Amir at the weed store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    amir is a boss , I dont care if he smokes weed once in a while . Its way healthier for you then alcohol and anyone who thinks it isn't doesn't know the facts about weed
    Weed isn't "healthy" for anyone. It's simply less destructive than alcohol.

Comment

ahoang wrote: View Post
      Dude walks out of a head shop and were all worries he's addicted to weed??

In regards to the whole random drug testing thing, I worry about how Portland and Denver players handle it. Pull a Ross Rabagliatti and be like shii it's part of the culture here! It's legal, I was at a party and had some second hand!

Also anyone who thinks weed is a PED has clearly never smoked lol
      LBF wrote: View Post
      You don't know what you're talking about, if you don't think it's a PED
      LBF, maybe elaborate on this thought, instead of just bluntly saying he doesn't know what he's talking about. I happen to agree with him. Smoking a joint before playing a game is not going to give anyone an unfair advantage.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Weed isn't "healthy" for anyone. It's simply less destructive than alcohol.
        Its the only one, out of Booze and Cigarettes etc., that offers "medicinal benefits" though.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Its the only one, out of Booze and Cigarettes etc., that offers "medicinal benefits" though.
          Not totally true...ever hear of the health benefits of red wine?

Seriously though, in terms of direct and indirect harm....nothing's as bad as alcohol

Comment

That's true. It dulls pain/nausea caused by chemotherapy, which is why it's sometimes prescribed to cancer patients. But that's very different from saying it's "healthy"

Comment

Actually, Jägermeister has medicinal benefits too. A shot of it helps with an upset stomach. My father was given it growing up in Germany. At first I thought he was full of shit, but tried it myself and it does actually work. All of the herbs and spices help calm an upset stomach.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                Actually, Jägermeister has medicinal benefits too. A shot of it helps with an upset stomach. My father was given it growing up in Germany. At first I thought he was full of shit, but tried it myself and it does actually work. All of the herbs and spices help calm an upset stomach.
                Placebo effect!

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Very good point actually. Pretty sure they used Jager for cough medicine even. Haha

Comment

LBF, maybe elaborate on this thought, instead of just bluntly saying he doesn't know what he's talking about. I happen to agree with him. Smoking a joint before playing a game is not going to give anyone an unfair advantage.
                    Well, Joey. If you will aloww it. I'll have these fine gentlemen elobarate on my point for me.

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    Weed affects different people in different ways, and a lot depends on whether you become addicted to it and rely upon it. I could tell you stories of people that have been very successful, in different fields, while smoking up every day, along with other stories of people that totally failed in life because smoking up became a priority.
                    p00ka wrote: View Post
                    ha, was going to say the same. Plus, only way it could possibly be performance enhancing is if being used to treat an anxiety disorder. Hmmmmm, maybe that's Beasley's problem, and maybe the Sixers ought to consider for Royce White's meds
                    Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    There was a guy in my men's league team who showed up chewed every game and played well. If his eyes weren't bloodshot, we'd be in for a long night
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Well, Joey. If you will aloww it. I'll have these fine gentlemen elobarate on my point for me.
                      I think the anxiety argument is a bit off, however. Someone like Royce White is at an unfair disadvantage by having to deal with his anxiety. So to be able to smoke a joint to aid in that, would only be leveling the playing field.

And someone could argue that eating Pasta and drinking coffee before a game helps them play better. Doesn't make it a PED.

Comment

It enhances their performance, does it not?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

It enhances their performance, does it not?
                          Tylenol might "enhance" their performance. Once again, does not make it a PED.

Comment

Tylenol might "enhance" their performance. Once again, does not make it a PED.
                            It's a drug and it enhances their performance. That's all the words that make up PED.

Comment

It's a drug and it enhances their performance. That's all the words that make up PED.
                              Ok now you're just being a smart-ass. :P

When I say PED (and most everyone else as well) I am referring to banned substances.
                              Of which, Tylenol, Coffee or Pasta, or not. And for that matter, neither is having a beer.
                              I'd put pot in the same catergory.

Comment

No, I'm not being a smart ass. I'm trying to prove the point and asking; where do you draw the line?

Comment

Working...
                                X