Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

As the trade deadline approaches on March 15th and off season signings can be traded as of March 1st, what do you hope the Raptors do?

1) Major change
    2) Minor tweak
    3) Do nothing until off season.
    Major change(s)
    24.07%
    Minor tweak(s)
    66.67%
    Do nothing until the off season.
    9.26%

The poll is expired.

Minor tweak maybe trade for a pick and try to sign Chandler.

Comment

Not sure the definition of a minor tweak but with I am with noprops, trading for a pick (or two to use one in future trades) and going for Chandler.

1. Trade Bayless and Barbosa to achieve another pick or a bench SG or development PG. Fodder contracts (1yrs) as filler as needed. Pepper and stir.
      2. Unless a solid deal comes along hold onto ED/Amir to truly identify which one to hold onto (or yields the better return) at the end of the year. Of course if the draft yields a ADavis or JSullinger then it becomes a different discussion.
      3. (aka #1) if Wilson Chandler comes back pre-March 1st and either in #1 happens, push to sign WC.

This said I would not dash the TV/computer against the rocks if a major deal happened. Just don't see it right now.

Comment

I vote minor tweak as well. I would like to pick up another late draft pick. I think Bayless, or Barbosa could be shipped out.

Calderon has played so well this year I would like to keep him on. If we could get Wilson Chandler that would be sweet. We pretty much would be able to draft any position in the draft.

Comment

Trade Barbosa for a pick that will lock Kabongo and I'll be happy.

Comment

Thus far into the season most everything is proceeding as expected (for myself anyway!). The coach is what we thought he would be, the culture of the team seems to be changed, defense is emphasized over offense, everyone is getting an opportunity to show what they have, the team is competitive most nights and it's tracking towards a good draft position.

I dont want to jeopardize this.

Therefore any moves should be subtractions only with additions in futures (picks) or expiring salary in the form of a Peja type who can help hold Magloire's hand on the bench.

Not too much longer to go boys & girls. Patience.

Comment

I said Major changes cause I'm a guy who loves the NBA gossip and big time news.

But realistically make some minor changes.

Ship Barbosa for a possible late 1st or a low lottery. Sign Wilson Chandler, send Butler/Carter for a defensive wing.
              Maybe let go of Ed Davis, because we can already tell who's been better and who's potential is much better, grab another pick or even a low post presence off the bench?

Keep Magloire, I love his energy on the bench he's got good leadership as well.

Than in the off-season we can worry about the draft and bringing in a shooter on the wing.

Calderon/Bayless
              Demar/receiving player or draft pick/Forbes
              Chandler/JJ/Kleiza
              Bargnani/Amir/receiving player or draft pick
              Valanciunas/Gray
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Major changes are always risks. We have had out fair share of "Major Changes"in the form of JO, Marion, Turk, etc. We finally have a nice solid rebuild plan that looks like it is can work so lets not change that. I am leaning to minor changes, but I feel there is always pressure on a GM to make a deal at the deadline. Maybe it would be best to leave the team as is?

Comment

I think the only dude with any kind of value right now is probably Jose and maybe Barbosa. If we could flip both/either for another pick or developmental player with strong upside i'm in.

Do the twolves have a first rounder this year? I wonder if they're still interested in DeMar...
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    I said Major changes cause I'm a guy who loves the NBA gossip and big time news.

But realistically make some minor changes.

Ship Barbosa for a possible late 1st or a low lottery. Sign Wilson Chandler, send Butler/Carter for a defensive wing.
                    Maybe let go of Ed Davis, because we can already tell who's been better and who's potential is much better, grab another pick or even a low post presence off the bench?

Keep Magloire, I love his energy on the bench he's got good leadership as well.

Than in the off-season we can worry about the draft and bringing in a shooter on the wing.

Calderon/Bayless
                    Demar/receiving player or draft pick/Forbes
                    Chandler/JJ/Kleiza
                    Bargnani/Amir/receiving player or draft pick
                    Valanciunas/Gray
                    I can only assume that you are in favor of keeping Amir over Ed which is fine if that's how you feel, but to say that we can tell who's better and has more potential is a flawed statement. Davis is by no means a finished product in only his second year but his numbers are better or equal to Amir's in almost all major category's. 7.1 ppg, 6.0rpg are better than Amir's career avg. While Steals, blocks and assists are about equal. Amir does have a large advantage in Field Goal %. That plus the 5 less years in the league for Ed make him the much more attractive option going forward, for me anyway.

Comment

Ed will end up being a much better player than amir and BC never gives up on his picks unless he knows they are complete garbage. Ed won't go anywhere anytime soon and he will most likely be our first big off the bench.

Comment

Nothing or trade Barbosa to help building when summer comes.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Nothing or trade Barbosa to help building when summer comes.
                          Co-sign.

I think there will be a lot of calls for Calderon, but I think they need to keep their only solid vet for the rest of this year, at least. Otherwise, it will not only be unwatchable, but also not much use from a development standpoint, since you need a playmaker to see the true potential in the rest of them.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

WestsideRidah wrote: View Post
                            I can only assume that you are in favor of keeping Amir over Ed which is fine if that's how you feel, but to say that we can tell who's better and has more potential is a flawed statement. Davis is by no means a finished product in only his second year but his numbers are better or equal to Amir's in almost all major category's. 7.1 ppg, 6.0rpg are better than Amir's career avg. While Steals, blocks and assists are about equal. Amir does have a large advantage in Field Goal %. That plus the 5 less years in the league for Ed make him the much more attractive option going forward, for me anyway.
                            I was talking about as of recently, but yeah I honestly totally forgot about the long run when it comes to these two. I don't know, re-thinking about it would be a hard choice, but right now, Ed Davis hasn't been working as hard recently, I mean he's had a good game but other than that it's just been different. I don't mind the face that he's inconsistent because obviously he's young. It's just Im not feeling the same vibe that he had last season. Amir also had a bad stretch at one point throughout the season, than again, who knows. If possible keep both, but if we had to choose to trade one, it would be ED because he's more of a tradeable asset due to what you said about the unfinished project, and get someone who can do the same things and be more reliable.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I have to agree that Ed does seem to have a different vibe about him this year, doesn't seem to be showing the same kind of fire as he did last season. But he wouldn't be the first second year player to have an off season.

Comment

Working...
                              X