Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    STOP THIS ADVERTISING. Mods are you blind or what?
    No, we are not blind. Just have actual jobs that generally take us away from RR for a couple minutes a day. Its been merged.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The Raptor mascot is great not because of his outfit, but because of the guy in the suit (i.e. his sense of humour, ability to work the crowd, and athleticism). No matter what they do to the mascot's design, I hope they keep the same dude.
      He's fantastic, for sure! I guess the question is, do you ditch the dino identity in favour of blending in with 'bird' franchises like Hawks, Pelicans, Eagles, etc... but if you're going for unique, I think you have to evolve the dino

Comment

I'd like to keep the Dino. I also have a huge dinosaur (including a raptor) piece tattooed on my leg. So there's that.

.....but seriously, not a plane. That would be awful.
        ....and a bird of prey could be okay I guess, but that basically refers to ANY bird that hunts, which is so generic.
        "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

STOP THIS ADVERTISING. Mods are you blind or what?

You know we don't get paid for this right? We don't even get free tickets. So my thinking on things is...if and when I see things, I'll deal with them.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'm not blaming you for not merging it, it's just plain obvious how he creates similar threads in order to sell his merchandise, even after interview where Leiweke mentioned that he's keeping the brand name, he still spams that petition, this is what I have meant with "blind"........ P.S don't take it so personal every time...
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Oct 3, 2013, 05:06 PM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I'm not blaming you for not merging it, it's just plain obvious how he creates similar threads in order to sell his merchandise, even after interview where Leiweke mentioned that he's keeping the brand name, he still spams that petition, this is what I have meant with "blind"........ P.S don't take it so personal every time...
              If you don't want them to take it personal, don't mention it or make silly accusations of them being "blind"..also, you should inquire with the admins(Doc, Apollo, Arsenalist) in private message about your concern as he may have "special" permissions to self-advertise on the site. Not to mention, it's private, so it will prevent you from looking like a massive idiot.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I've yet to hear this suggestion, but I LOVE it. Scientifically accurate, and pulls us away from that silly Jurassic Park attachment. Not to mention, modern birds of prey are officially referred to as Raptors.

And going up against the other 'bird' teams, a Raptor would kill a Hawk or a Pelican.
                A hawk is a raptor.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                  A hawk is a raptor.
                  BINGO. Either you want to evolve the dino identity, or you want to be one of the bird franchises.

Comment

A hawk is a raptor.
                    That's pretty much exactly what I said... "Modern birds of prey are officially referred to as Raptors."

And I still stand by my point that a Velociraptor would destroy a Hawk or a Pelican.
                    Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 3, 2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

That's literally exactly what I said... "Modern birds of prey are officially referred to as Raptors."

And I still stand by my point that a Velociraptor would destroy a Hawk or a Pelican.
                      You wrote "going up against other 'bird' teams, a Raptor would kill a Hawk or a Pelican." But if a hawk is classified as a bird of prey (raptor), then why would a raptor "kill" a hawk if they're the same thing? unless you're talking simply about the way the name sounds or something

None of this is important at all I just like nitpicking sometimes

Comment

You wrote "going up against other 'bird' teams, a Raptor would kill a Hawk or a Pelican." But if a hawk is classified as a bird of prey (raptor), then why would a raptor "kill" a hawk if they're the same thing? unless you're talking simply about the way the name sounds or something

None of this is important at all I just like nitpicking sometimes
                        You most certainly do. Lol
                        Which is fine. I suppose I should have clarified I was still talking about the Dinosaur-Bird going up against modern 'raptors'.

Comment

You most certainly do. Lol
                          Which is fine. I suppose I should have clarified I was still talking about the Dinosaur-Bird going up against modern 'raptors'.
                          Yes, you should have.

That's strike two.

Comment

Yes, you should have.

That's strike two.
                            Ummm I'm the mod. Lol Watch it. Getting KG to do all your mean muggin' for you. :P Haha

Comment

Ummm I'm the mod. Lol Watch it. Getting KG to do all your mean muggin' for you. :P Haha

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                If you don't want them to take it personal, don't mention it or make silly accusations of them being "blind"..also, you should inquire with the admins(Doc, Apollo, Arsenalist) in private message about your concern as he may have "special" permissions to self-advertise on the site. Not to mention, it's private, so it will prevent you from looking like a massive idiot.
                                Reading between the lines is great feature, yes I mean "Blind". How does being aware of something and posting it in the public forum makes me an idiot? And a massive one?
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X