Who are you pulling for on the 30th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Who gives a shit that you've been a "fan of the team since its inception". You want players to be physically injured? Go fuck yourself.
    ROFL this attitude is hilarious to me. You think these guys, who have some of the best medical care in the world, are serious damaged by the kind of injury I'm talking about? Gimme a break. I specified 'the kind of injury that won't hurt their trade value', ie the kind that won't affect future performance, like breaking your hand while doing knuckle pushups (cough Kevin Love cough). Hell I would have been thrilled if Lowry had have hurt a finger on his right hand, that would have been perfect. Take some time to heal, lose some games, healthy in time for the trade deadlne.

The idea that you can only be a fan if you're rooting for your team to win every game is the most laughable kind of narrow-mindedness. Especially for Toronto sports fans, who've watched the Leafs go through this same 'build on the fly' bullshit year after year after year with very little success. You know what I'm rooting for? I'm rooting for long-term success, for championships, I'm rooting for the team to actually be chasing the one prize that the players themselves actually give a shit about. You honestly think the players give a damn if they win some random mid-season games against middle of the road teams? Nope, they forget about that shit the minute it's over and start focussing on the next game. The only reason they care about win/loss record is that it determines playoff seeding, and why the fuck would you aim for the playoffs unless you're trying to win a championship. You want to see what happens when your team is only trying to limp into the playoffs every year? Go take a long, hard look at the Bucks. Aside from getting paid in some cases, the trophy is all that the players care about, but most of you would rather they suffer through years of first round playoff exits and middling success so that you can be entertained on a Thursday night in February and feel good about life because your team got a meaningless win.

And I'M the one with the twisted view? You just keep on taking that ridiculous moral high ground and keep telling yourself you're the real fan and I'm not. Either way this team is headed for more irrelevancy if they keep delaying the inevitable teardown that's needed to reach the only goal that really matters in professional sports.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      BLUB BLUB BLUB
      sorry didn't get what you were saying. irrelevant mish mash of poorly thought out comments you'd usually only see on the raptors Facebook page mixed with embarrassing hyberbole and trying to come across like you know more about bball than other people here.

Can you please break your hands so I don't have to read more of these sad rants? We have great healthcare here I'm sure you'll be fine.

Repeating the same arguments everyone here has read 10000x times does not help. Assuming that everyone else is sooo narrow minded and you're the only one in the know (I'm actually generally a pro tanker but not through wishing PLAYER INJURY) is just childish.

Breaking hands and fingers especially for people who depend on physical health to make a livelihood for their families and to entertain us isn't a big deal? Wishing harm on actual people so you can feel better about cheering for a team while sitting on your ass at home? This isn't a fucking video game buddy.
      Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Oct 26, 2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        sorry didn't get what you were saying. irrelevant mish mash of poorly thought out comments you'd usually only see on the raptors Facebook page mixed with embarrassing hyberbole and trying to come across like you know more about bball than other people here.

Can you please break your hands so I don't have to read more of these sad rants? We have great healthcare here I'm sure you'll be fine.

Repeating the same arguments everyone here has read 10000x times does not help. Assuming that everyone else is sooo narrow minded and you're the only one in the know (I'm actually generally a pro tanker but not through wishing PLAYER INJURY) is just childish.

Breaking hands and fingers especially for people who depend on physical health to make a livelihood for their families and to entertain us isn't a big deal? Wishing harm on actual people so you can feel better about cheering for a team while sitting on your ass at home? This isn't a fucking video game buddy.
        Really? This is your response? How the hell does breaking a finger or a hand create a long-term problem for a professional athlete unless the break is so severe as to cause nerve damage or something similar, or the team botches it completely. Players come back from minor injuries like these without suffering any long-term consequences all the time. Yes, taking a month or two of ridiculously well-paid vacation is terrible (they still get paid, you know), and I'm clearly a bad person (by the way, are you secretly Latrell Sprewell? Don't think any NBA player should be worried about their ability to provide for a family). I could see your point if I was asking for someone to break a leg, or to tear an achilles or the like, but we're talking about routine injuries with no real long-term consequences here. I might as well have written 'I hope Lowry gets the flu for 2 months', because it would have exactly the same effect.

Get over your knee-jerk reaction and realize that this is just wishful thinking in the same vein as hoping your boss gets sick so you don't have to go to a meeting.

Comment

Lol, trying to justify wishing injuries on players. I have officially seen it all.

I hope karma hits you and hits you hard Lark.

