Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Hired As Raptors GM (post #780)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    Noticed a few "he might bring in this guy because he is Nigerian" comments.

1.) How many Canadian players do we have on our roster?

2.) Though likely not intended, it has the faint smell of racism.
    2B.) No I'm not calling anyone specific a racist, just pointing out that it can be taken that way.

3.) He may have been exposed to a few players internationally, but I doubt he would be nepotistic and choose them over a better player if one were available.
    Though I think it's dumb, it's not even close to being racist. Many people favour things they know better and/or are more accustomed to, that's the basis of thinking that.

Comment

• Fan 590 is reporting that he is firing a huge chunk of the scouting staff...looking for confirmation now...This is good news.

EDIT: Found the report.

Gone along with Stefanski are long-time scout Jim Kelly, pro scouting director, vice-president of pro scouting Dave Pendergraft and two regional college scouts.
      Link

I like this. These are very specific moves, rather than getting rid of every body. Only someone with knowledge of the team could make these moves. So relieved Kelly is gone. He's been with the Raptors forever... Wish him luck, but always wondered how he kept his job through so many regimes. He started with the team in 1994! What the hell!
      Last edited by blackjitsu; Sun Jun 2, 2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• He can interview for the Nuggets job!

Ujiri should try and lure his asst. in Denver Pete D'Alessandro who I understand is a cap guru and helped greatly with the Melo and multi team deals involving Nene, Afflalo, Bynum, McGee etc. He needs his own people.

Comment

• MLSE should at the very least inquire about the availability of Jerry Sloan. The guy is a legend coach:
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/...loanje01c.html

Short of that there is Nate McMillan:
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/...cmilna01c.html

Comment

• Nuggets fans dislike their coach, that's all I need to know, to not want him. Too many lessons proved me right, that if a person isn't welcomed in his team by the fans, then he won't be any better in TO.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Don't know much about this guy, but seems like Ujiri's fitting in nicely. Two guys gone in a matter of one day.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• This thread title should be changed to: Ujiri cleaning house!

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  There is more than one way to look at that. Some would say that with the talent Nelson usually had at his disposal, he had no business even being in the play-offs, but he got them there anyway. It's not like he had the luxury of playing small ball with LeBron, Wade and Bosh.
                  I don't know, I don't think his teams ever lacked enough talent to make the playoffs. He had excellent teams in Milwaukee early in his career. Then he had Run TMC in GSW, and drafted Webber there, but he (nor anybody at that time) couldn't manage Sprewell's personality which destroyed that team. Then Dallas where they were "rebuilding", but then he had Finley, Nowitzki and Nash all when they are at or nearing their prime, and easily enough talent to contend. And even his second stint in GSW, the team that made the playoffs as underdogs, then won 48 games the next year and missed them, was actually quite talented (B. Davis, Harrington, J-RIch, Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis...from who I can remember).

Comment

• Why would Karl come here? Does he need challenges at this point in his career? I am not sure he is completely free of his health issues either and there have been rumblings in Denver that Ujiri and Karl were starting to disagree on personnel (McGee) and possibly playing style issues.

Comment

• Ujiri is cleaning the house. I love it!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Ujiri is cleaning the house. I love it!
                        But wait! There's more!!

Comment

• Really happy about this.. the Raptors are blowing up their front office which is exactly what they needed to do.

Comment

• Damn that was fast.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• George Karl is not coming here.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wonder if Ujiri is in town. He isnt doing this long distance or by email is he?

And why arent our own intrepid ink stained wretches breaking such news...oh I forgot its the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X