Jose Calderon is T.O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Miami, really? That's interesting because they have so many ball dominant players on that team already that you would think Jose would be reduced to spot up shooter duties. Still, would love to see Jose get the recognition he deserves playing on an championship calibre team.

I wish him all the best and I'm sure there will be nights we'll miss his leadership and steady play, but I too would make the Rudy Gay trade any day of the week.
    That's exactly why Miami would do it. They need the ball to move more in the halfcourt when they get sucked into such games. Anytime they get sucked into such a situation, they basically depend entirely on LeBron to create for the team. They have a lot of pieces they don't really need, like Mike Miller and Rashard Lewis, but Jose would be a big positive influence I think, especially if he's always on the court when LeBron's not. He could clearly run the p'n'r with Bosh, and it gives them big time insurance if Wade has injuries, which he usually does even to some minor degree, because he probably handles the ball the most after LeBron.
    *Though this is where he'd go to win, not necessarily the best choice contract-wise. But if he were to take a paycut for a ring, I don't know if there is a better fit. Maybe OKC so Westbrook can slide to the SG at times. Even if they keep Martin, Jose would still be a great fit off the bench.
    **Extra note: One of the biggest spanish speaking communities in Miami. Jose could feasibly make fairly big money in local deals and appearances. And Miami would certainly know that having a spanish-speaking player can't hurt their PR.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I see what you're saying and maybe I'm just looking at the cons to your pros, but one way or another LBJ is going to have the ball in his hands towards the end of the game. Also Miami is a poor defensive team this year and Jose wouldn't help that cause. Mario Chalmers isn't half the PG Jose is, but he can play D and hit 3's. Certainly would be interesting to see Jose on that team though.

Comment

Jose is playing tonight vs NY NY! for anyone interested in watching a night where there is no Raptor ball on.

Comment

About at the end of the game, it still gives them a much better dynamic if they want 2 ballhandlers who really look to pass with LBJ and Jose. Miami is good because of talent, but they have a flawed roster. In a lot of ways, it's still the same story as when LeBron was in CLE, but with better talent around him. He needs to carry a huge load to make up for all the shortcomings. On an almost nightly basis, he's asked to play every position on the floor, except SG really, because of what they lack. Chalmers is good to have if they're playing a top PG, but even then, you say LeBron gets the ball at the end, he also ends up guarding a D-Rose, or Paul, or Rondo, basically the best player on the other team if he's not a C....THen Chalmers is basically just a 3pt shooter who can't guard another position. I really think Jose gives them something they desperately lack, with the only other glaring need being a competent C.

Comment

Jose Says Thanks

Pulled out this article from the star.

The Star link

With these words, I would like to show my appreciation to the city of the Toronto, the Raptors and their entire organization, but above all to the incredible fans.

It has been almost eight fantastic years in Toronto that both my family and I will remember forever. We feel like we are a part of this city and that Toronto will always be part of our life.

From the first moment we arrived in Toronto we have felt right at home. Toronto will forever be our second home and we will never forget the treatment received from the basketball fans, the people of Toronto and the Raptors.

Thanks for all of your support throughout these past eight years.

Toronto will always have a special place in our heart.

Nice of him to look back IMO...

Think looking back pushes a return in either direction?
            Not gonna express my opinion, just thought it was thoughtful of him.

Comment

Jose is the consummate professional, one of the greatest Raptors ever.

Comment

I would love to see Jose back next year...But no chance of it happening. He would take a pay cut and/or diminished role on a contender, not the Raps (unfortunately)

Comment

Can't wait for tomorrow's game to give a standing O to this man ...
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Just stand and cheer

The best thing to do is just stand and cheer, and keep standing, and let's give the loudest ovation the hanger has ever seen! A lot of people don't get it, but a lot of people do! This has little to do with basketball and more to do with who he is as a human being! Let's stand and cheer so loud that they have to stop the damn game! Time to return the love!

Comment

If anyone deserves an ovation that will lift the roof off of the dump, Jose does! He practically gave his first-born to this city and this franchise. If love given is always returned in kind, then it will be a thunderous, long ovation!!! If you are going to the game, just keep standing at the moment of truth, and let's create a moment for Jose to remember!!!!!

Comment

If anyone boos...man they have a death wish.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

ready for another 5 game losing streak boys?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I'm a Raptors fan, I'm always ready for a 5 game losing streak...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I'm a Raptors fan, I'm always ready for a 5 game losing streak...
                              if it's only 5 games, it's safe to say playoff talk will start again

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Why do you ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X