Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big V headed to the bench! Are you kidding me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as Val still gets good minutes then I'm fine with this. I've been very pleased with Amir's recent play and Val has looked tired out there so this could be a good move. Wouldn't mind seeing Davis gets some starts as well!!!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      I actually think Amir is stronger than JV in this stage of their careers. Prob won't stay that way. Also, last year Bargs guarded the 5 a bunch and Amir would guard the 4 (like K-Love for example). It was match up related.
      I agree and yeah Amir is stronger than JV Demarcus Cousins got whatever he wanted against him in SAC, but a lot of that is from inexperience + he isn't strong enough yet. It really isnt a big deal guy Jonas will still get his minutes and grow I dont get what everyone is so up in arm about..

Comment

MLSE is like a virus of the brain. When respected sports people come here they lose their mind, and start making stupid decisions. What is wrong with this team and everyone with a position of power involved with it?
        Deadallus

Comment

The one plus I see from this, and I believe it may have been touched on earlier, is that AB can once again play the post, where he did a fairly decent job last year. This year he seems lost on the perimiter, a spot that is obviously being help for JV.

I guess we'll see tonight!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.
            BryCo is still eating that Primo pasta and sauce.

Comment

Val will be starting tonight..http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2..._jazz_preview/

glad to see..Val hasnt been our prob. PRIMO PASTA is!

Comment

After 7 years, I don't think any GM can be tricked into thinking Bargnani is someone he isn't. IMO, his playing time is irrelevant to his trade value. Every knowledgeable basketball mind knows who Bargnani is. The next 10-20 games can't change that.
                +1

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  Val will be starting tonight..http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2..._jazz_preview/

glad to see..Val hasnt been our prob. PRIMO PASTA is!
                  So, pretty much a wasted thread.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    Alright, I understand he does not deserve starting spot yet, although putting blame on him, when hes literally the only guy who defends the paint... What do you expect, how many times he got dunked because Bargnani lost his player? I'm starting to hate Caseys system, because he is the one who puts Andrea near 3pt line and commands him to play Brickani. He's is not DIRK, come on, all basketball world knows that and they are still repeating same crap. Frustrating.
                    DC thinks that our version of Dirk is AB. I am beginning to believe that DC is in fact BC's lap dog as others on this forum have stated. If so both need to go.

Comment

I agree. Trade AB now amd get it over with already.

Comment

Hopefully he stays out of early foul trouble...

Comment

Casey:
                          "You have to go protect the paint and he's about a half second off of that, being where he has to be," Casey said. "It's experience and being there numerous times, he's getting better at it but he's still not there yet. Recognizing that situation and it's a split moment."

Raptors are 4-15. Go blame Valanciunas. If it is even true, it is too late. Let them (future people) fucking play and look forward to the next season. Idiots (sorry for the word), who makes these decisions.

Comment

I hate the raptors now. The way the organization is treating its players is honestly worse than how the Leafs treat Kadri. Honestly no wonder why nobody wants to play for these clowns! If the city sucks, the least the organization could do is treat its players with some respect to attempt to create a better culture around the club, holy ass barf.
                            Last edited by b2kelly; Fri Dec 7, 2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/06...g-to-the-bench

some Casey quotes in there recanting his earlier thoughts, saying he's gonna leave JV in the starting 5. I'm becoming indifferent because I don't think it matters with this current lineup. Something's gotta give sooner than later.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                People up in arms over this move have lost their minds, most specifically ones who've been saying we need to see JV and ED working together. Guess what? This move does that!! AND it puts them both on the floor more with Jose, who will feed them the ball more. I can't think of a better scenario for their development in working together at both ends.

This move is no diss on JV, but is very likely a good move to make FOR HIM at this time. The last 2 games indicate he may be hitting a bit of a rookie wall while constantly playing against the opponent's #1 C, while he still has lots to work on. This relieves much of the pressure from him and allows for an easier route to adapting to the NBA schedule and lifestyle. It doesn't mean he'll play less minutes (maybe even more), nor does it mean he won't find his way back to the starting unit as the season wears on.

Some people need to chill from criticizing every single move, especially those that wanted ED and JV working together to start with. Sheeesh.
                                Hmm, well I'll reply to this I guess... Val and Davis are our best frontcourt. Which in theory means they shouldn't be getting 15 mpg and/or getting demoted out of the starting lineup.

People are frustrated because players who put out effort and get results aren't getting rewarded, while players who put out no effort and clearly don't get results do get rewarded with minutes.

I really feel like you are the one who needs to chill out. Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X