Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs, DeMar & ED for DLee, Klay & Ezeli

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9ue4jkp

Toronto Raptors trade Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan and Ed Davis to the Golden State Warriors for David Lee, Klay Thompson and Festus Ezeli.

Why Golden State would to this?

In Bargs, they would get the perfect complement to center Andrew Bogut, as the big is a really good rebounder who bangs inside. Bargnani is more of a finesse post player who likes to play inside/out, to not say outside/in... Also, he's younger and clearly taller than Lee.

In DeMar, they would also get the perfect complement to Barnes. Harrison is a really good shooter and DeMar is more of an athletic force. He's a bit older than Klay Thompson so he would fit nicely in a playoff willing team like the Warriors.

As for Davis, they would get a really good backup at the 4 and 5 spots. He's young and he still got a lot of things to improve in his game, but he's surely more ready to contribute than the young Ezeli.

Why would Toronto do this?

In David Lee, they get a real power forward who will score and rebound at will. He's also a good playmaker out of the post. As for his defence, if Casey was able to make Bargnani play defense, Lee will probably be the next Ben Wallace (Only on defense ).

Klay Thompson is a really good shooter. That's what we want from our shooting guard. He's really young but he already knows the NBA game. Plus he ain't only a shooter. He's a team player and he can handle the ball really well.

Festus Ezeli would be the perfect 3rd center. He's a really strong and powerfull player. He can definitely bang down low and will probably be a good backup center in his career, if not a starter one day. Also, he's legit: 6'11, 255 lbs.

Let's take a look at both rosters after the trade:

Warriors:
    Andrew Bogut | Andris Biedrins | Jeremy Tyler
    Andrea Bargnani | Carl Landry | Ed Davis
    Harrison Barnes | Richard Jefferson | Draymond Green
    DeMar DeRozan | Brandon Rush | Kent Bazemore
    Stephen Curry | Jarrett Jack | Charles Jenkins

Raptors:
    Aaron Gray | Jonas Valanciunas | Festus Ezeli
    David Lee | Amir Johnson | Quincy Acy
    Landry Fields | Linas Kleiza
    Klay Thompson | Terrence Ross | Alan Anderson
    Kyle Lowry | Jose Calderon | John Lucas

What y'all folks be thinkin'?

give us Barnes instead of Ezeli, we will give you Kleiza instead of Davis

Comment

Yeah but really

Comment

Both in terms of talent and value, this is not a bad trade. If there's a problem, it could be with chemistry. Bargnani and Derozan have established themselves as our main offensive weapons. Now Lee and Thompson would have to assume that role. Could take some time but not impossible. We lose Bargnani's 3 point shooting but gain in Lee's superior rebounding. In time, Jonas and Lee could form a formidable front court combination. Overall, quite good.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          Both in terms of talent and value, this is not a bad trade. If there's a problem, it could be with chemistry. Bargnani and Derozan have established themselves as our main offensive weapons. Now Lee and Thompson would have to assume that role. Could take some time but not impossible. We lose Bargnani's 3 point shooting but gain in Lee's superior rebounding. In time, Jonas and Lee could form a formidable front court combination. Overall, quite good.
          Here's the thing now though, David Lee offensively is no where near Andrea Bargnani. He's a better rebounder, but otherwise, Bargnani is the better player. Lee earned an all-star being the number one option on a terrible, terrible New York team back when.

Klay Thompson is a good shooter, more skilled than Demar. The value between the trade is near equal, Demar with the edge with the higher ceiling, but Klay only entering his 2nd year, inexperience will be a factor on a team looking at the post season.

Looking at the two depth charts, there is no question Golden State wins the trade. As a Raptor supporter, I'm denying this. Otherwise, Golden State takes it and runs once again.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I know Bargs got injured and all that but fact is, statistically, Lee was overall a whole lot better than Andrea. +0.6 in points, +4.1 in rebounds, +0.8 in assists, +0.4 in steals, -0.1 in blocks. Better FG% by a large margin. I think he'd be a lot more effective than Bargnani, and I am a Bargs supporter.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Here's the thing now though, David Lee offensively is no where near Andrea Bargnani. He's a better rebounder, but otherwise, Bargnani is the better player. Lee earned an all-star being the number one option on a terrible, terrible New York team back when.

Klay Thompson is a good shooter, more skilled than Demar. The value between the trade is near equal, Demar with the edge with the higher ceiling, but Klay only entering his 2nd year, inexperience will be a factor on a team looking at the post season.

Looking at the two depth charts, there is no question Golden State wins the trade. As a Raptor supporter, I'm denying this. Otherwise, Golden State takes it and runs once again.
              This is how I analysed this Trade. a) Bargnani for Lee-Toronto wins. b) Derozan for Thompson(GS wins). c) Davis for Ezeli-Even.

a) Offensively without a doubt Bargnani is better but not by a lot. While Lee is known for his rebounding his offensive skills are highly underrated. F/G% in my opinion is important and Lee's F/G% is very impressive. Rebounding wise there is no comparison between the two. He is known to be a little weak defensively and I'm confident Casey's help will make him quite competitive in defence as well.

b) In Demar I think GS gets the better player. Except for his 3 point shot, he has shown improvement in every other area year after year. Thompson in comparison is less experienced and still has some ways to go but I think Demar has a higher ceiling.

c) Davis as of now is better than Ezelli and probably will eventually be one as well but considering he'll be ready for a big raise in 2 yrs. and will therefore cost more, it's wiser to have Ezelli 'cause he's under control for the next 4 yrs. for a very reasonable price. Plus who knows how he'll turn out.

Overall, this is a Trade that is fair to both sides.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

id do this trade in a heartbeat, GS wouldn't though.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Looking at all your different opinions, I guess this is the best trade offer I ever made.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Looking at all your different opinions, I guess this is the best trade offer I ever made.
                    It's fairly realistic. I like it.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                    X