Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...nse-smith-says

and despite the slowness of the process there is no indication from anyone I’ve talked to that it’s anything more than a guy taking his time to make a decision, as infuriating as that may be to you — what is there?

Comment

• i hate doug smith.... but he's right.

our anxiety over the whole thing is a product of our own making... i blame social media

it's kinda like people having a cigarette to calm down their stress..... but if they didn't smoke, they wouldn't be that stressed in the first place

Comment

• You can't fault someone for investigating options. Nash has pledged to do that since it was clear he was unlikely to return to Phoenix and was jumping into free agency with both feet.

But there's a fine line between considering your options and looking around desperately for something -- anything -- even remotely as good as the one that has been front-and-centre all along, waiting expectantly.

The Toronto Raptors want Steve Nash, and have never wavered. It's seemingly evermore clear that they're going to get their man.

The trick will be for Nash -- should the day come -- to seem just as happy about it as everyone else will be.

Michael Grange is a columnist for sportsnet.ca and a senior writer at Sportsnet magazine.
        Get 4 free issues of Sportsnet magazine! Click here.
        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...h_waiting_for/

Comment

• I came across one tweet that sums up the current mood pretty well. Wouldn't you know, it comes from a puck head making a baseball reference.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin
          It would be so very good for Raptors if they can land Nash. Yet doesn't it have foreboding feel of Darvish sweepstakes?

Comment

• Alan Hahn

"Steve Nash, meanwhile, and the Knicks are working with the Suns to complete a sign-and-trade deal that would bring Nash to New York. Indications are the Knicks are his top choice, but because a trade is complicated (and there is great hesitation to give up Iman Shumpert), the Raptors are in play. A lot of effort has been made, however, to get this done."

FFS!

Source - Click here
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              Alan Hahn

"Steve Nash, meanwhile, and the Knicks are working with the Suns to complete a sign-and-trade deal that would bring Nash to New York. Indications are the Knicks are his top choice, but because a trade is complicated (and there is great hesitation to give up Iman Shumpert), the Raptors are in play. A lot of effort has been made, however, to get this done."

FFS!

Source - Click here
              He's clearly a NYK homer. I'd be very interested to know where these alleged indications are coming from, assuming it's someplace other than his gut or nether-regions.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                He's clearly a NYK homer. I'd be very interested to know where these alleged indications are coming from, assuming it's someplace other than his gut or nether-regions.
                Alan Hahn is the Knicks version of Leo Rautins. So I take what he has with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

Robert Randolph's tweet looks right. #Knicks closing in on Steve Nash in sign and trade with Phoenix.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• God damn Steve, make up your mind! these rumours are just making it worse

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Alan Hahn is the Knicks version of Leo Rautins. So I take what he has with a grain of salt.
                      Yeah, but Robert Randolph apparently broke the Melo deal before anyone else, so he's got a track record here. Also, Berman at the Post is no hack and he's running with it, too.

I do wonder though cause the strong inference is that Nash really wants to stay in New York or he would have just taken the $36 million. Maybe some guys are just playing the odds and hoping to be proven correct, so they can claim they have "sources".

I can't wait to hear all the excuses for this management team if Nash doesn't come to Toronto. It's clear from recent history that if you want a premium free agent you have to build a team for him to make an attractive landing place. I am looking forward to the equivocation over the failure to do so here.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

Robert Randolph's tweet looks right. #Knicks closing in on Steve Nash in sign and trade with Phoenix.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
                        Weird. I'm not seeing anything on Berman's twitter feed saying that...

http://twitter.com/#!/NYPost_Berman/

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                          Weird. I'm not seeing anything on Berman's twitter feed saying that...

http://twitter.com/#!/NYPost_Berman/
                          The guys at RealGM are saying he pulled it...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            The guys at RealGM are saying he pulled it...
                            link?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/rrtfb/status/220533067859771392

Comment

• Fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X