No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lowry and Fields acquisitions are excellent for Bargnani. Look, I'll be the first to admit he's not a good rebounder, but why is that such a crime? Rajon rondo is a point guard who can't shoot, Tim Duncan is bad at free throws, etc. Every player has a flaw. The fact is that Bargnani is one of the most offensively talented players in this league, and building a team that can compensate for some of his flaws is just smart GM-ing by Colangelo.

Having said that, I still expect Casey to be screaming at Bargs if he's not giving good effort on rebounding.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      The Lowry and Fields acquisitions are excellent for Bargnani. Look, I'll be the first to admit he's not a good rebounder, but why is that such a crime? Rajon rondo is a point guard who can't shoot, Tim Duncan is bad at free throws, etc. Every player has a flaw. The fact is that Bargnani is one of the most offensively talented players in this league, and building a team that can compensate for some of his flaws is just smart GM-ing by Colangelo.

Having said that, I still expect Casey to be screaming at Bargs if he's not giving good effort on rebounding.
      My concern with Bargs playing for Casey is injuries. I know he has not had major injury problems before; however, he has also never given as much effort on both ends before. I hope he is preparing his body this summer and I hope last year was just pure coincidence... just not sure it was.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
        My concern with Bargs playing for Casey is injuries. I know he has not had major injury problems before; however, he has also never given as much effort on both ends before. I hope he is preparing his body this summer and I hope last year was just pure coincidence... just not sure it was.
        I think Casey had him playing too many minutes when he came back from the injury, leading to a much worse re-aggravation. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Comment

I think Casey had him playing too many minutes when he came back from the injury, leading to a much worse re-aggravation. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
          cross fingers
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
            cross fingers
            Indeed.

Comment

Yeah i think Casey learned his lesson with that

Comment

• Bargnani still raptor..LOL.
                As long a he is on this team,it will never succeceed,trade him while he still has value.
                Raptors will regret keeping him this long,time 2 move on...
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Let's not forget all bigs are overpaid and Brooke was a 10th pick, only 24. He is getting paid for his 7footer game even if it is little bit on the high side. DeAndre jordan's contract comes to mind. Bargnani is getting paid for his SG skill set. and he is getting paid like an elite shooter.

From twitter Ryan Wolstat:
                  "We’re going to demand that Andrea rebounds, he’s still 7-foot," said Dwane Casey Twitter
                  Hilarious.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani still raptor..LOL.
                    As long a he is on this team,it will never succeceed,trade him while he still has value.
                    Raptors will regret keeping him this long,time 2 move on...

I agree lets trade him for Elton Brand and Brandon Heywood
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...nicks-lin-sane

put this here just for the one bit about bargs. it is about felton over lin and how much better lin is. didn't know bargs goes to the line on iso plays more than any other player in the league. based on that they put his name first there but it might be alphabetical.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Looks like Coach still wants Andrea to rebound the ball....from hoopshype Ryan Wolstat: "We’re going to demand that Andrea rebounds, he’s still 7-foot," said Dwane Casey Twitter
                        We're still doing this, eh?

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          Looks like Coach still wants Andrea to rebound the ball....from hoopshype Ryan Wolstat: "We’re going to demand that Andrea rebounds, he’s still 7-foot," said Dwane Casey Twitter
                          By "demand", Casey means he'll ask Bargnani nicely.

Comment

• In the "Andrea's contract is really one of the best things about him" area:

Kris Humphries: 2 years, 24 million.....now that is ridiculous.....I don't care that it's only 2 years, it's still crazy

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ee-2-year-deal

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              In the "Andrea's contract is really one of the best things about him" area:

Kris Humphries: 2 years, 24 million.....now that is ridiculous.....I don't care that it's only 2 years, it's still crazy

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ee-2-year-deal
                              lol I read that this morning and thought the exact same thing. With each new crazy contract handed out to average bigs, Bargnani looks more and more valuable!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                lol I read that this morning and thought the exact same thing. With each new crazy contract handed out to average bigs, Bargnani looks more and more valuable!
                                lol that contract is pretty damn horrible, but not as horrible as the max contract that they gave to Lopez. I mean his contract entitles him $61 million in 4 years. Lopez doesn't play any defense whatsoever. He rebounds just as bad as Bargnani and not to mention he only played 5 games last season due to an ankle injury. You're really gonna give an injured center who doesn't play defense or rebound a four year $61 million contract?

Comment

Working...
                                X