X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then again, i said the nash signing was retarded so who knows
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

frig... i wish we had proper bookies in Toronto.... i'd love to put some money down on Kobe breaking his career scoring high this season

Comment

Whats crazy about the D'Antoni hiring is that Phil Jackson was apparently ready and willing to come back.

Phil Jackson was prepared to return to the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday morning if negotiations between his agent and the team went well, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com late Sunday night.

When the Lakers called to tell Jackson that they had instead chosen Mike D'Antoni to be their next head coach, he was "stunned," according to the source, because he had been under the impression "it was his job to turn down" although no formal offer had ever been made.

Jackson's triangle offense was seen as a benefit to Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, but not as conducive to the rest of the players on the roster -- namely point guard Steve Nash and center Dwight Howard.

Another strike against the triangle was the fact this Lakers team struggled mightily picking up the similarly complicated Princeton-style offense being instituted by Brown.

Source

Comment

i can see the argument for Phil Jackson... as he's coached many teams with i've hated with all my soul... which pretty much means he's a great coach..

but didnt he have health issues his last season which prevented him travelling with the team sometimes?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            frig... i wish we had proper bookies in Toronto.... i'd love to put some money down on Kobe breaking his career scoring high this season
            Becoming this season's scoring champ I can go along with, but averaging over 35 a game? No way.

Comment

i can see the argument for Phil Jackson... as he's coached many teams with i've hated with all my soul... which pretty much means he's a great coach..

but didnt he have health issues his last season which prevented him travelling with the team sometimes?
              They were even talking about weird constructions if he came back, like not travelling to all away games and such. D'Antoni is a great fit. I think he's a great coach who in my opinion didn't do that bad on defense (as some suggest) considering he had players like Stoudemire and Nash.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                Becoming this season's scoring champ I can go along with, but averaging over 35 a game? No way.
                i meant his single game high... not his average..

i'm not sure how it is in NL... but when i was in the UK, they have bookies everywhere you look, and you can bet on the most mundane shit like "what color socks is kobe going to wear"

i'm not saying the chances of him beating his 81 point game are high... but if it's going to happen, d'antoni is the coach to steer him there... i'd put a fiver on it for shits and giggles

Comment

i meant his single game high... not his average..

i'm not sure how it is in NL... but when i was in the UK, they have bookies everywhere you look, and you can bet on the most mundane shit like "what color socks is kobe going to wear"

i'm not saying the chances of him beating his 81 point game are high... but if it's going to happen, d'antoni is the coach to steer him there... i'd put a fiver on it for shits and giggles
                  UK is crazy, nothing like that going on here. In China (and other parts of the world in that direction) it's even worse with lots of sport competitions all over the world influenced by bribing scandals. There have been many gambling scandals the last years with players purposely throwing away games. It's really crazy to see some games.

Comment

Working...
                  X