No announcement yet.

Are the Raptors in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The title of this thread alone makes me giggle. It's like saying, "Are the Warriors in trouble?" Signs you may be in trouble: THe last time you were out of the lottery, Michael Jackson thinking about going back on tour.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Everyone is going to assume what is pretty obvious in my opinion. Just like the Glove, he's chasing a title in L.A. I think he will fail and he missed out on a great opportunity in Toronto.
      This is what I think too.

Comment

I think this is a case of sweet lemons. We all were secretly excited and hoping for Nash to make our young players into real men. But at the same time, the money side of the issue had us all sweating and fearing buyers remorse.

From a sober perspective, we can all exhale and await the franchise's next move. And something tells me BC will hit a home run bringing Toronto a legitimate starting pg for the future.

He wants to save his job, he'll get something done.
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

There was a report that the Mavs are considering letting the team nose dive this season and then making a play for CP3 and D12 next off season.
          thats a move thats destined to fail.. betting on those 2 joining your franchise is like betting on Ms. Cleo to give u an accurate reading LOL

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
            The title of this thread alone makes me giggle. It's like saying, "Are the Warriors in trouble?" Signs you may be in trouble: THe last time you were out of the lottery, Michael Jackson thinking about going back on tour.
            signs your a troll: the last time u said anything possitive Michael Jordan was winning dunk competitions..LOL

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
              The Mavs just lost out on Deron Williams and Nash, then Jason Terry jumped ship for Boston. Think they're 'in trouble'? Free agents are fickle, and all it takes is an all-star or two turn perception around (see: LA Clippers and Minnesota Timberwolves).

The franchise is fine, all that's really happened is that the Raps have had a string of draft picks that haven't fully panned out or developed into the kind of players you can build around. A lot of mid-market teams wander the NBA wilderness for a lot longer than that before they land the stars needed to guide them back to playoffs. The Raps just need to be patient, use this year to see what they've got in their young players, maximize flexibility going forward and then make some tough decisions about who to keep and who to trade.

Unfortunately BC is the team's GM and his job on the line, which means my answer could change in the coming days or weeks depending on how badly he fucks it up.
              I enjoyed your post. And I agree, Dallas has been a WTF situation since their parade. As far as the patience angle, I find it difficult to stay with you. Patience is fine if you trust the guy in charge.

(Time for a classic cliche..) ... That being said, if we walk out of this with Dragic and Illysova (at reasonable deals of course), I could definitely get on board with that. If we can whiff on every "plan A" from Colangelo, we be 'aight.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                signs your a troll: the last time u said anything possitive Michael Jordan was winning dunk competitions..LOL
                Really a all-caps lol on that one? And hey that's no fair, I've posted this before

The TBJ guys are awesome. In fact, much of the non-mainstream, non RapsTV coverage of the team is good. Raps republic and even Carefoot frequently post good stuff. It would be even more enjoyable if there was even one exciting aspect to this team at the moment.

Pound the Rock is a decent attempt to change the culture of the team. It's encouraging to see a coach that understands the fundamental change necessary in this organization.

The turban/beard guy under the visitors hoop is always a comfort to see. That guy brings it.

The weird 3D baseline paint is very cool.

The fanbase has unlimited (although largely untapped) potential; ACC is a good arena. If this team ever got it together, we'd have something real going on.

Comment

Really a all-caps lol on that one? And hey that's no fair, I've posted this before
                  wow i must have missed that one..LOL good post LOL.. for real though.. no need to always be so negative..

Comment

I cant resist... a few more fun talking points for today's discussion:

Is the liberal party of canada in trouble?

Is the european economy in trouble?

Is RIM in trouble?

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                      The pressure is all on BC.

He has to deliver now. He has to justify the low-ceiling draft picks this year which suggest we are trying to compete right now. And for that he has to bring in a big name signing with all the capspace we have accumulated.

I will wait for the end of off-season before l I start calling for his head
                      +1000. This is going to be interesting. First, the "panic pick" in Ross, now this!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        +1000. This is going to be interesting. First, the "panic pick" in Ross, now this!
                        How was it a panic pick? This is a pro sports team, I'm sure they were prepared for multiple scenarios. Let's give the kid a chance first. It might turn out to be a poor pick, but "panic" is a little too hyperbolic IMO.

Comment

I'd like to hear the explanation for why Ross has a low ceiling. How is this being measured?

Comment

I'd like to hear the explanation for why Ross has a low ceiling. How is this being measured?
                            +1

Comment

+1 I think Ross was a great pick. Adds 3 pt shooting and defense. People just assume he has a low ceiling because they've never watched him play and judge everything off of mock drafts.

Comment

we are fine. I just hope boson doesn't make that oj mayo for bass trade
                                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                                X