DeMar DeRozan and Michael Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar DeRozan and Michael Jackson?

Apparently DeMar DeRozan is planning on using elements of Thriller in one of his dunks.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/11/michae...k-contest-nba/

yes, TMZ is breaking sports stories now.

Anyways, do you think this will help or hurt his chances? On one hand, everyone loves MJ and this could be cool. On the other hand, if this isnt done right, it could look very hokey and pretty lame.

bayanmn wrote: View Post
    Apparently DeMar DeRozan is planning on using elements of Thriller in one of his dunks.
    Well it does make things more interesting.

This thing can only go two ways: either a great success or a major fail.

Comment

Awesome idea. It's very timely. Dallas, DeMar is gonna "terrorize y'alls neighborhood".

Comment

Maybe he'll wear a glove and have Billie Jean play while dunking and sipping from a Pepsi can simultaneously.

Comment

It says "Thriller" so expect a choreographed zombie dance routine.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            It says "Thriller" so expect a choreographed zombie dance routine.
            That would be pretty funny.

Whatever happened to just dunking though? The competition is all about the gimmicks now. Its actually pretty pathetic.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Whatever happened to just dunking though? The competition is all about the gimmicks now. Its actually pretty pathetic.
              Gerald Green's "birthday candle" dunk was wack. And than D12's Superman costume was a bad joke.

If DD is planning on getting in costume and using somekind of zombie prop in his "thriller" dunk, I'm sure it'll be exciting and entertaining, but it'll be another cheesy gimmick dunk.
              RR OG

Comment

Unless he is just planning on using the song "Thriller" and using the glowing eyes that Michael had at the end of the video, this is going to look incredibly cheesy and shouldn't be done.

Dwight coming out with the superman cape two years ago was about as far as someone should go. The whole phonebooth thing was over the top and ruined the contest IMO.

Think of the best contests ever, did anyone use any props? VC and T-Mac teaming up on the bounce, under the leg dunk? Michael vs. 'Nique didn't need any props. When Spud Webb dazzled everyone with his dunks, no props. Once you have to start bringing in props and outfits to sell your dunks, it's gone beyond athleticism and creativity to who can bring the funniest or corniest dunk, which shouldn't be what the contest is about.

I do realize that it is getting harder and harder to come up with anything new. A 360 or foul line dunk used to be the big crazy dunk, now they are used in the preliminary rounds. Under the leg was a huge dunk, now guys are lobbing it, catching it and putting it under their leg with a reverse dunk. Jumping over people was big too, but it's getting boring now. I have to say that players are getting more and more athletic and doing dunks that won contests years ago with ease. The creativity should be about doing more difficult dunks, not adding more theatrics or props to a normal dunk.

Comment

Demar set up left side baseline; runs towards the right, jumps-up, grabs the rim and swings under; once under and passed the rim he lets go; receives a lob from the right side near the stands; comes from under the rim, gets the ball in mid air, turns 180, and dunks.

I put this up for one of the questions to Demar, but I truly think that he would go down in the records if he pulled this off. No bells or whistles needed.
                  Last edited by Jive; Thu Feb 11, 2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Rasheed Wallace "The NBA is all about entertainment"

I say "DD go for it"
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jive wrote: View Post
                      Demar set up left side baseline; runs towards the right, jumps-up, grabs the rim and swings under; once under and passed the rim he lets go; receives a lob from the right side near the stands; comes from under the rim, gets the ball in mid air, turns 180, and dunks.

I put this up for one of the questions to Demar, but I truly think that he would go down in the records if he pulled this off. No bells or whistles needed.
                      I don't know. That's using the rim to swing off of to get more air, kinda cheating. We used to do this type of thing by grabbing the rim on the left with your left hand and swinging under the rim and dunk with your right hand. It would always give the dunker another 5 inches of height on their dunk. Always made the dunk more emphatic, but people knew you were pulling yourself up on the rim so didn't get great scores.

Comment

great.. whats he gonna do grab his balls and go "chimone". cmon i'm tired of this michaerl jackson bull shit. enough is enough. the dudes dead and hes never been in more headlines in his life. except maybe when he was "accused" of raping little boys and when he started turning white and getting real weird.

but, i digress.all i'm saying is move on. it's been like half a year
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They play a lot of MJ and J5 at the ACC during TO's and such.

Anyway, I don't hear DeMar crying about MJ being dead. If the man wants to pay homage to one of the music all-time greats then step aside and let him moon walk to a reverse jam. I'd rather that than see some grown man running around and a childrens Halloween costume.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 11, 2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

oh, i'm not saying demar shouldnt pay tribute he could do what he wants. but, tmz is just going to blow it out of proportion and bullshit. plus, it will really take out some of the suspense when he does it because you'll probably know the exact moment he does it. unless he hides it reall well.

anyways should be exciting.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
                              I don't know. That's using the rim to swing off of to get more air, kinda cheating. We used to do this type of thing by grabbing the rim on the left with your left hand and swinging under the rim and dunk with your right hand. It would always give the dunker another 5 inches of height on their dunk. Always made the dunk more emphatic, but people knew you were pulling yourself up on the rim so didn't get great scores.
                              I can see your point but the idea is that he would swinging away from the basket going right. He wouldn't be holding onto the rim at all when he recieves the lob.

Comment

Working...
                              X