Comment

Really? This is your response? How the hell does breaking a finger or a hand create a long-term problem for a professional athlete unless the break is so severe as to cause nerve damage or something similar, or the team botches it completely. Players come back from minor injuries like these without suffering any long-term consequences all the time. Yes, taking a month or two of ridiculously well-paid vacation is terrible (they still get paid, you know), and I'm clearly a bad person (by the way, are you secretly Latrell Sprewell? Don't think any NBA player should be worried about their ability to provide for a family). I could see your point if I was asking for someone to break a leg, or to tear an achilles or the like, but we're talking about routine injuries with no real long-term consequences here. I might as well have written 'I hope Lowry gets the flu for 2 months', because it would have exactly the same effect.

Get over your knee-jerk reaction and realize that this is just wishful thinking in the same vein as hoping your boss gets sick so you don't have to go to a meeting.
            iblastoff,,,,, see the bold: you're not going to get through to someone with such a cowardly, self-entitled view of life, that wishing for someone's injury is below pond scum.

Comment

of course that was my response. as it would be from any sane human being that isn't wholly disconnected from real life.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                iblastoff,,,,, see the bold: you're not going to get through to someone with such a cowardly, self-entitled view of life, that wishing for someone's injury is below pond scum.
                I couldn't be facepalming any harder.

Go ahead and explain to me why an NBA player breaking their hand and missing a couple months of a season before returning without lasting effect would constitute anything other than a paid vacation for them.

Comment

I couldn't be facepalming any harder.

Go ahead and explain to me why an NBA player breaking their hand and missing a couple months of a season before returning without lasting effect would constitute anything other than a paid vacation for them.
                  I've been disgusted with a lot of posts on this forum before, but this one takes the cake.

Think logically for a second (if that is possible). YOU ARE WISHING INJURY AGAINST PEOPLE. You don't see anything wrong with that?
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    I've been disgusted with a lot of posts on this forum before, but this one takes the cake.

Think logically for a second (if that is possible). YOU ARE WISHING INJURY AGAINST PEOPLE. You don't see anything wrong with that?
                    What I am "wishing for" what is at most a minor inconvenience with a bit of pain involved and a lot of rest time spent raking in thousands upon thousands of dollars and recuperating with the best care money can buy. Oh heavens forbid, what a terrible fate!

Do I see anything wrong with "wishing" upon a player a better situation than 99.9% of the humans alive on this planet will ever experience? Nope. Context is required for that, but nobody seems to be able to actually get past their moral outrage, pull back and objectively consider how completely inconsequential such an injury would be for the player and how insanely good their life would continue to be. Hell, I'll bet there are players (on bad teams especially) that would LOVE to sit on the injury reserve while collecting a paycheque - remember that Toronto fans have accused many Raptors of just that.

But yeah, I'm just an evil person because no one can get past the word 'injury'. The outrage you guys are showing is beyond funny, but then you're probably mad that all this posting is taking away from the time you normally spend volunteering at the hospital, feeding the homeless and generally erasing human pain and suffering from the planet, right?

Comment

WIN WIN and only WIN

Create a winning culture, let Casey get his system in, let them play. Give them a chance, to take that away from them for some hope of an unknown kid to carry the team in another 3 years, when these guys have worked so hard is BULLSHIT.

Go after Wiggins as a free agent, chance to play for your home city, home country. Kid has dreamed it already. Better chance to land him this way. They are no way positioned to lose more than other bottom feeders.

Your a Fan, do your job and cheer for them, for christ sake.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post

The irony of asking someone to think logically literally right before appealing to emotion.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                          WIN WIN and only WIN

Create a winning culture, let Casey get his system in, let them play. Give them a chance, to take that away from them for some hope of an unknown kid to carry the team in another 3 years, when these guys have worked so hard is BULLSHIT.

Go after Wiggins as a free agent, chance to play for your home city, home country. Kid has dreamed it already. Better chance to land him this way. They are no way positioned to lose more than other bottom feeders.

Your a Fan, do your job and cheer for them, for christ sake.
                          Maybe it's just me, but this may be most, if not all, of the clichés about being a fan rolled into one post.

Comment

Maybe its just me but I think this thread is an insult to the coaches and players. Someone even going as far as hoping for injuries.

Comment

I'm pulling for Kelly Olynyk in the opener, Toronto born, national team member, Gonzaga grad (go Zags!).

Comment

This game can't come soon enough! 3 days still feels way too far away.

Comment

Working...
                                X