What's the Deal With Marco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Deal With Marco?

Hmmm ..... so in the last 5 games he's played a total of 19 minutes. Is Belinelli sleeping with Jay's wife again? Why all of a sudden is Marco back in Triano's doghouse? I don't get it.

For most of this season he's been a spark off the bench, so much that at times I'd prefer if Jay used Marco more than DeMar. Belinelli's defense is no worse than DeRozan's but at least Marco can create on offense.

So, any of you have any ideas as to why the sudden benching of Belinelli?

He *was* on a roll for awhile. But he doesn't understand that it's a team game sometimes. When he gets in, he's hungry to "get his shots" - forcing them. You just shouldn't be fading sideways while shooting a three. See Antoine Wright. He patiently waits for right shot. Belinelli could be a nice asset if he understood his limitations and became a better teammate. Note how Weems is *getting* a bit better in terms of understanding when to shoot. And Weems is embracing his role on D and rebounding.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

He sucks. People were heralding his arrival and I still don't get it. He's no better than Kapono, same style, same fluctuation.

Comment

Do you remember how Jay fixed Wright's attitude? Wright use to be one of the most hated players on the roster, Jay sat him out for 5 straight games, and now look at him, he is a fan favourite.

Personally I like what Jay is doing to Belli, this guy needs to understand his roll, he is no Wade or James, he needs open shots to score, not covered fade away shots from the three.. Trust me I think Belli will learn his lesson one day, and become a producer again soon.
        Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

AltRaps wrote: View Post
          He sucks. People were heralding his arrival and I still don't get it. He's no better than Kapono, same style, same fluctuation.
          You lost all credibility when you compared him to Kapono. Marco is a poor poor man's version to Manu Ginobilli. Whereas Manu has mastered his skills time and time again, Marco only embarasses himself playing and looking out-of-control.

Comment

^^

Yea it definitely doesn't help that the moment the guy gets airborne he's toppling over. Maybe his head is too heavy?

Marco has the talent and potential to be a very very effective 6th man. He just needs to work on his skills.

Comment

He lost his spot in the rotation..
              Weems played great in extended minutes, and Wright has steped up too.
              With Demar the starter there just isnt enough minutes for Marco

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                He lost his spot in the rotation..
                Weems played great in extended minutes, and Wright has steped up too.
                With Demar the starter there just isnt enough minutes for Marco
                I understand that, but why does DeMar deserve the starter spot? It's not like he's played any better than Weems or Marco. Or do you think Jay's keeping him in for consistency purposes?

Comment

Simple case of NBA growing pains.

I am sure the Raptors staff in the offseason will take Belli aside and ask him to work on specifics in his game just like they did with Bargs. Belli should bounce back by next season.

European players tend to have bad habits that do not translate well into the NBA. It took Bargs 3 seasons to get it and Turkoglu 5 seasons to get it and I think Belli will eventually get that he shouldn't be running and forcing shots but become patient and let the game come to him,

Comment

Been saying since the first time I saw him play: he's feast or famine. Until a coach sits him down and points out how terrible his shot-selection can be, he's always going to think it's OK to jack up terrible shots. When they go in, they interview him post-game and talk about what a great shooter he is and how crazy his off-balance shots are. When they don't (which is most of the time), he's a non-factor who can't even get off the bench. Triano needs to intervene more than he has been doing.

After the Lakers game they asked Jay if he ever works with Marco on his shot mechanics and selection, he flat out said 'No'. That to me is one of the main reasons why Marco hasn't been able to find a consistent gear - no direction from coaching staff, not here or in GSW.

Comment

If JT was in fact being honest (since I also heard Marco saying that he doesnt plan on changing his shot..and that many have tried!) then bad on them. It must be hell to have to (at this level and in mid season) attempt to change the fundamental mechanics of one's shot. But my take is that JT and the coaches (is that shooting consultant still around?) are in fact trying to have him change but he is not being receptive...hence the sitdown. It's unfortunate because he does have well rounded skills and if he cannot be counted on his shot he will continue to be an end-of-bench player or out of the league.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        I understand that, but why does DeMar deserve the starter spot? It's not like he's played any better than Weems or Marco. Or do you think Jay's keeping him in for consistency purposes?
                        I really think Jay doesnt want to mess with his lineups, so keeping Demar in the starting spot wont mess up his bench or the "chemistry" they have.

That being said i think Demar could be better than Weems and Marco (right now). I really think Triano isnt using him properly. He takes him, out sits him for 11 minutes, then plugs him back in the last minute of the quarter.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

After the Lakers game they asked Jay if he ever works with Marco on his shot mechanics and selection, he flat out said 'No'. That to me is one of the main reasons why Marco hasn't been able to find a consistent gear - no direction from coaching staff, not here or in GSW.
                          Marco works on his mechanics with Hopla whenever he's with the team. There is another article (I can't find) that discusses the coaches work with Beli to keep his head level when he shoots. Lately, he's reverted to tilting his head back as he releases his shot, which is likely why he's been cold.

source

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            DeMar doesn't deserve the starting spot, but neither does Marco. If anybody deserves that starting shooting guard spot it is Antoine Wright. When it comes to the next spot in the wing rotation its a bit of a crap shoot. DeMar, Weems, and Marco all continue to show flashes of brilliance, but can often leave us scratching our heads. I think DeMar gets his minutes because he has been the most consistent of the three this year. Marco has been better on the offensive end, but DeMar is a slightly better defender, and doesn't force the issue on the offensive end, like Marco does at times. Also, future potential has a lot to do with it. DeMar is a 20 year old athletic freak, who has a very high ceiling, and getting him minutes is crucial to him reaching that potential.
                            I Am Shutup

Comment

spark? hes more like one of those lightbulbs that kind of flicker on and off.

Comment

Working...
                              X