The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    The only concern I have over Exum is that he's built like a SG. Can he play PG in the NBA? How would we fair against smaller PG's? Is he quick enough to keep up?

He's one of the three guys I would consider trading JV for (Wiggins and Parker being the other two). So I'm pretty high on him.
    i don't share your concern. i think he is a brilliant point guard. lavine is a better shooter but exum can improve. i like exum for his leadership and vision. he looks like a champ and a piece to build around and someone that would fit ujiri and stay long term in toronto. i think lavine is good but i wouldn't tank for him.
    what do you guys think is a threshold for a successful tank? 1-8. Obviously if you get the player you want at 9+ it's a mute point but i mean generally speaking. Perhaps some people think 1-5, etc.?
    maybe this question has been posed earlier?

Comment

• With the current win streak, the realization of that top 5 pick has become a bit more tenuous, I'd say. We should be pondering the likes of Cauley-Stein or Hood for that mid round pick.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        hey matt, your boy lavine is projected 5th pick on nbadraft.net. he's sky rocketing now. exum is 6th. i'm still higher on exum myself. thoughts?
        Y'all know my stance about tanking. But i really want Zach LaVine on this team next year. He's really good.

Dream scenario - Playoffs + a top 10 pick.
        Last edited by The Great One; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 06:11 PM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          With the current win streak, the realization of that top 5 pick has become a bit more tenuous, I'd say. We should be pondering the likes of Cauley-Stein or Hood for that mid round pick.
          i like both those players to an extent. i agree their new situation is a little precarious and the options are flexible. however, masai doesn't want to stay in the middle (where you are projecting them "mid-round") so he's gotta tank for the lottery or aim for first in the div and 4th seed. there arguments for both but i think the strength of this year's draft vs. lack of meaningful competition dictates that the former is a better option than the latter. we shall see...

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            With the current win streak, the realization of that top 5 pick has become a bit more tenuous, I'd say. We should be pondering the likes of Cauley-Stein or Hood for that mid round pick.
            Agreed the streak in not going according to plan if tanking is the plan or maybe MU trades and lowry and gets a first round pick and then pakcages our own pick and the one in the treade to get a top 10 pick that would not be bad at all and we would also make the playoffd DD and JV would get a feel for playoffs basketball as well

Comment

• How 'bout trading our pick

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                How 'bout trading our pick
                Dude are you insane???
                We shouldn't man! We can definitely find talent anywhere we pick! We need rookie deals if we are gonna build a team through FA or through drafts... Should never trade out of a draft especially a draft as hyped as this one.

Unless ofcourse a disgruntled superstar with 2 or 3 years left on his contract requests a trade and happy to land with the Raps.. Then yes! By all means we should trade our pick to acquire. But we don't see anything like that now... So stay the course and lets do it trough draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not a Hood fan at all
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    How 'bout trading our pick
                    Nice try, Bryan Colangelo

Comment

• Top PG prospects in draft according to HoopsWorld.com:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-d...slideIdslide-0

10) Elfrid Payton - Louisiana Lafayette
                      9) Russ Smith - Louisville
                      8) Kasey Hill - Florida
                      7) Tyler Ennis - Syracuse
                      6) Semaj Christon - Xavier
                      5) Vasilije Micic - Serbia
                      4) Andrew Harrison - Kentucky
                      3) Jahii Carson - Arizona State
                      2) Marcus Smart - Oklahoma State
                      1) Dante Exum - Australia

Funny enough, I've been a huge fan in Micic and now the Raps seem to have him; his name is Vasquez though.

Comment

• Greeat matchup this thursday. UCLA vs Duke. LaVine vs Parker.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Greeat matchup this thursday. UCLA vs Duke. LaVine vs Parker.
                          Nice look ahead!

I wonder if Ujiri will be there.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Top PG prospects in draft according to HoopsWorld.com:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-d...slideIdslide-0

10) Elfrid Payton - Louisiana Lafayette
                            9) Russ Smith - Louisville
                            8) Kasey Hill - Florida
                            7) Tyler Ennis - Syracuse
                            6) Semaj Christon - Xavier
                            5) Vasilije Micic - Serbia
                            4) Andrew Harrison - Kentucky
                            3) Jahii Carson - Arizona State
                            2) Marcus Smart - Oklahoma State
                            1) Dante Exum - Australia

Funny enough, I've been a huge fan in Micic and now the Raps seem to have him; his name is Vasquez though.
                            Semaj christon is the most underrated guy on that list
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                              Semaj christon is the most underrated guy on that list
                              Good see Tyler enis on that list the way he has started this season wont be surprised if he is top 5 PG by then

Comment

• Would you guys prefer 2 #6-10 picks this year or one #2-4?

I think this class might be deeper than it is top heavy.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X