Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Tim, I hope I did not come across as a smart ass, I did not mean to correct you, I just wanted to add the little tid bit of info that I knew
    Well, you're probably asking the wrong person, since, for a while, I thought "smartass" was my nickname since so many people called me it. To me, though, not at all. It was interesting to see that. I knew that `local' television rights went to the team, but I wasn't aware that local merchandising sales did, to. I appreciated the info.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I am not entirely clear if its just team related rights, or all NBA merchandising rights. Raptors TV, did turn into NBATV Canada and curiously those are Raptors zoning rights, so its entirely possible. Also my understanding was that Raptors invested large money in HD cameras to spice up the content on that channel. From what I recall this was entirely a team investment, so this NBA Canada, wrapping may be there so that it draws ALL Canadian basketball fans, even the ones that do not like the Raptors.

(This one will be fun to look into)

Comment

• Cheese416 wrote: View Post
        the only downside Toronto will have in this trade is Gay's lack of jersey sales
        Hey, you're talking about TO, I think the sales would be huge especially just before parade time.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Raptors Outbound: Bargnani, Calderon and Barbosa
          Raptors Inbound: Rudy Gay, James Posey and Dahntay Jones

Comment

• What, and give up this?

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Teams in the East need to say: "We've got to compete with LeBron and Wade at the 2-3 for the next 5-10 years".

That means you need athletes at the 2 & 3 ... DeMar and Rudy are sure athletes, but James Johnson may have more 'nasty' on defence.

The biggest issue with this trade is that Memphis extended Z-Bo, and will likely re-sign Gasol ... So, Bargnani as a $10M bench player on a team looking to shed costs? Probably not a perfect fit. Rudy's deal is bigger, but they may be looking for more cost savings.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• There are 96 minutes up for grabs at the 4 and 5. Zach eats up 36MPG, Marc eats up 32MPG which means there's 28 still in play. It could work well if Marc and Andrea do a 30MPG time share. Andrea would complement Zach's powerful inside game very well.

Comment

• it'd give memphis the best frontcourt in the league
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    What, and give up this?
                    who's the smurf? could be our pg of the future getting in some p 'n r practice time with the big boy in cabo

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      it'd give memphis the best frontcourt in the league
                      It would. They have the situation I've been saying for years that a team needs to allow Bargnani to thrive in his natural playing style. Not only that but Mayo plays alot like Barbosa and I don't think there would be any drop off given that Mayo was given a reduced role all season in Memphis. Also they play a lot of half court and so Calderon's cautious, patient style of play would fit well in their system. Memphis would give up the best player in the deal but they land three guys who fill needs or complement very nicely the core they already have. It would put them at least one step forward, maybe a couple.

Comment

• I doubt this is going to happen. it`s the only website to have any information, no one else is even bringing up the rumour. I think it`s just someone making crap up

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                          Hey, you're talking about TO, I think the sales would be huge especially just before parade time.
                          no he means that on the back it would say "Gay". So no one would buy it

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            no he means that on the back it would say "Gay". So no one would buy it
                            And dzoni71 was referring to the 'Gay Pride' parades in which Toronto hosts every year. hahah

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              And dzoni71 was referring to the 'Gay Pride' parades in which Toronto hosts every year. hahah
                              oh... i stand corrected

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                I would have to think that the Grizz also get Toronto's pick. For them to give up Mayo, Gay and Henry and only get back Bargnani, Barbosa and George is crazy. I mean, I know the Grizz have a lot of financial committments upcoming with Gasol, but the price is too much. Are they thinking of moving Bargnani to the 3? I guess that's what it seems.
                                Naw they'll have Bargs as the 6th man.
                                Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X