Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With The Current Club, What Are We Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If we started the season with the current team and didnt have Bargs yes I do think we would be talking playoffs.. It isnt a stretch at all.
    We'll never know. But they are now at .500 (or below?) since the Gay deal and things seem to be unravelling rather than getting better. Next year? Who knows? Lots can happen in the offseason with other teams getting better. There are just too many flaws with this team to be confident in this roster.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      I disagree with this. The injuries seemed to be a blessing in disguise. This team was spiralling out of control before Lowry and Bargnani went down. It wasn't until Davis/Amir got pumped up minutes and Calderon took over the offense that the team started to improve.
      Hmmmm. You are correct in a sense, I did not consider the Davis getting PT, and the winning streaks...
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed how well Amare Stoudamire has been doing in New York as of late? I wonder if that that proposed trade of Bargs for Amare would still be on the table in the off season.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Has anyone noticed how well Amare Stoudamire has been doing in New York as of late? I wonder if that that proposed trade of Bargs for Amare would still be on the table in the off season.
          I noticed how unlike himself he looked in the 2 games vs. the Raps. Amar'e might have one of the only contracts in the league worse than Bargs (might, it's certainly debatable).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I noticed how unlike himself he looked in the 2 games vs. the Raps. Amar'e might have one of the only contracts in the league worse than Bargs (might, it's certainly debatable).
            Actually I would take a chance on Amare because it looks like he is starting to get healthy and is rounding into shape. He can provide the low post scoring we need as well. Basically we don't have many options to improve the roster and if it was between trading Bargs for Amare or Boozer I would take a chance on Amare. He could be our David West.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              Actually I would take a chance on Amare because it looks like he is starting to get healthy and is rounding into shape. He can provide the low post scoring we need as well. Basically we don't have many options to improve the roster and if it was between trading Bargs for Amare or Boozer I would take a chance on Amare. He could be our David West.
              Amare is owed about $13 million more than Boozer over the next 2 seasons, so we'd have to give up more than just Bargnani and Lucas to make the salaries match.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Amare is owed about $13 million more than Boozer over the next 2 seasons, so we'd have to give up more than just Bargnani and Lucas to make the salaries match.
                Jeebus, if there is any opportunity to send Fields back there I would do it in a heart beat!

Comment

• Seriously, I would just try to sign Carl Landry for the MLE before taking Amar'e. Don't need those broken knees with a high price, and they actually play very similar roles off the bench.

Comment

Seriously, I would just try to sign Carl Landry for the MLE before taking Amar'e. Don't need those broken knees with a high price, and they actually play very similar roles off the bench.
                    Don't know if Landry is worth more/less the MLE, but if we can't get a power forward/inside presence with trading Bargnani + wing player (Fields, Ross, Derozan), than I say trade Bargnani to a contender for those surrounding pieces, I would be fine with that.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      Don't know if Landry is worth more/less the MLE, but if we can't get a power forward/inside presence with trading Bargnani + wing player (Fields, Ross, Derozan), than I say trade Bargnani to a contender for those surrounding pieces, I would be fine with that.
                      His player option is for 4 million next year...I'm pretty sure a big who's averaged 12 and 5 his whole career, and is a solid bench weapon, could make more htan that. It might not even have to be the full MLE to sign him and it could still be a payraise. There will not be a lot of great bigs on the market if they can't get one back in a Bargs deal.

He could decide not to opt out, but that's something I obviously have no clue on either way. Again, IMO it just seems like he could make even just a bit more if he hit the market.

Comment

• Package Bargs + DeRozan to Jazz for Favors + Millsap + 2nd round pick (I think the Jazz will do whatever they can to resign Al Jeff and have him play PF) while Kanter is their C of the future.
                        Next ship Valanciunas + Ross + Kleiza to Orlando for A.Affalo + 1st round pick (Top 10 guaranteed)
                        Resign Bassy Telfair and Allan Anderson to a one year deal
                        Draft Nerlens Noel with the Magic pick and Ray McCallum or Seth Curry with the Jazz pick
                        Sign Tony Allen, a 2 years 10 million contract
                        Sign Marquis Daniel a one year vet minimum deal so he can be our 3rd string SF
                        Sign Nazr Mohammad with a one year vet minimum deal

Next Year
                        Lowry/Telfair/McCallum or Curry
                        Affalo/T.Allen/A.Anderson
                        Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
                        Millsap/Amir/Acy
                        Noel/Favors/Nazr

Our front court are set with Millsap and Noel and if Noel does not pan out, we have Favors who plays like Amir Johnson, imagine the two as our backup PF and C, our paint are protected while our shooter is set with Affalo knocking down the shots. I know this is a big change of a lineup for the Raps but if we are gonna win, we have to make sure to do something different than this year. I know we loose a lots of talents in DeRozan + Ross + Val but in exchange we get something better. T.Allen is R.Gay's buddy and he will be a good backup SG for us, he defends and plays tough defense, something both Ross and A.Anderson lack there off besides he has tons of playoff experience. We will do whatever we can to shed both Bargs and Kleiza's contract and find a better home for them.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Package Bargs + DeRozan to Jazz for Favors + Millsap + 2nd round pick (I think the Jazz will do whatever they can to resign Al Jeff and have him play PF) while Kanter is their C of the future.
                          Next ship Valanciunas + Ross + Kleiza to Orlando for A.Affalo + 1st round pick (Top 10 guaranteed)
                          Draft Nerlens Noel with the Magic pick and Ray McCallum or Seth Curry with the Jazz pick

Next Year
                          Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
                          Millsap/Amir/Acy
                          Noel/Favors/Nazr

Our front court are set with Millsap and Noel and if Noel does not pan out, we have Favors who plays like Amir Johnson, imagine the two as our backup PF and C, our paint are protected while our shooter is set with Affalo knocking down the shots. I know this is a big change of a lineup for the Raps but if we are gonna win, we have to make sure to do something different than this year. I know we loose a lots of talents in DeRozan + Ross + Val but in exchange we get something better. T.Allen is R.Gay's buddy and he will be a good backup SG for us, he defends and plays tough defense, something both Ross and A.Anderson lack there off besides he has tons of playoff experience. We will do whatever we can to shed both Bargs and Kleiza's contract and find a better home for them.
                          classic

Comment

His player option is for 4 million next year...I'm pretty sure a big who's averaged 12 and 5 his whole career, and is a solid bench weapon, could make more htan that. It might not even have to be the full MLE to sign him and it could still be a payraise. There will not be a lot of great bigs on the market if they can't get one back in a Bargs deal.

He could decide not to opt out, but that's something I obviously have no clue on either way. Again, IMO it just seems like he could make even just a bit more if he hit the market.
                            Regardless of how many great bigs there are in the market, the best way for us acquire anything close to that 'great big' is via trade w/ Bargnani + Wing asset + 2nd Round picks.
                            I originally said using Bargnani + asset for surrounding pieces, and MLE for that big if that was the alternate option(s). (Highly unlikely MLE nets us anything other than a perimeter player, and a back-up PG).

I feel like Ross is our best asset. Potential, rookie contract. Teams wanting Derozan will have to take on his contract.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              Package Bargs + DeRozan to Jazz for Favors + Millsap + 2nd round pick (I think the Jazz will do whatever they can to resign Al Jeff and have him play PF) while Kanter is their C of the future.

Next Year
                              Gay/Fields/M.Daniels
                              Millsap/Amir/Acy
                              Noel/Favors/Nazr

Please post fantasy trade ideas in the Trade Proposal forum. This thread is to discuss what this team needs to improve between this season and next (ie: a better starting PF), not outlandish fantasy trade ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X