No announcement yet.

The World Soccer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fan base in Canada for italian soccer is pretty annoying. They do not annoy me for arrogance though. They annoy me because they only come out of the woodworks every 2-4 years (only for big tourneys) and generally dont even like soccer that much.

But, being an Italian citizen, and having lived in Rome, I can tell you that there is a sense of honour in regards to soccer that can match any country. While Italian fans (in Italy) are annoying after a win (understatement lol), how can you hold it against us when Italy have been given this role as the perennial under dogs? In 2006, no one expected them to beat Germany. 2012, no one expected them to beat Germany. There is this chip on the teams shoulder, like they always have something to prove, which is strange because the true Italians hold them to this high standard. I think this is the reason for the arrogance, and if that is the case, I see nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      While Italian fans (in Italy) are annoying after a win (understatement lol), how can you hold it against us when Italy have been given this role as the perennial under dogs?
      under dogs is pushing it. less favored, yes. but i'd be hard pressed to remember a time they weren't considered top 3 or 4 team in the world. just because you're less of a favourite, doesn't mean you're not still one of the favourites

the problem isn't the perception of the italian team... everybody knows they're top notch.. it's the perception of germany (and spain) as football gods that is the problem

that being said, i'm supporting Spain in the final... not because they're a god-like team or anything... with england out, i defer to teams with my favourite players... and Xabi Alonso is a legend of the Kop

Comment

BRING ON THE WORLD CUP!!!! WOOOOOO!!!l!!!!!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

GOOOOOOOO BRAAAAAAZZZIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!

that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GOOOOOOOOOO CROATIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

That is all.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                Hell no.

No more Spain please

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Hell no.

No more Spain please
                  not my fault that i was a spain fan before their domination of 2 euros and a world cup
                  Last edited by rapfan10; Wed Jun 11, 2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Let's the fiesta begin!

3-0 brazil got this.

Comment

I was born jn Brazil, I've been looking forward to this for a looooong time. Go Brasil!!
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            The fan base in Canada for italian soccer is pretty annoying. They do not annoy me for arrogance though. They annoy me because they only come out of the woodworks every 2-4 years (only for big tourneys) and generally dont even like soccer that much.

But, being an Italian citizen, and having lived in Rome, I can tell you that there is a sense of honour in regards to soccer that can match any country. While Italian fans (in Italy) are annoying after a win (understatement lol), how can you hold it against us when Italy have been given this role as the perennial under dogs? In 2006, no one expected them to beat Germany. 2012, no one expected them to beat Germany. There is this chip on the teams shoulder, like they always have something to prove, which is strange because the true Italians hold them to this high standard. I think this is the reason for the arrogance, and if that is the case, I see nothing wrong with it.
                            Oh fuck Italy. Bunch of whiny, diving, super models.....I read this earlier today and it made me laugh out loud:

Italy: The worst. THE WORST. The Dwyane Wade of soccer teams. If it snowed during an Italy game, Italian players would treat every snowflake like an oncoming bullet. MAMMA MIA! THE-A SNOW BULLETS ARE-A LANDING ONNA MY MEATBALLS!

(flops a million times)

It's saying a lot that in a tournament LOADED with dislikable teams and players, Italy stands alone as the most despicable of the lot. I'm surprised they don't call lawyers onto the field every time that one dude with a Mohawk gets grazed by an oncoming shinpad. I would like any other team to win this tournament. Is North Korea playing this year? No? Well, I'd root for them over Italy anyway.

Italy is a gorgeous country with fantastic food that is run like the Five Points district of 19th century Manhattan. Two hundred years from now, when the rest of the world is toodling around in flying cars, you will still be walking through an Italian train station with your hands tightly clutching your wallet and phone, trying to catch a train that will be three hours late.
                            So ya..... Italy can suck it!

Comment

Might as well just post the whole article, its just hilarious!!!

http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-hat...ium=socialflow

Comment

I'd come up with a better opening.. you can do better, Brazil.
                                Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jun 12, 2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X