X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...-espn-magazine

Interesting read.

How I long to see the Raptors play like the bold.
    They did for a few years when Colangelo first came on board. His teams didn't know how to play defense though.

Comment

Royce Young: Pop on Kawhi Leonard's confidence: "Kawhi has never spoken to me so I don't really know what his confidence is." Twitter @dailythunder
      I'm not sure I'd want to talk to Pop either. I'd listen to every word he said though.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd want to talk to Pop either. I'd listen to every word he said though.
        LOL, Im confused, how does a player never speak with his coach??
        I think its just Pop pulling the reporters leg again
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I didn't get to watch the game until after I had seen the outcome and knew about the 3 pt barrage. So when there was a timeout with just over 2 minutes left in the second quarter this is what pop said.

"Eh, great job moving the basketball, all the shots are great. Let's feel confident, let'em fly. Get your name in the paper".
          Such a beauty.

I love how he picks up on Miami's poor perimeter defense and just tells his guys to have at'er.

If I could be coached by anyone I'd pick pop over anyone. Hell I'd love to just follow him around.
          Last edited by ezz_bee; Thu Jun 13, 2013, 01:47 PM.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Just got to the third qtr interview...

Doris Burke: Mike, thank you. What did you see from your team that got that kind of separation Miami?

Gregg Popovich: I think we played real solid defense.

Doris Burke: Lebron James 9 straight (points) to end the quarter. What are you asking for from you defense on him?

Gregg Popovich: (pauses) I can't tell you that.

Doris Burke: ...Okay, thanks Pop. Mike...
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

"...Sean Marks, a New Zealander who played for San Antonio for two seasons, puts it, "The ball doesn't stick." For better or worse, the ball often sticks in America. A few months ago, Pop was scouting an opponent. He won't say which one. On video, Pop saw an international player wide open for a shot, with a confused look on his face. That's because his point guard, an American, was dribbling in circles."

How ironic that there is a mention of Sean Marks (former Raptor player) and John Lucas (current Raptor player) in a discussion of what the Surs to right and what other teams do wrong).

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9364989/san-antonio-spurs-doing-right-drafting-international-athletes-espn-magazine

Interesting read.

How I long to see the Raptors play like the bold.
                Loved this quote from the article. It says a lot.

"Consider that the U.S. has won only two of the major world junior championships in the past 26 years -- not even in 2007, with Stephen Curry and Michael Beasley on the roster -- and the root rot of the U.S. system is all the more clear. 'That's a statement about where we are,' Buford says. 'When we put our best players together, we aren't playing well.'

Comment

Chris Tomasson: Pop on Danny Green similarity to Bruce Bowen: "I guess they're both similar in neither one of them has any moves.'' Twitter @christomasson
                  Oh Pop.... never change. I don't think that is an issue though.

Comment

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...sager-matchup/

Oh Pop.

Never change.

Comment

Yep, loves me some Pop. But TNT only cares about riley, or thats crypt keeper that coached Chicago and LA.

Comment

Popovich regarding Kawhi and the future of the Spurs:

Jeff McDonald: Fixing an earlier Pop quote on Kawhi: "He’s the future. I don’t think Timmy & Manu are going to play any more than maybe 6 or 7 more years" Twitter @JMcDonald_SAEN

Comment

Duncan and Ginobili still playing 6 or 7 years from now?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...tart=0&ndsp=18
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              Duncan and Ginobili still playing 6 or 7 years from now?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...tart=0&ndsp=18
                              Timmy will be 45 seven years from now... Pop just being poprcastic.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Timmy will be 45 seven years from now... Pop just being poprcastic.
                                If any super-duper-star could play until 45 I'd put my money on Duncan. He's adjusting his game every year, and as long as his team was competitive I could see him being happy and effective playing 5 minutes a game as the 3rd string PF/C

Comment

Working...
                                X