No announcement yet.

If NOH can change name to Pelicans, Toronto should change our name to HUSKIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the sentiment that if you're going to change, i want a complete whitewash, minus Casey and a few of the players.

a fresh, clean start could be a really good thing for this team, not to mention a talent infusion.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If we change our name away from Raptors, then Kevin Durant will never be able to fulfill his childhood dreams.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

I am not so willing to throw the past away. I think its a move based on fan insecurity. Probably the worst way to improve the team.

Not to mention that I have been a fan since 95, its my past I would be changing, and I don't feel there is a need to do that.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          if we change our name away from raptors, then kevin durant will never be able to fulfill his childhood dreams.
          +1 lol

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Thankfully I'm a recent transplant, so I'm spared the pain of having to be a Flames fan... I think that's far worse than even being a Leafs fan!
            Nonsense. I am not in Toronto but am a Flames fan. Flames at least have won a cup in the last 25 years!

Comment

+1 for Huskies...BTW, I get that the Raptors use the colour red to distinguish themselves as the only Canadian team, but, other than TFC all Toronto sports teams have traditionally used the colour blue..Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Argonauts...So I'm all for having the blue & white Huskies jerseys

Comment

uke2themax wrote: View Post
                +1 for Huskies...BTW, I get that the Raptors use the colour red to distinguish themselves as the only Canadian team, but, other than TFC all Toronto sports teams have traditionally used the colour blue..Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, Argonauts...So I'm all for having the blue & white Huskies jerseys
                I would prefer not having any association with the Leafs. If there was some way to sever ownership with them too, I'd be all for it

Comment

on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                    Worked out pretty well for them? Do appealing team names make the players pay better?

Have you ever seen a lake in Los Angeles? :P I dont think any of their success would have been any different if they were named the Los Angeles Sulfur Dioxides.
                    Sulfur Dioxides is still a better name than Pelicans.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      on the pelican topic..

seems there new logo leaked already

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...fore-unveiling

hate there name but the logo isnt half bad..could have been alot worse that is
                      Looks like something borrowed from a commercial pilot's uniform :|

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        with the wings ya kinda.. i was expecting much worse though i guess

Comment

If the team was a perennial contender, MSLE could change the team name to the Pylons and have them wear pink, yellow, orange and green jerseys. All I care about (and what everyone else should care about) is winning. When we start doing a lot of that then we can discuss changing the name and the colours. But for now, why waste time and money on changing some that has NO EFFECT on the performance on the court?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Exactly what I was thinking haha
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                              Not sure why some people don't like the Raptors name - I think it's great. It's unique, cool, and its a friggin dinosaur. Not to mention that raptors or velociraptors are one of the few well known dinosaurs in pop culture.

Come on guys, cant just throw out 17 years for nothing
                              This.

Dinosaurs were awesome way before Jurassic Park came out. Dinosaurs are still awesome. It isn't a gimmick.

Also, the claw ball logo is great. I like it a lot more than the Timberwolves' logo (I live in Minneapolis now).

Comment

Ajar wrote: View Post
                                This.

Dinosaurs were awesome way before Jurassic Park came out. Dinosaurs are still awesome. It isn't a gimmick.

Also, the claw ball logo is great. I like it a lot more than the Timberwolves' logo (I live in Minneapolis now).
                                Dinosaurs may have been popular, but I don't recall the Velociraptor being a well known dinosaur prior to JP. T-Rex, Stegosauras, Triceratops, Brontosaurus (flinstones anyone?) yes, but not Raptors... it was a cheesy, trendy name back then and the stench of amateurness has stuck with this franchise as a baby brother to its American counterparts ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X