ROUND 1 - Raptors vs Nets + The Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    you guys still think refs are not gonna play a part of this series...not 1 call against BK in the entire 4th quarter! JV, Lowry and Demar were getting hacked and no calls going there way down the stretch cause KG n Peirce still living off reputation calls..not an excuse for the loss but its a severe handicap.
    Kg was grabbing valanciunis all game and the "block" he had was all arm and no ball. If that had been a dunk/free throw, the momentum would have swung, it was a pivotal moment in hoe game
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Honestly the reffing wasn't horrible that game. If I wasnt told brooklyn didnt have a foul in the fourth quarter I wouldnt of noticed. Besides that obvious foul on Garnett at the end It didnt seem like very physical quarter. I was expecting a lot worse and I imagine it still will, be patient people lol.

Comment

Brooklyn did have one foul in the 4th?

heh.

Nice work

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          Honestly the reffing wasn't horrible that game. If I wasnt told brooklyn didnt have a foul in the fourth quarter I wouldnt of noticed. Besides that obvious foul on Garnett at the end It didnt seem like very physical quarter. I was expecting a lot worse and I imagine it still will, be patient people lol.
          If you expect bad reffing you're going to see bad reffing.

You conspiracy fucks give the rest of the fans such a bad (actually more a whiny) name. Demar goes 3-13, Pierce scores 9 in 3 minutes, we settled for nothing but jump shots and Raps were in the penalty in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter and it was the refs' fault that we lost???

Some of you have been complaining about the refs being against Toronto in this series a week before tip-off.

You want to show video and provide facts that Toronto got more bad calls against them then the Nets, that's one thing, but to bitch about things before they even happen and then try to find enough points to fit your narrative after is down right ignorant.

Comment

Actually, you're buying in to the best scam in history N.

They do it every year to teams. then if you complain it gets spun on you...fast. But it doesn't happen to the so called "favourable markets".

Where youre right, is that no help is coming, so you have to play your way through it. But dont kid yourself. The NBA stunned the Raps last time they were in the playoffs too..... early and well placed calls that kill momentum, take out the crowd, etc.

Its real.

Now, it leads to teams get out of synch. It DOESNT lead to PP going off, he's gonna do thatr, but one foul in the 4th? hahahaha come on. Really? In a series with contact on evey play? 90% more calls for the away team in a playoff game down the stretch, playing the best 4th quarter team in the league??? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I predicted this in a thread a few days ago, I told you it was coming and you called it "complaining". Well you just fucking saw it. Saw ir 6 years ago too.

Nah, this is brilliant manipulaton by the NBA, and if Toronto wants to win, they need to come out swinging... in the media and in the paint. Make it known.

and serisouly....its time to show those guys some NHL playoff tapes. because they need to break a few eggs here if they wanna win. And by this Imean flagrants. Real calls in the paint. PP and JJ on their asses at least 2-3 times a quarter. Youre getting the whistle anyhow, make it count. PP aint dropping 9 straight in the 4th if he has no legs and cant feel his fingers.

The Bias exists.
            But loosing as a resul tis NOT acceptable to me, I think the raptors need to get mad, get hard and KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS>

Comment

Comment

oh cam, ignorance is clearly bliss.

Comment

Must be beats ranting over it. I didn't feel like the refereeing was all that terrible. The raptors weren't going to get many calls with the way they were playing in the fourth anyways, was mostly poor jump shots. If there was any time I was pissed it was the first Q where they came out calling some really soft stuff.

Honestly I'd just rather focus on the raptors and what they need to play better, because they were really ordinary and didn't deserve to win.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    Must be beats ranting over it. I didn't feel like the refereeing was all that terrible. The raptors weren't going to get many calls with the way they were playing in the fourth anyways, was mostly poor jump shots. If there was any time I was pissed it was the first Q where they came out calling some really soft stuff.

Honestly I'd just rather focus on the raptors and what they need to play better, because they were really ordinary and didn't deserve to win.
                    Considering we got Ed Malloy AND Scott Foster on the same crew, I'm amazed things weren't monumentally worse.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Considering we got Ed Malloy AND Scott Foster on the same crew, I'm amazed things weren't monumentally worse.
                      Stupid Q- Do we get a different crew next game, or is it the same trio?

Comment

Ya, I guess in a tough game, with two team going hard on defence , 8-0 foul calls is more just a small coincidence. Just bad luck really, and lets be honest, its all torontos fault. Toronto is ordinary and dont really deserve to be there......as the 3 seed, playing a FUCKING 6 SEED.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HEEEEEE

Stand up for your team ffsakes

Sometimes, IT IS happening.

Read some posts acrosss north america..... non-raps fans, gus from southern cities....go do some research.

You gullible pricks are so easy to take it from for the NBA brass...... they have you sussed out, thats for sure.

When the officials cooly took the momentum away in every game last time these guys met in the playoffs, it was just a coincidence then too right..... two completely different rosters competing, same fucking results....almost a mirror-like scenario the way it went down.

Cuz ya, complete idiots like me, Tinfoil hat wearing crazies like me just are SO weak and soft we need excuses. I
                        d rather see my team lose by 40 with an honest call.

hahahhaaaa

Comment

Although really, I think the most likely scenario is that the refs are just bad
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Ya, I guess in a tough game, with two team going hard on defence , 8-0 foul calls is more just a small coincidence. Just bad luck really, and lets be honest, its all torontos fault.
                            where you get 8-0 from? i got fouls called in the 4th Q at 2 to 1 in favour of BKN before we started fouling intentionally at the end of the game according to this play by play. even going back into the third, 8-0 appears to be a fantasy of your sad raptor-fan persecution complex. it's nice that you already had a built-in excuse before the series even started though.

the officiating was fine, relative to how atrocious it often is in this league. they stopped calling shit both ways in the 4th. it's the playoffs, suck it up princess. as others have noted if we want more calls we should be more aggressive and stop settling for jumpers.

Comment

I thought the officiating was pretty good. Outside of the DWill flop, the JV block on KG and those two tic-tack fouls on Ross to start. There were some bad calls on the Nets too so it was about equal.

We just played like a big duece

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                                where you get 8-0 from? i got fouls called in the 4th Q at 2 to 1 in favour of BKN before we started fouling intentionally at the end of the game according to this play by play. even going back into the third, 8-0 appears to be a fantasy of your sad raptor-fan persecution complex. it's nice that you already had a built-in excuse before the series even started though.

the officiating was fine, relative to how atrocious it often is in this league. they stopped calling shit both ways in the 4th. it's the playoffs, suck it up princess. as others have noted if we want more calls we should be more aggressive and stop settling for jumpers.
                                Hey chris...... you read much? or do you just pick out the parts you like and go from there?

weak sauce

Comment

Working...
                                X