Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    That's not nice. This is a valid thread. I am saying that Demar is not living up to the expecations of a 2nd year starter, #9 draft pick.

Compare him to other 2's in the league who are in their 2/3/4 year.
    He is the second highest scoring sophmore in terms of ppg.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
      He is the second highest scoring sophmore in terms of ppg.
      We are talking total basketball accumen, you will need to incorporate other pertinent statistical figures

Comment

• DeMar is exceeding expectations.

Comment

• 1. He is easily one of the top 5 sophmores this season as opposed to the top nine. In my opinion those top 5 are: Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, DeMar DeRozan & Jrue Holiday in no particular order (though Marcus Thornton is playing out of his mind as of late and one could argue Wesley Matthews being in there as well).
          2. He's second in scoring among sophmores.
          3. Comparing him to the top shooting guards of his draft year, James Harden and Wesley Matthews, DeMar holds his own to say the least. His PPG is higher than both of them, as well as his FG%.
          4. Last year DeMar wasn't even close to being one of the top ten preforming rookies and there wasn't any worry because we drafted him based on potential. He has obviously improved tremendously and one can only assume he will continue.
          5. Bargnani is a laughing stock of the league.

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
            1. He is easily one of the top 5 sophmores this season as opposed to the top nine. In my opinion those top 5 are: Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, DeMar DeRozan & Jrue Holiday in no particular order (though Marcus Thornton is playing out of his mind as of late and one could argue Wesley Matthews being in there as well).
            3. Comparing him to the top shooting guards of his draft year, James Harden and Wesley Matthews, DeMar holds his own to say the least. His PPG is higher than both of them, as well as his FG%.
            4. Last year DeMar wasn't even close to being one of the top ten preforming rookies and there wasn't any worry because we drafted him based on potential. He has obviously improved tremendously and one can only assume he will continue.
            As mentioned to the previous poster, all you are listing are offensive stats. If all you want is offense, then you should be saying Bargs is the man.

If you can back up this opinion with PER, defensive stats, REB, AST, etc etc, go for it. I'm telling you that you won't be able to.

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
              1. He is easily one of the top 5 sophmores this season as opposed to the top nine. In my opinion those top 5 are: Steph Curry, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, DeMar DeRozan & Jrue Holiday in no particular order (though Marcus Thornton is playing out of his mind as of late and one could argue Wesley Matthews being in there as well).
              You call Bargs a laughing stock, here are his #'s since Jan 1:
              January 1 (40 games) are: 19ppg, 6.5rpg 2bpg

Laughing stock to you means gem to every other GM in the league, face it

Comment

• I'm sorry, but this is a "my favourite player is being beaten up by everyone, so I'm going to try and turn the tables by criticizing a well liked player" thread. DeRozan had one bad game, but is one of the better performing sophomore SGs in the league.

In fact, he's 3rd among all sophomores in scoring and 10th in PER among sophomores who play at least 25 mpg. And he's much more productive than Bargnani was in his second year (14 PER to Bargnani's 10.6 PER, which doesn't take into account minutes played).

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of this happening among Bargnani fans, who, I'm guessing, are sick of Bargnani being picked on, so start picking on guys like DeMar and Amir. The criticizing of Amir is particularly ridiculous because he's been the Raptors most consistent and productive player throughout the season, the one who has played the most well rounded game, and about the only guy who is not on his rookie contract that is actually earning his money.

If these people who criticize DeRozan don't also criticize Bargnani, then it's hypocritical at best, and trolling at worst. Neither one has played good defense and, outside of scoring, neither has contributed much. At least there is still hope DeRozan's defense will improve, because he's only in his second year. Bargnani, at this point, is basically a lost cause on that end of the floor.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You call Bargs a laughing stock, here are his #'s since Jan 1:
                  January 1 (40 games) are: 19ppg, 6.5rpg 2bpg

Laughing stock to you means gem to every other GM in the league, face it
                  GEM? don't make me laugh no GM wants a one dimentional scorer who can't defend for his life.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    GEM? don't make me laugh no GM wants a one dimentional scorer who can't defend for his life.
                    2bpg

BlocksPerGame

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      I'm sorry, but this is a "my favourite player is being beaten up by everyone, so I'm going to try and turn the tables by criticizing a well liked player" thread. DeRozan had one bad game, but is one of the better performing sophomore SGs in the league.

In fact, he's 3rd among all sophomores in scoring and 10th in PER among sophomores who play at least 25 mpg. And he's much more productive than Bargnani was in his second year (14 PER to Bargnani's 10.6 PER, which doesn't take into account minutes played).

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of this happening among Bargnani fans, who, I'm guessing, are sick of Bargnani being picked on, so start picking on guys like DeMar and Amir. The criticizing of Amir is particularly ridiculous because he's been the Raptors most consistent and productive player throughout the season, the one who has played the most well rounded game, and about the only guy who is not on his rookie contract that is actually earning his money.

If these people who criticize DeRozan don't also criticize Bargnani, then it's hypocritical at best, and trolling at worst. Neither one has played good defense and, outside of scoring, neither has contributed much. At least there is still hope DeRozan's defense will improve, because he's only in his second year. Bargnani, at this point, is basically a lost cause on that end of the floor.
                      +1 i agree 200%.Every SG learns to play decent defence eventually, and demar will to. As for bargnani trade him and bring in a defensive shot blocking C.

Comment

2bpg

BlocksPerGame
                        thats only since january

Comment

thats only since january
                          How many bpg does Demar have?

BOOM

Gotcha turtle speck

Comment

• Toronto open to move Bargs

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...drea-bargnani/

Finally we get to move this guy and bring in some shot blocking monsters. Have any suggestions on our starting C next season?

Comment

• Let me help you:

Demar, career: 0.3 bpg (0.4 for this season)
                              Turnovers per game: 1.2 career, 1.7 this season
                              RPG: 3.3 career, 3.7 this year
                              Personal Fouls: 2.5 career, 2.7 this year
                              Points per Game: 12.4 career, 16.5 this season

Not a very big improvement at all

The word is : disappointing

Don't drink the Demar kool aid yo!

Comment

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...drea-bargnani/

Finally we get to move this guy and bring in some shot blocking monsters. Have any suggestions on our starting C next season?
                                Hahahah, you know I'm right, check my stats below son, ahahha!

Comment

Working...
                                X