Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

That means we got under their skin.

Comment

• Comment

• ps77 wrote: View Post
        Two players that need to get more mins are: 1) Novak and 2) de Colo. Why does DC bring in Novak the end of games when he's been sitting ice cold on the bench? It's not rocket science that shooters need to be in the flow of the game to get their shots off.

de Colo is a playmaker. When the offense struggles as much as it does in the half court, you need a facilitator like de Colo who can break down defenses and make the extra pass to the open man. This team gets into the same rut with the two-man game of DD and KL.
        Who the fuck will Novak guard, joe penis...Paul pierce.. They will wreck him
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          And RE Casey being a terrible coach, how about the fact that tonight we saw, for the first time ever, Demar brining the ball up and the offence being initiated with Demar/JV pick and rolls.

You're going to try this out in game 3 of the first round? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????????????
          It's a thing called practice, if it works there, it will work in the game. If demar really wants to do it though Casey can't do anything about it.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Who the fuck will Novak guard, joe penis...Paul pierce.. They will wreck him
            Mirza teletovic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
              Mirza teletovic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
              Telletubby comes into the game late also, but Brooklyn would just use him in the pick and roll with Pearce or joe penis using the full disadvantage of Novak. It would be fine if we played some zone defence that Casey is known for

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Stick and arm out while he is blowing by you a couple times and he might start loving the long ball a little more.
                too bad his long ball is deadly lol, maybe try taunting at him right by his ear w/ KG's antic, like the ..."your wife tastes like cough syrup", maybe that'll get him to break down and cry and give up playing the game idk.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

The league is so quick to discredit Donaghy about his allegations of referee bias. Given his past with the league, shouldn't he be the de facto expert in worst officiating and game fixing?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    The league is so quick to discredit Donaghy about his allegations of referee bias. Given his past with the league, shouldn't he be the de facto expert in worst officiating and game fixing?
                    In his recent articles Donaghy hasn't said anything outrageous. It all seems pretty plausible. e.g. The refs being informed to call loose ball fouls on Jonas, or the refs to make calls when they reach in on Williams. I just wish they had their eyes open when KG is openly shoving players and Paul Pierce is karate chopping people in the face. How the fuck do those not only not get called, but they were called as fouls against the Raptors half the time.

Comment

and i hate the fact there really is no accountability for refs calls either, especially really bad ones that completely determine the outcome of a game. shitty next day 'apologies' from the nba are just so beyond pointless.

Comment

Everyone said the same things about Jose Canseco when he came out with steroid allegations. Time has proven Canseco 100% correct. These playoffs are giving a little more bite to Donnaghy's claims.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          and i hate the fact there really is no accountability for refs calls either, especially really bad ones that completely determine the outcome of a game. shitty next day 'apologies' from the nba are just so beyond pointless.
                          Yea they can shove those apologies up Silver's ass where they belong. I just rewatched the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and I completely forgot about that offensive goaltending call on Hansborough. I don't have PVR but even the second time around it looked like a totally messed up call.

edit: and the thing is, whether the reffing is out to get the Raptors or not doesn't matter; they just suck through and through. The fact that a call is based on who you are says right there that there's no legitimacy to what they do.
                          Last edited by nubreed000; Sat Apr 26, 2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            this team has definitely gotten worse as the season winded down. the fact that we're calling landry fields as our saviour and game changer in the playoffs is telling enough.
                            And when I said that the way we were playing for the last month or 2 of the season worried me everyone said I'm crazy and a pessimist. Well it looks like this pessimist will end up being correct. Our defense has gone to shit just like it did to end the season. There is dribble penetration everywhere. And when you have Amir who is at like 70%, Kyle who is now hobbled and Terrence and DD who can't guard Joe Johnson for their life it is just going to get worse.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              And when I said that the way we were playing for the last month or 2 of the season worried me everyone said I'm crazy and a pessimist. Well it looks like this pessimist will end up being correct. Our defense has gone to shit just like it did to end the season. There is dribble penetration everywhere. And when you have Amir who is at like 70%, Kyle who is now hobbled and Terrence and DD who can't guard Joe Johnson for their life it is just going to get worse.
                              Yea their best basketball was in December/January. IMO, the best game they played was that loss in Miami. They were ON in every facet for majority of that game. After that, they still played some great ball but that slowly dwindled away and they came back down to Earth going into March.

I think the whole team should watch that Miami game again and see what they did right back then. Fighting through traps and double teams like it was schoolyard practice, high pressure defense and great ball movement.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                Yea their best basketball was in December/January. IMO, the best game they played was that loss in Miami. They were ON in every facet for majority of that game. After that, they still played some great ball but that slowly dwindled away and they came back down to Earth going into March.

I think the whole team should watch that Miami game again and see what they did right back then. Fighting through traps and double teams like it was schoolyard practice, high pressure defense and great ball movement.
                                I have no clue what has happened to this team offensively and defensively. It's really sad to see. Everything they did well in the regular season just has not shown up in the playoffs at all. It just comes to show how important experience is. When you've gone through it many times nothing phases you anymore.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X