Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.
    How in the world does that rise BC's stock? He's trying to hire a coach for his staff, it's not Sloan, it's not Jackson, it's not Van Gundy.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      How in the world does that rise BC's stock? He's trying to hire a coach for his staff, it's not Sloan, it's not Jackson, it's not Van Gundy.
      I guess stretch means that they won't allow BC to do the hiring if they intend to part ways with him shortly.

Comment

BC is interviewing Ty Lue for an assistant coaching position.
        ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
        Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I guess stretch means that they won't allow BC to do the hiring if they intend to part ways with him shortly.
        Who is to say BC contacted the Celtics?

Who is to say BC was not directed to contact the Celtics about Lue - assuming he was the one to contact?

Who is to say BC is not going about his daily duties which include hiring of coaching staff and will continue to do so until he is told otherwise?

Who is to say Lue is not turning heads around the league and is actually a valuable coaching asset?

Who is to say BC is not one smart mothaf*cka and looking to add elements of the Zen Master to impress his new boss and maybe even the Zen Master himself?

As I said earlier, speculation is fun.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Who is to say BC contacted the Celtics?

Who is to say BC was not directed to contact the Celtics about Lue - assuming he was the one to contact?

Who is to say BC is not going about his daily duties which include hiring of coaching staff and will continue to do so until he is told otherwise?

Who is to say Lue is not turning heads around the league and is actually a valuable coaching asset?

Who is to say BC is not one smart mothaf*cka and looking to add elements of the Zen Master to impress his new boss and maybe even the Zen Master himself?

As I said earlier, speculation is fun.
          The bold is really all I care about. All the other things may be true. Since it is a coaching staff addition, it is also possible this is at Casey's request. But in the end, I'm just happy if the team is being active trying to bring someone in they think can help. Really, even though we're not the Bobcats, we need all the help we can get.

Comment

• The front office is initiating contact with a Celtics assistant. Last time I looked BC is running the show. No speculation there.

Comment

The front office is initiating contact with a Celtics assistant. Last time I looked BC is running the show. No speculation there.
              Is he?

What if BC had been told after May 7th meeting, "Sit on your hands for a couple of days until we make a decision."

What if someone above Colangelo told Stefanski to contact the Celtics?

.... And quite trying to kill the speculating fun!

Comment

• Decision this week ...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Is he?

What if BC had been told after May 7th meeting, "Sit on your hands for a couple of days until we make a decision."

What if someone above Colangelo told Stefanski to contact the Celtics?

.... And quite trying to kill the speculating fun!
                  OK, I get it, now.

So Phil is being hired.

Ty Lu is offensive coordinator for new coach Brian Shaw.

Life is good.....

Comment

• Oh boy. I cannot wait for the "Colangelo Fired" thread.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Oh boy. I cannot wait for the "Colangelo Fired" thread.
                      You'll be waiting a year :P

Comment

• No Raps news will be coming till June 30th. Nothing but speculation right now.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          No Raps news will be coming till June 30th. Nothing but speculation right now.
                          No reason to stop posting because of that.

Comment

• What I hate about this is the perception I get that they feel like if Phil Jackson is out, then they consider Colangelo a decent fallback guy. That could not be further from the truth. They should be getting rid of him regardless.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• All of this waiting for the announcement.. It doesn't make sense that he hasn't already been re-hired to me.

Comment

• Frank Zicarelli, Toronto Sun:

How can one write this:

At long last, it appears the fate of Bryan Colangelo will be resolved.

There are those who believe a decision will be made official by as early Monday.

Unofficially, Colangelo’s option year is expected to be picked up, a route many in basketball circles had anticipated in the days leading up to the Raptors’ season finale.

In the absence of an official announcement, there’s been no shortage of speculation surrounding Colangelo and the path new top dog Tim Leiweke wants to take a basketball franchise that has missed the post-season for five straight springs, a first for a team that has only advanced beyond the first round only once in its existence.
                                .... and a few paragraphs later write:

What the Raptors franchise needs is clarity in the executive suites and results on the hardwood, not exactly the hallmarks that have characterized the club in recent years.

With the NBA’s pre-draft camp set to open in Chicago on Wednesday, the process of connecting the dots is in full swing.

Bell CEO George Cope, who is said to be on Colangelo’s side, was knee deep into CRTC hearings involving the Astral-Bell merger deal.

Leiweke is only beginning to understand the landscape he inherited, but this big-thinking executive must realize no name, regardless of stature, can turn the Raptors overnight.

It’s why the decision to give Colangelo one more year seems so logical that it’s laughable why nothing has been done.

Comment

Working...
                                X