Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Because I am a Raptor fan 1st, and I care about getting the best deal for my team.

Besides, I don't like Gay this year, and don't want to sell myself false hope.
    false hope=raptors since '06

it's why I don't feel compelled to watch the games anymore.

we should get gay, b/c I couldn't care less about waiting for a better oppurtunity to arise.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6ua2xh

3 team trade why not.....
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
          You are taking away financial flexibility and the ability to improve.

My understanding is Memphis is not capable of being a luxury tax team so they are looking to get improve overall depth by sharing Gay's contract over multiple players.

Right now they are what they are and they have little opportunity to change or get better with 4 big contracts of Conley, Gay, Z-Bo, and Gasol. Not to mention Allen is a free agent and many reports cite him as the heart of the team.

Comment

• Hahaha Tucas. Sounds like the "What About Derozan" guy
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Ross for Gay

According to a source, (Realgm), that the Grizzlies are apparently interested in our rookie Terrence Ross but Colangelo stated clearly that he's untouchable. I personally think Ross should be dealt while he's on the rise while we keep Ed Davis and find another team for Calderon. I like the lineups of

Lowry
              DeRozan
              Gay
              Davis
              Val

as opposed to

Lowry
              DeRozan
              Gay
              Bargs
              Val

Then we can try to move Bargs + Lowry for an elite PG in Rondo or Jennings and a backup SG. In this league, it's easy to find a backup SG but a well established PF (who took three years to get his act going) in Ed Davis is rare in NBA these days. We will have to loose a pick though and let's hope it's the 2014 pick.

Comment

• euhh no id keep ross he is better than derozan and if he had starter minutes he would be in rookie on the year talk

i wanna ad if the wanted derozan id do it

Comment

• Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!
                    +1

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!
                      I agree with this. Ross is a keeper.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If/when the Gay trade goes down, I really think it could be just the first domino to fall.

As much as I have supported Bargnani in the past, I can't fathom him remaining with this team long-term, as part of a PF rotation with Amir.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raps push a Bargnani trade even harder; perhaps rekindling trade talks with LA for Gasol. Or maybe DeRozan gets shopped, perhaps in a deal with Utah for Millsap.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If/when the Gay trade goes down, I really think it could be just the first domino to fall.

As much as I have supported Bargnani in the past, I can't fathom him remaining with this team long-term, as part of a PF rotation with Amir.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raps push a Bargnani trade even harder; perhaps rekindling trade talks with LA for Gasol. Or maybe DeRozan gets shopped, perhaps in a deal with Utah for Millsap.
                          Just remember that AB isnt going to be traded so that idea is out the window.

Comment

• I dont get why everyone wants deRozan gone so bad he isnt part of the teams problem. He has brought a lot to the team this year.

Comment

• Ross > Demar if this trade requires one of them.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                I dont get why everyone wants deRozan gone so bad he isnt part of the teams problem. He has brought a lot to the team this year.
                                Yes, but first of all, it only sweetens an already bargain deal for Memphis if they really want a good, solid returning piece.
                                Second, Terrence Ross potential and skill set better for the future and this team's system if acquiring Rudy Gay.
                                Third, Ross is automatically given playing time to develop and nurture his skills for the team. He has star potential vs. Derozan's all-star potential.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X