Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry could be considered for the All-NBA team.

Those votes are done by sportswriters/broadcasters and should be less political. Lowry in my subjective opinion is one of the 15 best guys in the league right now.

I've got James, Durant, George, Paul, Hibbert, Parker, Griffin, Bosh, Curry, Aldridge, Harden, Howard, and Lillard as locks on that list.. and with Love, Nowitzki, Duncan, Carmelo, Wall, Dragic, Millsap and Lowry all 'competing' for the final two spots.

Lowry could have the advantage by playing for a 3rd ranked team in the East though. He could also get sympathy votes for not making it into the all-star game.

Comment

• Wouldn't that be interesting. Making the all-NBA team without an all-star selection.

Wonder how many times that's happened.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Wouldn't that be interesting. Making the all-NBA team without an all-star selection.

Wonder how many times that's happened.
        Marc Gasol did it last year.

Gasol actually was all over the board last year, no All-Star selection, 2nd-Team All NBA, 2nd-Team All Defensive, Defensive Player of the Year.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Marc Gasol did it last year.

Gasol actually was all over the board last year, no All-Star selection, 2nd-Team All NBA, 2nd-Team All Defensive, Defensive Player of the Year.
          That's kind of messed up within itself. He's identified as the best defensive player in the league, but is somehow only good enough for the 2nd team all defense.

People are dumb.

Comment

• Man everytime someone brings up Demar's name half the people on RR attack him, I'm not saying that he doesn't have flaws because no player is flawless! Just be happy that someone we drafted is now an NBA All star!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Myself, I was specifically referring to the TNT guys, not coaches.

As for the coaches themselves, who knows what they're thinking. From what I understand, there aren't enough hours on the day for them to do their real jobs, so it wouldnt surprise if they give this little to no thought. Or just pawn it off to an assistant.
              Found a very good theory on how the coaches got Joe Johnson in.

"My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Man everytime someone brings up Demar's name half the people on RR attack him, I'm not saying that he doesn't have flaws because no player is flawless! Just be happy that someone we drafted is now an NBA All star!
                I don't get it either. I mean, DeMar is no Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade. But he's a hell of a player.

People wanting to trade him for draft picks(mid 1st round) is a JOKE. You already have an all star player who is only 24 yrs old and you want to move him for draft picks and hope that player becomes an all-star? You already have one! If we can get Wiggins sure, but no chance of that happening.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Found a very good theory on how the coaches got Joe Johnson in.

If the coaches voting is guided by any kind of logic, this is the best possible explanation, or that the voting was done after 10 pints of ale.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    That's kind of messed up within itself. He's identified as the best defensive player in the league, but is somehow only good enough for the 2nd team all defense.

People are dumb.
                    Actually, he was only no.4 among all centers in all-defense votes last year. But for some reason NBA decided to call Larry Sanders a PF and leave him off the team.

I guess the NBA decided it would be too embarrassing to have the DPOY miss all-defense teams altogether.
                    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jan 31, 2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                      If I could thank this post 1000x over I would. I find it a bit ridiculous and sad that some Raptors "fans" continue to knock on DeRo even as he is being selected to the All Star team. For fucks sake can we not cut out the criticisms for one day. This is a time to celebrate one of our own making the AS team. Some of y'all acting like DD doesn't deserve it or that AS selections come around every year for Raptors players. Don't take it for granted my dudes. We all know his weaknesses but methinks this is not the time to rehash that discussion for the millionth time. This is good times man, enjoy.
                      I would recommend checking when the congratulations ended and when the criticism began.

It had nothing to do with his accomplishment or recognition but instead a poster calling out a group of other posters.

Funny enough a huge "fan" of DeRozan was the one who derailed the celebration to rehash the discussion for the millionth time.

......and for the record: way to go demar, I never thought you'd do it!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        I don't get it either. I mean, DeMar is no Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade. But he's a hell of a player.

People wanting to trade him for draft picks(mid 1st round) is a JOKE. You already have an all star player who is only 24 yrs old and you want to move him for draft picks and hope that player becomes an all-star? You already have one! If we can get Wiggins sure, but no chance of that happening.
                        Exactly Demar isn't going to be a HOF'er! He's only 24 and getting better each year! I'm not saying he an amazing player but at least he's a hard worker and isn't a cancer to the locker room
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Sweet. One post and you're hater.

@Scraptor - Great post. I'm sorry, you're right, DeMar has improved defensively.

I'm not an advanced stats guy, I only check raw stats, so in my eyes DeMar isn't improved because he still makes same stupid mistakes defensively from last year. Scraptor proved me wrong, thank you sir. It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best. It's just my opinion and there's no need to hate.
                          -------

Just to be clear, I'm very happy for DeMar. I never pooped on him, never send any hate towards him. He deserves this all star spot 100%.

This is a discussion forum, everyone has a right to express their opinion at any time. There's no need to write posts like ' I'm so tired that people can't catch a break bla bla bla ... '
                          Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 31, 2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I would recommend checking when the congratulations ended and when the criticism began.

It had nothing to do with his accomplishment or recognition but instead a poster calling out a group of other posters.

Funny enough a huge "fan" of DeRozan was the one who derailed the celebration to rehash the discussion for the millionth time.

......and for the record: way to go demar, I never thought you'd do it!
                            Yea I'm well aware how this thread got derailed thanks. I'm not trying to single you or anyone else out. My point is it would be nice as fans, as a RR community to celebrate DeRo's accomplishment without going back to the same old tired discussions about his strengths/weaknesses. It would be nice if we could leave that behind at least for a while. How about at least until after the ASG y'all?

Go DeRo, go Raps!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              I'm not an advanced stats guy, I only check raw stats, so in my eyes DeMar isn't improved because he still makes same stupid mistakes defensively from last year. Scraptor proved me wrong, thank you sir. It doesn't change a lot tho, DeMar is average defender at best. It's just my opinion and there's no need to hate.
                              So you are presented evidence to disprove your opinion, and that doesn't change anything for you?
                              My brother debates like that ... very frustrating.

rocwell wrote:
                              This is a discussion forum, everyone has a right to express their opinion at any time. There's no need to write posts like ' I'm so tired that people can't catch a break bla bla bla ... '
                              I assume this is a shot at me, so I counter with the point you juust made... "But that's just my opinion... can I not express it at any time?"

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                So you are presented evidence to disprove your opinion, and that doesn't change anything for you?
                                My brother debates like that ... very frustrating.

I assume this is a shot at me, so I counter with the point you juust made... "But that's just my opinion... can I not express it at any time?"
                                What's so frustrating? I said that Scraptor proved me wrong. DeMar's defense is improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X