Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Stir The Pot Some More; Rudy Gay Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Stir The Pot Some More; Rudy Gay Available?

There is belief around the league that injured Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay could be had in the right deal. Gay, 25, has about $68 million left on his contract for the next four years. The Grizzlies have already given Zach Randolph a monster $71 million extension this spring and Marc Gasol's expiring contract is up next.
    http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/1218...medium=twitter

talks of a weak draft, raptors need of a legit sf=rudy gay...?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/1218...medium=twitter

talks of a weak draft, raptors need of a legit sf=rudy gay...?
    The reason to make the trade for MEM would be to save money. Toronto has nothing to offer them financially speaking as both teams are over the cap, meaning salaries must match up within 125% +$100K of each other.

If MEM is going to deal Gay with the premise being financial relief, they'll have to look at teams under the salary cap or CLE with their TPE who can also offer cheap talent or young players on rookie deals. The teams MEM would most likely be looking at would be: LAC, MIN, CLE, SAC, and IND, in my opinion. All have a desparate need on the wing with the exception of IND who have Granger but he isn't getting any younger, healthier, or better.

Comment

What about denver?
      Gay for Affalo + TPE+ first rounder?

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
        What about denver?
        Gay for Affalo + TPE+ first rounder?
        Good call. Include DEN in the list of teams I had above.

Afflalo would have to be a sign and trade. MEM needed some outside shooting which was one of the reasons why Mayo was re-inserted in to the starting lineup. I could see Gallo + Mosgov + 1st rounder for Gay.

Either way, my point above was I highly, highly doubt TOR is not getting Gay.

Comment

Sorry how much of the trade exception is left? If it's cap relief...that's cap relief. Not sure there's enough there to bundle with a player to make the numbers work though.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Sorry how much of the trade exception is left? If it's cap relief...that's cap relief. Not sure there's enough there to bundle with a player to make the numbers work though.
            You can't bundle what's left of the trade exception to make the numbers work. That's the point.

Comment

I see no way or reason for us to get Gay, however, maybe we could be involved in a three team trade and sneak Mayo out of memphis at the same time? Or possibly chandler or Affalo (if its a sign and trade) out of Denver? Those are the only reasons I would want to be part of a Gay deal

Just a quick idea i came up with, (probably not fair for all teams but oh well):
              http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6kxjhy7

Im not sure what we have that Denver really wants though...

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                I see no way or reason for us to get Gay, however, maybe we could be involved in a three team trade and sneak Mayo out of memphis at the same time? Or possibly chandler or Affalo (if its a sign and trade) out of Denver? Those are the only reasons I would want to be part of a Gay deal

Just a quick idea i came up with, (probably not fair for all teams but oh well):
                http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6kxjhy7

Im not sure what we have that Denver really wants though...
                Yeah uh... Denver and Memphis would probably drop us and go find a 3rd team that actually adds something to the 3-way. Memphis gets reamed in your trade suggestion.

I'm sure we have players that Denver would want; the problem is they're players we wouldn't really want to part with, at least not for Felton/Mayo.

Comment

What about danny granger?

Comment

One side note I would worry a little bit about with Rudy Gay is that you have a guy who has played for crap Memphis teams for years and has really paid his losing dues. The Grizz finally get good (and he is a big part of that - would they have made the playoffs without him?) and then he gets shipped somewhere like Toronto where he has to spend the prime of his career winning 25 games a year and playing with another group of inexperienced, constantly changing players. I can't imagine you're going to get a super-motivated guy, especially with that huge contract.

Also, there will be better offers than anything the Raps could (or should) do...

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      Danny Granger and James Johnson on the same team, its gonna be some black on black crime going down.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        While we've seen unrealistic trades go through (Pau Gasol from Memphis, etc.), realistically speaking, we are more likely to improve via solid drafting and giving prospects a second chance at life than trading prospects away to acquire players who will likely be on the wrong side of their careers when we start to contend. Lack of patience will only hurt our future ceiling, and going through this pothole only to end up a perennial 35-45 win team again isn't exactly something I look forward to.

Comment

if we dont get a top 2 pick then maybe we should consider it
                          ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            if we dont get a top 2 pick then maybe we should consider it
                            Consider what? We are over the cap as is MEM. The TPE can't be combined with players salaries to make the numbers match (125% + 100K). If MEM trades Gay it would be for financial relief which we cannot offer. We can consider all we want but if MEM already hung up on the other end, what is the point?

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              Danny Granger and James Johnson on the same team, its gonna be some black on black crime going down.
                              your right, JJ will probably karate chop danny granger's head in half.

Comment

Working...
                              X