Is JV a potential franchise player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is JV a potential franchise player?

With all the accolades JV has gotten in Europe, and the hype that surrounds his NBA debut, do you think JV has the potential to be the Raps franchise player?

Do you think with JV as a cornerstone, the Raps can be a contender?

Yes. I think JV and A.Davis have similar strengths and ability to impact the game on the defensive end. I personally prefer to have that defensive anchor at the C position as opposed to PF, so that's a small advantage in JV's favor. I look forward to being able to compare these two players against common opponents next season.

Comment

BC is refusing to draft Anthony Davis if he gets the chance
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

the reason is he is too hard to market....his face on all the posters will frighten the children and attract hillbillies from the outskirts to come and see games. The last thing you want is people from Aylmer driving in for games
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          BC is refusing to draft Anthony Davis if he gets the chance
          Where did you hear/read that? Source??? Or just your speculation?

Nevermind, I should have kept reading before replying. lol

You mean you can't envision Devlin's next go-to phrase catching on... "POW goes the unibrow! Another thunderous dunk from Davis!"???

Comment

They could give everyone fake unibrows before games
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

all the kids with unibrows would finally have a hero and somebody to make them realize people will hate on it but it doesn't even matter because it wont change them!
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

To me "Franchise Players" are Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Dwight, and had been Duncan. Can Jonas be an allstar sure, will he be a player described as being one of the best ever, I am not so sure on that. I am hoping for a Andrew Bogut/Brad Daugherty type player. Not really a franchise player, but one hell of a piece moving forward.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  To me "Franchise Players" are Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Dwight, and had been Duncan. Can Jonas be an allstar sure, will he be a player described as being one of the best ever, I am not so sure on that. I am hoping for a Andrew Bogut/Brad Daugherty type player. Not really a franchise player, but one hell of a piece moving forward.
                  My "Yes" answer had less to do with the thread's title and more to do with the last line of tbihis' original message:

tbihis wrote: View Post

Comment

JV is tossed under the bus by multiple posters in here by the end of December 2012. Book it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      JV is tossed under the bus by multiple posters in here by the end of December 2012. Book it.
                      Only because Ed Davis and Aaron Gray are trapped under it and the only Raptor with super human strength to lift it off is Jonas
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

We're all going to be horribly disappointed when big Val doesn't average a quadruple double as a rookie
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          We're all going to be horribly disappointed when big Val doesn't average a quadruple double as a rookie
                          Why you trying to hold him back, quintuple double, quintuple double...
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

With all the accolades JV has gotten in Europe, and the hype that surrounds his NBA debut, do you think JV has the potential to be the Raps franchise player?

So, the last 3 NBA franchise centers have been Shaq, Yao, and Howard. Personally, I would also count Duncan but everyone calls him a PF, so he's out. I haven't seen enough of JV to say but the three guys above are/were so good that they distort the game. Your entire defense and offense needs to be adjusted to account for them. Not sure Valanciunas is that good.

A cornerstone? Sure, if you pair him up with a dynamic wing and surround them with shooters you've got the makings of a decent team.

Comment

No; I think he will be a minor star at best.

Yes, minor stars are pretty darn good players. I believe if you have three such players in addition to complementary rotation players, you have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X