Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Tor-Mem-Charlotte

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8scz3w4

Toronto trades: Linas Kleiza, DeMar DeRozan, Ed Davis, the rights to Tomislav Zubcic, 2nd round pick
    Toronto receives: Rudy Gay, and Reggie Williams, 2013 2nd round pick from Grizzlies

Memphis trades: Rudy Gay, Josh Selby, Quincy Pondexter, 2013 unprotected 1st round pick, 2013 2nd round pick
    Memphis receives: Linas Kleiza, DeMar DeRozan, Bismack Biyombo, Jeffrey Taylor, future 2nd round pick from Raptors

Charlotte trades: Bismack Biymobo, Jeffrey Taylor, Reggie Williams
    Charlotte receives: Ed Davis, Josh Selby, the Rights to Tomislav Zubcic, Quincy Pondexter, 2013 unprotected 1st round pick(Grizzlies)

Raptors depth chart
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas III
    Ross/Williams
    Gay/Fields/Anderson
    Bargnani/Acy
    Valanciunas/Johnson/Gray
    (Grizzlies 2013 2nd round pick)

Grizzlies depth chart
    Conley/Bayless/Wroten
    Allen/Taylor/Ellington
    DeRozan/Kleiza/Kennedy
    Randolph/Biyombo/Speights
    Gasol/Arthur/Haddadi
    (future 2nd round pick)

Bobcats depth chart
    Sessions/Walker
    Gordon/Selby
    Kidd-Gilchrist/Henderson/Pondexter
    Davis/Thomas
    Mullens/Haywood/Diop
    (Grizzlies 2013 unprotected first round pick)
    (Rights to Zubcic)

There's a lot going on in this trade, but do you guys think it's fair to all 3 teams?
    Last edited by Sam17; Sun Aug 26, 2012, 07:46 PM. Reason: Draft pick error

I don't think Charlotte gets enough for Biyombo considering they already have Sessions and Walker at the PG. Selby is a good player but he is a tiny SG - which they already have in Gordon.

Also the Raps can't trade a first round pick due to the restrictions on the pick to Houston.

Any trade that brings Rudy to Toronto (and does not involve Lowry, Bargnani, or JV!) I am all for though.

Comment

Yeah it really isn't the best trade for the Bobcats so I threw the Grizzlies 1st round pick in there, but even then I don't know if they'd want to give up Taylor and Biyombo.

Do you think the Raptors and Grizzlies are getting fair deals?

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
        Yeah it really isn't the best trade for the Bobcats so I threw the Grizzlies 1st round pick in there, but even then I don't know if they'd want to give up Taylor and Biyombo.

The Grizzlies add depth on the front-court, but lack overall talent. Out goes Gay, in comes DeRozan, Kleiza, Biyombo. Turns into something similar to the Nuggets really... But with potential as well.

Also, for the Raptors depth chart, specifically the starting lineup. I would rather start Fields for defense/rebounding purposes along with Gay. Gay is still a one-dimensional player like Derozan, just more talented and a better scorer/shooter.

PG: Lowry
        SG: Fields
        SF: Gay
        PF: Bargnani
        C: Valanciunas

For Charlotte, Biyombo had a solid rookie campaign. Ed Davis has room left to grow, and if Selby can grab some playing time, he could be a really good rotational/spot minute starter in the league. IMO though, neither Memphis or Charlotte offers/accepts this trade. Too much to give up in their eyes.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I like it for the Raps and Grizzlies to be honest. Biyombo would be a good, cheap option for them to back up Gasol and Randolph. It would be an impressive, young(ish) frontcourt. The only kicker would be the 2 years they need to pay Kleiza for. I'm not sure they'd be up for that. The Raptors give up the usual suspects (minus Calderon which is a refreshing change) and get their man.

I would agree with Matt tho.. The first thing I did was look at Biyombo on the Grizz and the return going back to Charlotte.. It's just not quite enough. I like this idea tho. It could gain traction with some adjustments here and there

Comment

If the Grizz were open to moving Gay, I think a DeRozan, Kleiza, Biyombo, and Taylor package would be the best available for them.

But I do see what you're saying, it'd be especially difficult to see the Bobcats accept such a trade unless Ed, and Selby start to show some real promise.

Comment

The 2013 unprotected first round pick going to the Bobcats was supposed to be a big part of the deal too, because I knew Charlotte wasn't exactly getting enough talent in return for Biyombo.

Comment

But I do see what you're saying, it'd be especially difficult to see the Bobcats accept such a trade unless Ed, and Selby start to show some real promise.
                Agreed. This trade could play itself out to make a lot more sense mid season. If Kleiza plays well and Davis steps up his game I could see it. I just don't like the idea of trading Davis right now because his stock is so low. With this lineup I don't see him having a huge opportunity to showcase his talents either.

Comment

If the Grizz were open to moving Gay, I think a DeRozan, Kleiza, Biyombo, and Taylor package would be the best available for them.

Cleveland could really offer some nice assets and major cap flexibility/money savings.

Houston could also offer a nice package of young assets.

I don't think anything from Toronto is the best offer out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X