          Multipaul, these grades should be based on a players personal developement IMO and not compared to how the toher players did. Bargs was put out there to be the number one guy and he did play well but not like the number one. bargs effort wasnt there all season and for anyone to say it was they are only kidding themselves. a preformance like we have been seeing from DD lately is getting a little closer to playing like a leader and a number one option(though he may never become the num.1 option). Based on this season bargs was probably expected to have a better season but due to injuries and toher variable that 3was not the case. in regaurds to barbosa, u have a guy with a messed up wrist who champed it out all season had some good games had some okay games but u could tell he played hard, always hustled, was a leader, and although it not his best season thats why he didint get a better grade. Bargs played well but not where i thought he could have been. he just needs to hustle more out there and people will stop coplaining i tihnk. when u see all the other players hustling and bargs looking like he doesnt care its easy to notice. something i noticed is the To loves hard working, blue collarplayers and bargs is not that. the other players on the roster show attributes of hustle and dedication and thats why fans love them. the Bargnani era is slowing down and next year it may pick up but if it keeps going the way it is i tihnk bags will be gone next deadline. right nwo raps are in a unique possition because by tnext year or the year following trade deadline we will have alot of nice young pieces to use as bait for getting players in trades. future looks
                          exciting.
                          +1

The top guys are going to be held to different standards. If Kobe averaged 19, 3 and 3 he would probably get a D. At the begining of the year people were sayin Amir contract was the worst off season signing, by the end of the year people are saying "maybe the signing wasn't that bad". Most of the ratings were fair but I think everyone should have been knocked down a point or so. A team this bad shouldn't have such favourable ratings.
                          Deadallus

Comment

• thatguythere wrote: View Post
                            Have you guys really dealt with over 2000 posts this stuff from Multipaul? I hope this type of fanboyism isn't all over the entire forum like this.

Amir, Ed and Demar have been the best Raptors for the season imo, and Bargs, Jose and Barbosa have moments. Leandro is a great 6th man. Now if we just gotta win the lottery and get Kyrie Irving and we will have something here.
                            Other than the AB thing, he is a good member of the Forum. Do I get the attachment? No. If I never have to see him in a Raptors jersey, I'm okay with that. Wish him the best. Just time to move on.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• as long as we beat miami i'm happy. Sumthing tells me we were resting the players for the heat game. I wouldn't be suprised if all the "ïnjured" players came back on wednesday.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                as long as we beat miami i'm happy. Sumthing tells me we were resting the players for the heat game. I wouldn't be suprised if all the "ïnjured" players came back on wednesday.
                                Why? That Miami game is meaningless..for both teams. I really don't think they're holding guys back so they can play Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X