Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOLLOLLOLOLOL - Anthony injured, Stoudemire out: KNICKS WIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOLLOLLOLOLOL - Anthony injured, Stoudemire out: KNICKS WIN!

*First off I don't meant to make fun of the reason why Stoudemire was out. That is tragic*

For all the hoopla of superstars clamouring to team up with one another, the Knicks have absolutely sucked this year. So you'd think when you're 2 all-star players are out, you'd be in trouble.

LOL

Think again. Stoudemire out. Anthony injured 6 minutes in. KNICKS WIN!

NEW YORK -- Jeremy Lin scored a career-high 28 points in his first career start, Steve Novak added a season-best 19, and the New York Knicks overcame the absence of Amare Stoudemire and early loss of Carmelo Anthony to beat the Utah Jazz 99-88 on Monday night.

Stoudemire left the team to join his family in Florida after older brother Hazell was killed there earlier Monday in a car crash, then Anthony left after just six minutes with a strained right groin.

Despite missing two All-Stars and using a lineup of second-teamers, the Knicks won their second straight thanks to another remarkable performance from Lin, the former Harvard point guard.

Al Jefferson scored 22 points in a disappointing effort for the Jazz in the opener of a brief two-game road trip.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320206018

I hope the same fate awaits Dwight Howard.

Please read the Ewing Theory:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      I'm aware of it.

The hilarity I find in the situation is all these prima donnas trying to hook up behind the scenes to play together.

Be careful what you wish for, gents!

Comment

It makes me happy to see these "big market" player magnets falter.

Charlie Sheen, winning
        Denver Nuggets, winning
        New York Knicks, losing

Comment

Manning: You can feel the "Manning goes down and the Colts rally behind James & Harrison" moment coming in the next few years, can't you?

ummmmm......

Comment

The Knicks will be fine. I'm none too worried about them. When everyone comes back - and are healthy, they really should roll with Lin as the point guard (which goes without saying). They're gonna be one of those teams that aside that teams in the Eastern Conference should be wary of, especially come playoff time.

Comment

Somebody needs to give Lin a parachute because he's been inflated into crushing heights over the last two games.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Somebody needs to give Lin a parachute because he's been inflated into crushing heights over the last two games.
                Please parachute him into a Raptors uniform next season.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Hey, we might be witnessing the next great Disney sports movie.

Comment

All 30 teams passed on him in the draft and then he was cut by a lottery team.

Comment

I remember reading an article on him before the draft, thinking to myself:
                      "Asian kid from Harvard makes NBA" would be an AMAZING movie. haha
                      Just have to really play to all the stereotypes, and its the next Big comedy.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        It funny how perception changes. Lin can't get off the bench with the Warriors and he's already had more than 15 minutes of fame in New York. I recall Lin taking John Wall to school in the summer league in 2010.

Comment

I was waaaaaay ahead of you: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...y-the-Warriors

Apollo wrote:
                          IIRC, the same thing happened with Ben Wallace and look at where he is today (figuratively speaking).

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            The Knicks will be fine. I'm none too worried about them. When everyone comes back - and are healthy, they really should roll with Lin as the point guard (which goes without saying). They're gonna be one of those teams that aside that teams in the Eastern Conference should be wary of, especially come playoff time.
                            I can't wait until Baron Davis comes back and they actually get JR Smith. The drama in that locker room is going to be epic. I absolutely love what is happening with the Knicks. Makes me forget what's happening in Miami at the moment. I would really love for something to happen at the trade deadline that shifts the balance away from these "super friends" teams. The perfect season for me would be for the Knicks to not make the play-offs, and the Heat loses in 7 to Oklahoma (I know, I wish).

PS> I'm convinced that if we have AB, our record would be way better than the Knicks and could be sniffing the eight spot in our division.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I remember reading an article on him before the draft, thinking to myself:
                              "Asian kid from Harvard makes NBA" would be an AMAZING movie. haha
                              Just have to really play to all the stereotypes, and its the next Big comedy.
                              They'd just turn it into another......

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0991167/

Comment

Working...
                              X