Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Heat @ Raptors: Stopping the rolling Heat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    So you really think i'm criticizing Lowry now because of his play today? seriously? guess what, i've criticized him ALL SEASON LONG.

Fact is, Lowry makes way too many boneheaded decision offensively and defensively, silly turnovers when the game is on the line, likes to play hero ball. And i'm not sure if you watched today's game but Jack Armstrong has criticized him all game long.

You mentioned Calderon folds in high pressure games. Funny, but have you watched Lowry play in the 4th this year? LOL. Let`s just say, i don`t think he likes pressure.

And did you just say Detroit is 2-11 since the trade? are you really going to go there? LOL you`re grasping here. Detroit before the season started was projected to be one of the worst teams in the league. The Jose trade hasn`t changed that. So with Calderon what exactly are you expecting their record would be? 11-2?
    I think it's fair to saw both have significant flaws.

Calderon reached his peak, maybe even over-achieved, in the weeks leading up to the trade. He's one of those guys you have to hide on defense and plays a very low risk game. Good guard for developing players, IMHO.

Lowry is small and has a sub-par handle. Miami is a team that, with Amir playing how he's playing these days, should have been pick and rolled to death today. KL's game can't exploit those opportunities. He does take risks where Calderon does not and is able to change the momentum of a game when his gambles payoff. When they don't work, it looks ugly.

Simply put, neither is going to get you to the playoffs very often as a starter, let alone past the first round. Unless they have a ton of support around them to compensate...
    Last edited by PicknRoll; Sun Mar 17, 2013, 07:31 PM. Reason: Additional though

Comment

• PicknRoll wrote: View Post
      I think it's fair to saw both have significant flaws.

Calderon reached his peak, maybe even over-achieved, in the weeks leading up to the trade. He's one of those guys you have to hide on defense and plays a very low risk game. Good guard for developing players, IMHO.

Lowry is small and has a sub-par handle. Miami is a team that, with Amir playing how he's playing these days, should have been pick and rolled to death today. KL's game can't exploit those opportunities. He does take risks where Calderon does not and is able to change the momentum of a game when his gambles payoff. When they don't work, it looks ugly.

Simply put, neither is going to get you to the playoffs very often as a starter, let alone past the first round. Unless they have a ton of support around them to compensate...
      I would say Lowry's talent level is better than Calderon's overall. He's obviously not a point guard you are going to rely on, but he's a good starter, and if he goes back to his same level of play from his time in Houston, and even the beginning of the season, I would push a bold and say he is all-star calibre. I mean, he's literally a triple-double waiting to happen on any given night.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Lowry I would say hasnt been playing Lowry ball cause if he does he will draw criticism dammed if you are dammed if you dont and honestly he hasnt looked 100% for a while. What he is doing right now isnt a bad thing looking for the 1 option in Gay 2 option DeRozan 3rd option should be him but instead hes getting Amir good looks as well as JV who is Raw offensively.

Let the current team have a training camp together and it should be fine to get some flow, Lowry can ball its just now he has options to work with. The Raptors at the moment are truly just 6 guys that can actually do anything...

Comment

• Lowry isn't aggressive enough, that is the bottom line. He doesn't shoot when he needs to and he gambles way too much on D and doesn't play with energy when we need it. When he starts off the game looking for his shot we are a whole different team, because the opposing team starts playing closer attention to him allowing him to drive and kick to open guys.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Lowry isn't aggressive enough, that is the bottom line. He doesn't shoot when he needs to and he gambles way too much on D and doesn't play with energy when we need it. When he starts off the game looking for his shot we are a whole different team, because the opposing team starts playing closer attention to him allowing him to drive and kick to open guys.
            That's not all his fault, he's taken a mindset because of the Coach to play a balanced game, and have a little bit of "Calderon in him". I would love to see him more aggressive, but I don't think the Coach necessarily wants it. Quite frankly, I'd rather see hero ball than looking disinterested...
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• No doubt the team will be throwing whats working and what isnt at the board. Good that Lowry has adapted some Calderon, he is better at passing the ball (more often than not) but he needs some Jekyll n Hyde in his game.

Comment

Working...
              X