Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    First of all, Philly and Boston shouldn't even be in this discussion. They're all about the lottery this year. I give them 0 chance of overtaking the Raptors in the division/standings.

As for the Nets winning streak? don't let it fool you. They're a bad team. They caught the Warriors at the right time last night. Warriors looked tired. 2nd game of the back to back. Last game of their 7 game Eastern Conference road trip.

Knicks are the ONLY team in the division the Raps should be worry about.
    Boston are all about the tank yeah, but they do have Rondo due back from injury very soon so they could move up unless they trade him. Ainge is probably one of the more active GM's right now!

Oh, just noticed Brooklyn are the 8th seed in the East now.... That is simply disgusting.

Comment

lol
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post

lol
        Bargnani had no intentions to do a reverse dunk when he 1st caught the ball haha
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          Bargnani had no intentions to do a reverse dunk when he 1st caught the ball haha
          He just makes everything look so awkward.
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Must Read. He didn't hold back

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...055612473.html

Comment

Battle of the Atlantic

TRex wrote: View Post
              Because the Raps started the season like a tanking team. 6-13 with Rudy Gay. 11-4 after the trade.
              Yes I know. But 11-4 isn't indicative of where our projected wins is actually going to be.

Unless you think we're actually gonna be a consistent .733 team which is ludicrous. Those are miami/Indiana/San Antonio/portland/OKC aka contenders numbers.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Sorry if this has been posted already, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Must Read. He didn't hold back

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...055612473.html
                Yeah, I read that too. Made me laugh actually. What a sad case.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

With a strong and consistent defensive effort like we've seen since the Rudy trade, it really shouldn't be that difficult for the Raps to play .600 - .650 ball for the remainder of the schedule, and that should be plenty to secure the 4th and possibly 3rd seed.
                  Brooklyn has to go 27-20 to finish .500, and 31-16 to reach 45 wins. The Knicks have to finish 28-19 to reach .500 and 32-15 to reach 45 wins. Raps have to go 24-24 to finish .500 and 28-20 to reach 45 wins. With the schedule easing up and not a lot of + .500 teams left on the schedule, I'm hoping and expecting this team will net btw 45 and 50 wins. Go Raps!!

Comment

knicks.. nets..

they are starting to play well. 9-1 combines in 2014 should we be worried?
                    Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

I'm going to say no. I think the way the Raps have been playing is more sustainable over the remainder of the schedule than the way these teams have been playing for the remainder of their schedules. I will say that I would not want to meet the Nets in the 1st round, if they are healthy with an experienced KG and PP on the court, they will be a tough out.

Comment

I'm embracing the competition. The last thing I want is a division crown that's basically gift-wrapped to us.

If the Knicks/Nets keep winning, it'll give Ujiri a better idea of how the Raptors stack up.

We're the current leaders. The ball's in our court. If we stumble, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Comment

It's ridiculous that people were/are declaring the Raptors a third seed with almost 50 games left to be played. The season is a long way from over..... Post All-Star break, Brooklyn and probably even the Knicks will make serious runs.

Comment

Not at all. The Knicks have JR and the Nets? Well, they're the Nets.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Not at all. The Knicks have JR and the Nets? Well, they're the Nets.
                              If he doesn't play, he can't have an direct effect on the court.

And so far they're a net positive without him!
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Even if the Knicks some how catch up and win the Atlantic.. I still see Toronto in the top 8 (assuming they keep Lowry). Brooklyn is playing well but they still lack depth at Center.. and KG/Pierce will eventually have to rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X