Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I dont remember which thread youre talking about,
    but I put the 'u' in 'should've' before the 'o', and thats about it.

Ive been asking for Bargnani to be benched for the longest time, I think Ed and Val should start and Ive been saying that since like game 6.
    OK, then I'll leave well enough alone! lol but yeah, you are correct on the Should've part.

Comment

The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
      Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Nov 26, 2012, 04:21 AM.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        The sad fact is that Raptors are not a team. I mean look. We have had 2 selfish black holes last season in Bargnani and Demar. This season we added Kyle Lowry, who could be reasonably included into this list. Although he's PG and he must feed others with ball, especially JV in the paint, that's what saves him from being completely ball hog. But at this moment there's no team game in this so called team. Everyone play for themselves, for statistics, individually. I know it's NBA, the game is different and there are leaders and contributors to leaders in this game. But I mean, come on, shooting 20, 30 shots per night and seeing that they just don't fall, what can you do? Share the frickin ball, yes it's risky, may result in turnover and shooting by yourself may end up better choice. But apparently it's not, 14 games has shown that!

Take Spurs as an example, how many balls they lost in 3rd, 4rd quarters, just because they made risky passes, at least they are trying to distribute the ball, and deserve SA Spurs "team" title.

We can justify players if they are successful after playing a successful K.Bryant-like game, but how consistently that happens? How consistently we win? Who is consistent on this team when we look at our leaders? No one, and as long this trend continues we are going to be consistent at loosing. We don't have stars, so do not force players to act like ones, we are mediocre and the only way making mediocre players play better is to create a team (which shares the ball), where everyone plays effectively.

Why Brickani thread? How often do you see him pass? This dude is not even on hit n' run mode. He's on hit, miss n' stand.
        First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

Secondly:

EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          this is a veteran not a rookie, what absolute garbage. He should've worked harder to catch the ball in rhythm, and should've either gone dribble pull up (might result in a long 2) or penetrate and finish; that is his game.
          2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            2-19 #tradeBargsNOWMUTHERFUCKERS
            lol - that would be hilarious trending.

Comment

What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

He got to the free throw line ONCE.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                What bothers me the most about Bargnani's game isn't so much that he missed 17 of 19 shots.. it's that when he was having a horrible shooting night (which happens) and he didn't try to manufacture some extra points.

He got to the free throw line ONCE.
                I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  First off Demar is assisting more than ever before! Watch for him to improve his kick outs, and learn how to create for his team (especially as they double him)

Secondly:

EDIT: Obviously Bosh misses the open give-me. Who remembers the same miss vs GSW as sonny intercepted the inbounds pass? oh... good times.
                  When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    When was it? The pass. You know what I mean.
                    I think it was his rookie season! 2006-2007!

I can tell by the announcers still thinking about Bargnani making other players better. Jeez, look at him run, makes me wish he could be his rookie self again.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I don't recall a single post-up attempt either....
                      How can a 7-footer go through an entire game (let alone a double overtime game) without a single postup? How is that possible?
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        How can a 7-footer go through an entire game (let alone a double overtime game) without a single postup? How is that possible?
                        Only a retard like bargnani could accomplish something like that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Only a retard like bargnani could accomplish something like that
                          Can't believe as a 4 he didn't call his own play with himself on the block when he was dribbling up the ball. He should have called an iso play for himself posted up and passed himself the ball made a hard move to the basket and got his own rebound for the putback and one. One thing about bargnani is the horrible plays he calls for himself to run. What a dick

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Can't believe as a 4 he didn't call his own play with himself on the block when he was dribbling up the ball. He should have called an iso play for himself posted up and passed himself the ball made a hard move to the basket and got his own rebound for the putback and one. One thing about bargnani is the horrible plays he calls for himself to run. What a dick
                            Are you saying that a 7 footer who is supposed to be the focal point of your offense. Can't figure out how to get position down low and ask for the ball? thats just pathetic

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Are you saying that a 7 footer who is supposed to be the focal point of your offense. Can't figure out how to get position down low and ask for the ball? thats just pathetic
                              not saying it at all. i am saying he isn't the one calling plays. he didn't have a post up isn't the same as he didn't go down to the low block. he isn't the decision maker and to blame him for it is needless nitpicking

Comment

Are you saying that after 7 years in the league Bargnani is still following strict orders from the coach? Come on.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X